Below you'll find recent contributions related to bgix's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Daily Kos Labor digest
This is just a great deep dive on how restaurants in the Bay Area are adapting to minimum wage increases .
|Taking Marco Rubio at his word, Republicans are clear and present danger to Catholic Church
Pope Francis You might'...
|Marco Rubio: Support for marriage equality is a 'real and present danger' to religion
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) Marco Rubio, in the midst of his run for president as candidate of the youth and the future, has a sad (and kind of an angry and a scared) that opposing the right of people ...
|Benghazi myths aren't hard to debunk, but can true believers hear it?
There's no amount of debunking that will convince the hardcore Benghazi conspiracy theorists or the cynical Republicans who believe they need a Benghazi scandal to defeat ...
|How dozens of lawmakers avoid paying rent
It's fair to remember, when you hear that members of Congress are paid $174,000 a year, that many of them are paying to keep up a home in their district and a place to live in Washington, D.C., ...
|Politico discovers nest of traitors to anti-Hillary agenda: Women's magazines
Politico makes the disturbing discovery that women's magazines have a large audience ...
|Horde of lesser Republican candidates must figure out how to claw their way into debates
If Donald Trump runs for president, he's on track to get in the early debates, while 2012 Iowa caucus winner Rick ...
|Why don't poor people just get jobs? Because they already did.
The contrast between hardworking Americans and shiftless, lazy, poor people is a favorite of Republicans as they try to cut safety net ...
|Teachers of the Year tell us what's holding students back and where they'd spend education money
President Obama with 2015 teacher of the year Shanna Peeples. Every year, each state chooses its teacher of the year. This year, the Council of Chief State School Officers and ...
|U.S. is paying the price for not investing in trains, and it's stupid
House Speaker John Boehner may think it's "stupid" to suggest that the recent fatal Amtrak crash had anything to do with lack of funding, but the evidence ...
|American reality distorted by media coverage and police response
In the last few days America witnessed something many have been stating for decades. The media coverage and interpretation of events is demonstrably race based. I walked into my home from after ...
|This week in the war on workers: Who gets the benefits of trade deals?
The Senate advanced fast-track authority for the Trans-Pacific Partnership on Thursday.
|How many minimum wage hours would you have to work to afford rent in your state?
Click map to enlarge Minimum wage increases passed by cities and states around the country are great news for low-...
|Yup, Clinton can tell the Beltway media to go to hell
Heavens! Is that Hillary with some "everyday Americans"? BLASPHEMY! The same day I lauded ...
|What did, or didn't, the Duggar family learn from son Josh's sexual offenses?||Laura Clawson||05/22/2015||182|
|Despite Republican attacks, Obama is 'very clear on the lessons of Iraq'
|New York Times does its best to be a 'real opponent' to Hillary Clinton
Anyway, this is the polite version of the face I made when reading this article.
|Daily Kos Labor digest
Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner is trying to buy votes for his anti-worker agenda .
|Primary season flip-flops won't hurt Republicans, former Romney adviser says
Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) As the Republican presidential primary gets into gear, the ...
|If Hillary Clinton isn't talking to reporters, who should she be listening to?
Some enterprising reporters have moved on, as New ...
|Republicans hope ISIS will help them fearmonger their way to the White House
Republicans think they can get voters to forget who's really ...
|If Hillary wants to avoid the beltway political media, well then, that's very smart
Hillary Clinton, at a small-business roundtable in Iowa, loses nothing by bypassing the traditional ...
|Fox News has set the rules. Which GOP candidates will make it onto the debate stage?
Eight looked like a lot in 2012 debates, but ...
|McDonald's can't ignore worker protests before shareholder meeting||Laura Clawson||05/20/2015||15|
|Nebraska legislature votes to repeal death penalty
Nebraska's legislature has voted to repeal the state's death penalty by what should be a veto-proof margin. The vote was ...
|Mystery money didn't stop Jeb Bush and Carly Fiorina from backing Frank Guinta
Rep. Frank Guinta (R-NH) Rep. ...
|'Heavy-handed, aggressive, and unnecessary tactics' from the House Benghazi Committee
Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-...
|The sex-obsessed Ted Cruz can't stop talking about, well, sex
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) Sen. Ted ...
|Daily Kos Labor digest
Five ways to help nail salon workers. Better than swearing off manicures now while the subject is on your mind, then slinking ...
|Los Angeles city council says yes to $15 minimum wage
Los Angeles is becoming the third major American city to ...
Recommended by bgix
- "Dead malls," "traffic sewers," "parking deserts." These terms are now common among civic planners. They also have a common origin: suburbia. These are not the usual terms used in public health ...167 comments 242 Recs
- One week ago, BeninSC posted a diary noting that the Republicans are "a party of Orwellian deception" and urging us to ...shine the biggest light on the superiority of Democratic morality. Of doing ...255 comments 735 Recs
- Below are cartoons drawn over the past several decades by Cabu, one of the most emblematic cartoonists at Charlie Hebdo (if not the most). Cabu was murdered along with his colleagues this past week. ...422 comments 683 Recs
- Edit: Firstly, I apologize for not getting involved in the comments -- y'all overwhelmed me. I'm working my way through them, though. Secondly, thanks to the Uber and Lyft drivers who have ...261 comments 70 Recs
- (Halting the Spread of the Right-Wing Virus) Step One: Interrupt the Blowhard (Stop the flow of verbal diarrhea.) Step Two: Put a cork in his mouth. Step Three: Redirect. Or, Step Four: Seize ...135 comments 510 Recs
- With sign-ups for private insurance nearing 7 million on the final day of open enrollment for Obamacare, Republicans are once again trying ...60 comments 189 Recs
- FOLLOW @RubenBolling on Twitter. Further: JOIN Tom the Dancing Bug's proud and ...47 comments 143 Recs
- Nobody can deny the fact that Christianity has played a huge role in our history. From the first Thanksgiving to the ideas of Jesus Christ that are embroidered in our culture today, Christianity and ...422 comments 808 Recs
- Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night. --Isaac Asimov You know a science discussion is going down hill when someone says something ...172 comments 84 Recs
- Finally, an oil company reacts with genuine class. Last week a Chevron-owned natural gas well near Bobtown, Pennsylvania, ...106 comments 105 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.