Below you'll find recent contributions related to bontemps2012's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|NC Vetoed Magistrate Hate Bill may yet pass
|EVERYone for President!
It's time, people, for you to join the presidential race for the White House in 2016. This is not an original idea. Two dozen candidates - and counting! - have made themselves available, many ...
|WaPo's Chris Cillizza whines about campaign finance reform as an election issue
I haven't used the word "sophistry" in a while, and this minor literary classic from WaPo blogger and Marco Rubio fanboy Chris Cillizza seems like a prime excuse to dust it off. The esteemed Mr. ...
|Theodoric of York Medieval Liberal||06/03/2015||7|
|Cracks Appear In America’s Two-Family Political Dynasty In Latest CNN/ORC and ABC/WaPo Polls
My takeaways from these two latest polls (and folks here who follow my comments know I’m NOT a fan of these absurdly early, extremely volatile numbers): Hillary’s experiencing some significant ...
|How about some good news out of Arizona?
Over the last week, local and national news stories, including a handful of my diaries here, have ...
|Who saw THAT coming? Phoenix mosque protest organizer sets up GoFundMe account
See a pattern here? Do or say something that's batshit crazily offensive, like refusing to serve pizza to a gay couple, then complain when the not-insane world says nasty things about you and ...
|So What is Jeb up to today?
He doesn't really want you to know. Jeb is pulling a Romney. The plates cost 7,500 dollars. The sponsors are the six CEO's of coal companies.( United Coal Company, Alliance Resource Partners, ...
|Well, Folks, I am Officially Homeless...But in a Good Way :)
How's THAT for a clickbait title? ;) As some of you already know, I've been making plans for several months now to give up my apartment, sell all my stuff, convert a cargo van into a camper van, ...
|The Ones You Didn't Hear: The Sundered Garment and Jeroboam's Tax Revolt
(Cross-posted from The Ones You Didn't Hear in Sunday School ) King Solomon is chiefly known for two things: possessing enormous wealth, possessing deep wisdom, and possessing enough wives to fill ...
|The remarkable endurance of the weird POW/MIA flag
There was a brief tabloid media kerfluffle in NYC last week about a relic of the Vietnam War -- the POW/MIA flag. It seems the flag had not been flown in front of City Hall for almost a year, ...
|Pamela Geller calls for Phoenix mosque to be investigated, site of Muhammad cartoon contest
Friday night approximately 500 demonstrators faced off at the Islamic Community Center of Phoenix. While more than 800 people RSVP'd on the anti-Islam Facebook page to say they would attend, about ...
|Where Do You Stand on Bernie w/Poll
I've been reading lots of diaries on Kos about the relative merits of candidates and of course that includes Hillary and Bernie Sanders. (I am not including Elizabeth Warren here because I ...
|Written in Bone: Ambulocetus
The whales are the largest animals that have ever lived on earth. But the huge marine whales evolved from a small animal about the size of a large dog. And these earliest whales had four legs and ...
|Gaius Publius: “Sinking the Sanders Campaign Beneath a Wave of Silence”
[Diarist’s Note: Gaius Publius has provided written authorization to the diarist to reproduce their work in its entirety for the benefit of the Daily Kos community.] As long as one ignores a ...
|The Daily Bucket: Another Walk at Sawgrass Lake
Sawgrass Lake is a wildlife refuge right in the middle of the city of St Petersburg FL. It is one of my favorite places to spend an afternoon, since it has a variety of wildlife and plants. Here are ...
|“The Fire This Time: Black Youth and the Spectacle of Postracial Violence,” by Henry A. Giroux
[Diarist's Note: Henry Giroux has provided the diarist with written authorization to reproduce his posts in their entirety for the benefit of the Daily Kos community.] [http://www.truth-out.org/...
|Armed bikers draw cartoons of Muhammad at an Arizona mosque. What could go wrong?
Let's hope nothing does go wrong, but so far more than 500 800 people have RSVP'd to attend a Muhammad cartoon drawing contest in Phoenix on Friday, similar to the contest in Garland, Texas . That ...
|The Birth of The Armored Tank
By 1917, World War One was a stalemate. Both the Entente and the German armies were bloodied and exhausted. The development of the machine gun and the shrapnel artillery shell had given the ...
|Senior “State Department Officials Pass Through Revolving Door, Lobby for Passage of TPP”
If you were to read some of the audience’s comments in [http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/05/26/1387749/-Gaius-Publius-Hillary-TPP-the-World-of-Money-and-the-Center-for-American-Progress THIS ...
|My 9 year old son took his high stakes test this morning
All around North Carolina- This morning I kissed my 9 year old son on the forehead and whispered that I loved him. He headed with my wife to school today. This was not an ordinary school day. This ...
|The Bat Bomb: America's Oddest Weapon
No, it's not a Hollywood scifi movie about a caped superhero . . . In World War Two, the US military had actual plans in the works to use bats--Mexican Free-tailed Bats, to be specific--as living ...
|The Daily Bucket: Where Did Florida's Sand Come From?
Florida is of course famous for its sandy sunny beaches. Most people assume that this sand comes from broken and crushed coral, and for a small portion of the state that is true. But for most of ...
|Gaius Publius: “Hillary, TPP, the World of Money, and the Center for American Progress”
[ Diarist's Note: Gaius Publius has provided written authorization to the diarist to republish their work in its entirety for the benefit of the Daily Kos community. On a related topic, and of ...
|My Buddhism Comes Out Of The Closet
On April 27 my life changed forever with a seizure and following that: the diagnosis of brain cancer. I am beginning full spectrum treatment on Thursday the 28th with radiation, chemo, and cannabis.
I've quoted this passage before, but I think it bears repeating. Some of the defenders of the Duggar family are saying that those mean ol' godless liberals are persecuting the Duggars because of ...
|In Regards to Conservatives Fierce Defense of Child Rape
Conservatives heard about Josh Duggar raping at least 5 of his very young sisters. They heard about how his parents knew, tried to cover it all up, and sickeningly allowed it to continue for an ...
|NOM's pathetic response to the Irish vote
The Irish people's brilliant affirmation of marriage equality yesterday has naturally caused some gnashing of teeth among the ever-fewer Catholics who are devoted to their idea of "traditional ...
|Meanwhile, Rick Scott Became Socialist (no, seriously)
The teaparty darling who hates all things Obama has allowed his hatred to go so far that he is parting with his core ideology. Florida's healthcare crisis is sinking us. Scott refuses to accept ...
|Photo Diary: Safety Harbor, FL
Safety Harbor is a little town of about 18,000 people located on the Pinellas County side of Tampa Bay. The Spanish conquistadors Narvayez and De Soto both landed here. The name comes from the 17th ...
|Who is training ISIS/Da'ish fighters?
Short diary. I read repeated news reports that fighters of the so-called Islamic State, also know as Da'ish, are better trained by whatever government troops or militias they encounter. My ...
Recommended by bontemps2012
- Murdochgate: 6 News of the World Journalists ARRESTED for Phone Hacking. BRIT Update x4, plus 6 moreFrom the BBC : Six journalists from the now defunct News of the World have been arrested by police investigating allegations of phone-hacking at the newspaper. Scotland Yard said three men and ...84 comments 222 Recs
- A pretty bold agenda. But what I was most happy about was when he talked about voting. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I often mention here my parents are Republicans. Moderate Republicans. You ...26 comments 24 Recs
- Paul Davis, House Democratic Leader for the State of Kansas is one of those politicians who says what he thinks. Sometimes that works as an advantage. Sometimes, it creates a little bit of a ...97 comments 141 Recs
- 141 comments 213 Recs
- Esquire magazine has a fascinating article up on the SEAL Team 6 member who shot Osama bin Laden and the struggles he has gone through since leaving the military. Identified only as "The Shooter," ...92 comments 53 Recs
- The hysterics of neoconservative senators has become a cacophony that's pretty similar to a room full of children. It's a series of tantrums that clearly shows they are losing, badly.56 comments 222 Recs
- Grr. Argh. Former vice president and honorary ...63 comments 36 Recs
- This LAPD accidental shooting of two people in a pickup delivering the morning paper occurred at the time just hours after Christopher Jordan Dorner had shot a number of LAPD officers and area ...360 comments 262 Recs
- My beloved partner, Terun Sabre Weed, aka GreenMountainBoy02, left us peacefully just after noon today. He was in no pain. He was surrounded by his family. Arrangements are being made, and the ...631 comments 1033 Recs
- We voted out a number of the rabid ideologues that populated the NH legislature last session - the folks that caused so much amusement around the world by filing bills wishing to quote from the ...3 comments 8 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.