Below you'll find recent contributions related to brooklynbadboy's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Congressman: Senate Vote 'Exonerates Snowden'
A lot of people are puzzled why Senator McConnell pushed so hard to preventing any needed reforms of the Patriot Act. The failure to do so partially discredited his leadership. Republican ...
|Meet 'Dem' John Delaney, bidding to be the next Joe Lieberman
Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.
|Sunday Train: In Worrying News, Non-Petroleum in Transport Hits 60-year High
The US Energy Information Administration released a story last week which sounded like good news: Nonpetroleum Share of Transportation Energy at Highest Level Since 1954 . "Since 1954" means, since ...
|Embracing the Dark Reality of Iraq
The Fall of Ramadi is becoming a game-changer. Not for the defeat itself, but for the response. In particular, the military offensive to retake Ramadi. The most obvious element of how things ...
|Bernie Sanders is polling better than EVERY Republican candidate
Bernie Sanders is "wacko", "crazy", "not to be taken seriously", and "He's a protest candidate. That's all" . At least if you listen to the mainstream news media. For some reason a large ...
|Friday Night Beer Blog
Hi again beer fans and happy Friday! Come share a cold one with us. I do have some beer news: Anheuser-Busch Halts Beer Production to Provide Water for Texas, Oklahoma Storm Victims (h/t annieli)
|The GOP's Iraq Problem
In recent days we've been entertained by the desperate flip-flopping of Republican candidates on the issue of the Iraq War. Beyond the humor factor there is a deadly seriousness to the ...
|No, Sanders isn't gaining on Clinton, but that doesn't mean he hasn't won
He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...
|"a disturbing and frightening echo of the summer of 2006"
With great fanfare, Baghdad is launching a military offensive to take back Ramadi, and Anbar province in general, from ISIS. The many problems that this offensive symbolizes can best be summed up ...
|Question: if Sanders isn't 'serious', then neither are most GOP presidential wannabees
More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...
|Taking Marco Rubio at his word, Republicans are clear and present danger to Catholic Church
Pope Francis You might'...
|An update on the Patriot Act debate
The debate in the Senate about extending the Patriot Act has gotten so bizarre that I suspect it is all kabuki. Mitch McConnell's inability to muster a fillibuster-proof 60 votes for a straight ...
|Friday Night Beer Blog - Bad Beer Boogie
We've made it to Friday again, beer fans. Come in and share a cold one with FNBB! And now my new song, titled "Bad Beer Boogie", inspired by this story that I covered a few weeks ago . The music ...
|So what is the GOP strategy for Iraq?
Republican candidates have decided to use the recent setbacks against ISIS as a winning issue in the 2016 election, and it seems to be working. A poll from October shows a majority of ...
|Yup, Clinton can tell the Beltway media to go to hell
Heavens! Is that Hillary with some "everyday Americans"? BLASPHEMY! The same day I lauded ...
|Kansas finds new way to punish the poor
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback promised to be able to balance the state budget by cutting taxes for the wealthy. That didn't work out. So to help cover the budget gap he has decided to punish the ...
|If Hillary wants to avoid the beltway political media, well then, that's very smart
Hillary Clinton, at a small-business roundtable in Iowa, loses nothing by bypassing the traditional ...
|Right-Wing Mythology: How Obummer Lost Iraq
Right-wing articles are very entertaining. Did you know that we won the Iraq War? I didn't. At least Bush won Iraq before Obama lost Iraq. I've discovered from reading right-wing sources ...
|GOP candidates running for Dubya's Third Term
Even before the Fall of Ramadi the GOP presidential candidates were foaming-at-the-mouth war hawks. It'll only get worse . The message itself is coming through clearly—at the “summit” of ...
Recommended by brooklynbadboy
- Pope Francis on the verge of asking Catholics to step up together to fight climate change. Science and ...199 comments 159 Recs
- Latest poll numbers from Iowa. This poll conducted by the DesMoines Register. Here: Iowa Democrats Stick With Hillary Clinton in Bloomberg Politics/Des Moines Register Poll Clinton is the ...92 comments 20 Recs
- Let's go back to October of 2006 when it became known that Denny Hastert had inexplicably failed to act on numerous reports that GOP Rep. Mark Foley had been sexually harassing male House pages via ...33 comments 32 Recs
- He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...843 comments 164 Recs
- The All-Nations Native American Veterans Memorial in Jefferson, Oregon [This is an edited and updated reprise of an essay first written for Memorial Day in 2010.] My ...56 comments 247 Recs
- I haven't been blogging for a bit. I've been busy reading and researching. But given the discussions of late, I thought I would share a bit of truth about ourselves that needs to be exposed and ...320 comments 435 Recs
- I don't know about you, but I am tired of these videos popping up with actual, factual brutality and sometimes DEATH of the alledged suspect at the hands of the police. This video below, will just ...147 comments 285 Recs
- Today, Senator Elizabeth Warren and Mayor Bill DeBlasio jointy wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post that is worth reading. Some excerpts: In this land of big dreams, there was never a dream ...69 comments 59 Recs
- Hillary Clinton at Rancho ...208 comments 163 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- No current results.