Posting History for bywaterbob
|Democrat In Position to Take LA-05 Where is the Cavalry?
Vance McAllister, Republican Congressman in LA-05 who earned eternal infamy as the "Kissing Congressman," reversed course earlier this year and announced that he would indeed seek reelection despite ...
|High Comedy In Louisiana
We have dueling poll results released today for Bobby Jindal. What makes them so notable is that both polls were conducted by Republicans. If you are in New Orleans today, the Times Picayune ...
|Louisiana Unemployment Rant
I am helping a desperate friend try to resolve an enormous problem with Louisiana's unemployment system. In doing so I discovered something that defies any rational explanation, but certainly smells ...
|New Orleans Stand Your Ground Shooting
A 14 year old boy was shot in the head by a homeowner in the Marigny neighborhood of New Orleans at 2 am this past Friday. The boy is in critical condition and if he survives will likely suffer from ...
|Seeing the Light In Louisiana
There has been a strange sequence of events over the past 6 months in Louisiana that seem to indicate that the deep crazy of national republican politics has worn out its welcome. First we saw ...
|Landrieu will hold senate seat
I was born in Boston but have lived most of my life in New Orleans. Hopefully, I have some good news to cheer some people up on a sad day. I also hope I don't offend anyone by moving on to a ...
|Worm Turns for Rick Scott
Well, well, well.... From todays Tampa Bay Times: "Saying his mother's death last year provided "new perspective" on one of the biggest decisions he's faced as Florida's governor, Rick Scott ...
|Gov. Bobby Jindal backs down on Medicaid hospice elimination
That was quick. http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/01/gov_bobby_jindal_backs_down_on.html#incart_river_default I really don't know what to make of this as usually no matter how ...
There have been some excellent diaries using undeniable facts to refudiate (sorry I love that word) the GOP's fantasy claim of substantial Jewish political support. This diary isn't really a ...
|Ryan vulnerable in hometown district
I wonder if anyone is going to spend money in Ryan's congressional district to seriously contest him there. He seems vulnerable. A semi-obvious tact would be to turn the "Obama closed the auto ...
|Rick Perry Won't Do It
Texas will not be able to opt out of participating in Obamacare, despite Rick Perry's avowed claims to the contrary. Texas has the highest rate of uninsured citizens in the country. Not ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by bywaterbob
- Oh, certainly he has an exploratory committee . Who doesn't? Got one myself, somewhere around here. He's talking it over with his family and the Almighty . He's giving the idea quiet contemplation ...85 comments 111 Recs
- It would be very refreshing, and unusually intelligent if, before the U.S. goes into another war, we know what we are getting into. With even a cursory look at what might be involved in a war with ...84 comments 61 Recs
- Sen. Lindsey Graham wants to run for president. Why? I don'...95 comments 58 Recs
- Beyonce, however, is a bad influence. Once-possible presidential contender Mike Huckabee was once purported to be a smart and savvy Republican who was adept at camouflaging his remarkably extremist ...156 comments 156 Recs
- Welcome to the Saturday Science Edition of Overnight News Digest.22 comments 41 Recs
- France has decided to delay delivery of two Mistral high-tech amphibious assault ships to the Russian Navy. President Francois Hollande said on Tuesday that delivery of the first ship, the ...7 comments 5 Recs
- Why aren't these quotes standard rhetoric of the base? Truman foretells the future in 1952: Address at the National Convention Banquet of the Americans for Democratic Action May 17, 1952 In ...104 comments 219 Recs
- Three-term incumbent U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu is up for reelection today in one of the most competitive races in the country. Sen. Landrieu, or Mary as she’s known locally, is the last Democrat ...5 comments 11 Recs
- Cross posted on http://racesandredistricting.blogspot.com/ which has more 2014 election analysis and predictions. This post is first in an installment continuing to Election Day looking at ...10 comments 7 Recs
- It doesn't matter whether you are a Democrat, a Republican, a Libertarian, a Green, or a member of any other party. Many have died in order to provide every Texan, every American, the right to vote.147 comments 119 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.