Posting History for cardinal
|Dawn Chorus: Australia and New Zealand
Good morning everyone. This diary is the latest in my occasional "An American Gets Giddy over Someone Else's Common Backyard and Nuisance Birds" series. My wife and I finally made our long-...
|Let's tone down the Schadenfreude. . .
. . .and make room for some Prognosefreude ! Before this stuff is scrubbed from the Internet, here's a pictorial reminder that the bad prognostication went far deeper than Peggy Noonan, Karl Rove, ...
|Dawn Chorus: The Cardinal
Good morning, everyone. This diary is a celebration of America’s favorite red-crested seed muncher. In the first half, I describe what cardinals have meant to me over the years. If you just want ...
|Video: CNN's 10 minutes of hell
I was taping the coverage because of the historic nature of the decision, not because I thought CNN would produce a 10-minute train-wreck of confusion, backtracking, rationalization, and ...
|There's No Evidence that Conservatives Buy More Porn
For the second time in three years, a diary sits atop the rec list that showcases a Harvard study comparing porn consumption rates across states, with some intriguing findings that flatter our ...
|52 weeks - A Photo Diary
I thought I'd share some photos that I've taken since my last birthday, starting with Autumn, my favorite season.
|Charlie Sheen? No, not really.
The diary currently at the top of the rec list makes an emphatic point about misplaced priorities in the mainstream American news media. Its hundreds of comments are in nearly unanimous agreement. ...
|Dawn Chorus bird blog: Griswold edition
Good morning, all. I just returned from playing annoying American in Europe, lugging a grossly over-packed suitcase through train stations ...
|CNN Jobs Report: A Case Study in Bad Use of Statistics
CNN Tonight aired a report this evening titled “Government Fat Cats.” It’s a great case study of the faulty social-science inference and misleading use of statistics that is ...
|On Porn, red states, and good social science
Currently, a recommended diary showcases a Harvard study that compares porn consumption rates across states, with some ...
|It's time to let go of the candidate myths
Over the last few months, candidate advocates – in the improbable quest to prove that their candidate is the only true Democrat – have created narratives about the other front-runners. ...
|The Attributes of Recommended Diaries (a systematic analysis)
What are the attributes of recommended diaries, compared to those that fail to make the list? To shed some statistical light on this question, I analyzed 471 consecutive diaries, isolating the ...
|Debate: Edwards was clear winner tonight
John Edwards continued his string of impressive debate performances tonight by standing head and shoulders above the rest of the field. While each candidate had his/her strong moments, Edwards was ...
|You say Red and Blue? I say S-T-F-U||cardinal||10/17/2005||25||9||-||10|
|You're a ButtWanker (or, The Pathologies of Ideology)||cardinal||10/12/2005||13||10||-||11|
|Rumsfeld admits that he sucks||cardinal||02/03/2005||6||1||-||1|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by cardinal
- Former House Speaker Jim Wright, who represented Fort Worth in Congress for 34 years before resigning during a storm of ethics allegations, has died. He was 92. Wright was a man of perplexing and ...8 comments 10 Recs
- This adventure actually took place in November 2014 but I have only recently been able to put the tale in writing and assemble the pictures and figure out the uploading and whatnot needed to ...67 comments 50 Recs
- *Warning* This is a long and kind of technical diary. I have tried to keep it as simple as I could and still include what I think is really interesting but it is unavoidably very rich in nerdy ...80 comments 46 Recs
- Coyote bush is great stuff, but hard to work into the lyrics of a carol.29 comments 39 Recs
- Black Noddy? Taiga Bean Goose? Yellow-faced Grassquit? No, these aren't the names of the latest rock bands coming to you on Spotify, though it would be easy to be confused about that. These are, ...73 comments 41 Recs
- Admittedly, I've got a touch of grey. But nonetheless, I'm blue and that's great. Great Blue Heron in a sea of blue...35 comments 57 Recs
- You could say I'm a bit obsessive about Pelagic Cormorants. Besides being lovely graceful creatures there are also a lot of intriguing conflicting aspects in their story which I've been trying to ...77 comments 51 Recs
- Seriously sharp. Little Miss Sharp-shin has a big presence.67 comments 62 Recs
- I work with the Bexar County Democratic Party, and we are working to make Texas a safe place to be a Democrat. I had always avoided Texas in my job searches, but as offshoreing foreclosed ...42 comments 107 Recs
- ...adee. Seriously, this bird is elusive. Trying to get a photo is like trying for a good shot of Bigfoot. I talked about this last week in the comments. Having photos is not much of an ...41 comments 38 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.