Posting History for cgvjelly
|GOP Rep claims Obamacare costing $5 million per enrollee. Turns out he's off by about $5 million
Texas GOP Representative Pete Sessions (R-Math Challenged) Recently claimed on house floor that the cost of each enrollee was costing the U.S. treasury $5 million. He came up with that estimate by ...
|A nation (Canada) breathes a sigh of relief
It looks like Ted "Canadian" Cruz has finally gotten around to renouncing his Canadian citizenship: Cruz renounces citizenship It looks like Ted is getting his ducks in a row as he prepares to run ...
|Canadian Ted Cruz releases his "birth certificate"
It looks like Ted "Canadian Cruise" Cruz has released his "birth certificate" to the Dallas Morning news. Let the birther heads commence to explode. Cruz Birth ...
|Rick Perry ads $92k to his salary by claiming he's "retired"
It looks like our favorite teabagging Governor, who claims to detest goverment so much, has found a legal, if highly unethical (in my opinion) way to add $92,000 to his annual salary, claiming he is ...
|Breaking! GOP rep Chris Lee resigns..!
Banner currently on MSNBC: Rep. Christopher Lee, R-N.Y., resigns after Craigslist dating ad ...
|"Terrorist" FAIL.! Man pleads guilty to threatening Pres. Obama
I came across this extremely funny story today in the Dallas Morning News. A Dallas area man has plead guilty to threatening President Obama, and is awaiting federal sentencing in lieu of a trial.
|Arnold tells CA legislature where to go.
I saw this earlier, and thought it was completely hilarious. Here is a link to The Governator's latest veto message: [http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2009/10/arnold-speaks Hasta La Vista]
|Live blogging "In Performance at the White House: Fiesta Latina"
Tonight, President and Mrs. Obama and family are hosting "In Performance at the White House: Fiesta Latina" feature musice by the world's biggest Latino music stars, including Los Lobos, Gloria ...
| Kay B. Hutchison to resign senate to run for Gov-TX.
From the Dallas Morning news, reports are coming in that Kay Bailey Hutchison, the cheerleader senator from Texas, will resign her senate seat in 3 to 4 months to devote herself full-time to running ...
|An Israel/Palestine diary for the rest of us!
Like many regular readers, I've been following the latest round of I/P diary pie fights, and have observed as they predictably descend into tit for tat accusations, screaming, and general rowdy ...
|I just got BACK from Denver!
So about a month ago, my wife tells me she's stressing out over work, and needs a long weekend getaway to de-stress and re-charge. Me being a husband who likes to keep his wife happy, I started ...
|*Blank* is a disaster as VP pick!
I finally had to give my 2 cents, with all this talk of *blank* on the short list for Obama's VP, and all the hot scuttlebutt that *blank* may actually be the one chosen!
|Help me respond to this anti-Obama email. Updated w/ response
I just received this email from my brother in law, who is a die hard Bush guy and will vote %100 for McCain. We get along great, and don't discuss politics at all. This email is relatively mild ...
|July 31st money bomb! w/ pole. Updated: $400 so far
Today is the last day of the month, and the last chance to show continued strong monthly fundraising numbers for the Obama campaign. Obama needs to demonstrate that his decision to opt out of ...
|Open thread for FISA gloom and doom
Since we're probably going to see another 20 diaries on FISA today, I thought I'd use my daily allotment of 1 diary to provide an open thread to get everything FISA related off your chest. ...
|Women for John McCain website
I stumbled across this great website with tons of information for women considering voting for John McSame. I can't believe the McCain campaign didn't reserve this domain name. http://www....
|Breaking: "Big" John Cornyn is an idiot. w/ video
Check out this campaign video from "Big" John Cornyn, running for re-election against Kossack Rick Noriega for U.S. Senate in the great state of Texas. I can't tell if this is snark, or if it's a ...
|I got my IRS "rebate": Now what?
Like many Americans this week, I received my IRS rebate via direct deposit today for $1,200.00. I guess I should be grateful, but I really don't see how this passes for sound economic policy. But ...
|On hiatus until SHE drops out
I've been following this primary process closely since last year, and have finally reached the point where I need to take a step back, a break, from following this race day-to-day, closely, to the ...
|Everything IS bigger in Texas: Stories from the Caucus Wars
As a long time commentator, and very rare Diarist, I thought I would share my experience caucusing in Texas this past Tuesday night. First a little background:
|Conversation with my father
I called my father in California today to catch up on family matters and discuss a little politics before super tuesday tommorow, and ended up with a very interesting insight on the mindset of one ...
|Find your candidate match
I found this interesting quiz at politalk.com on finding a presidential candidate that best matches your views based on about 30 questions. It's not based on party, so your answers may match you up ...
|Please: No Harry Potter spoiler diaries
I am sure many here are eagerly awaiting the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows this coming Friday night/ Saturday morning. I know I'll be at my local Barnes & Noble on Friday ...
|Texas Kossacks: I didn't vote in yesterday's primary. Now what?||cgvjelly||03/08/2006||12||2||-||-|
|Homophobia quiz - What did you score?||cgvjelly||01/20/2006||69||6||-||16|
|School district calls for O'Reilly retraction||cgvjelly||12/14/2005||9||4||-||-|
|A View of Harriet Miers' tenure on the Dallas City Council.||cgvjelly||10/04/2005||5||6||-||83|
|Cronyism run amok||cgvjelly||09/20/2005||1||2||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by cgvjelly
- There is a lot of talk regarding Michael Sam today. A lot of it is bullshit. A popular theme goes something like this : The NFL has declared that openly gay players will face retribution and be ...21 comments 11 Recs
- This just in (link goes to ACASignups.net writeup): Since the beginning of open enrollment, millions of Americans are gaining access to health coverage–many for the very first time—thanks to ...57 comments 119 Recs
- *(The Massachusetts update is a major one, but with a major caveat) All details, updated graph & the spreadsheet itself at ACASignups.net KENTUCKY: Kentucky's enrollment continues to quietly but ...74 comments 135 Recs
- As Pope Francis comes more and more out of the Progressive Closet he begins to gain more and more pushback from the Rightwing who have long claimed that their Unrepentant Greed was Godly. ...319 comments 606 Recs
- Pope Francis today released a scathing critique of modern capitalism in an 84-page document, known as an apostolic exhortation, and which amounts to an official platform for his papacy and the Roman ...514 comments 595 Recs
- Oh this is delicious. Yes, you read it right. Hate-radio talk show host, Rush Limbaugh, has been ousted from Fargo's Talk 101.9 FM, and replaced with Rock 102, after listeners rebelled and ratings ...84 comments 231 Recs
- From Think Progress : The “Justice for Benghazi” rally was meant to be a joint effort between the Patriots4America and Special Operations Speak — two groups that have for months now been ...141 comments 275 Recs
- I know there are more momentous things going on in the world, but I just read this story this morning, and it made me sad. It also made me feel suddenly old. How can it be that Linda Ronstadt, ...162 comments 137 Recs
- The moron who lost a primary to Ted Cruz and made Wendy Davis a national star by his mistiming the sabotaging of her filibuster is making news again. It appears that Lt. Gov. Dewhurst actually has ...56 comments 91 Recs
- "love feels good when it sits right down puts it feet up on a table and sends a bowl around ain't nobody gonna see eye to eye with a girl who's only gonna stand collarbone high rain's gonna come in ...61 comments 24 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.