Posting History for chuck412
|The greedheads will destroy the Boundary Waters Wilderness
If they can. Here’s the deal. The Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCA) straddles part of the Minnesota/Ontario border. What with not being so much the trekking, camping type, I haven’t ...
|Wilfred Owen (d. Nov. 4, 1918)
(Others have written about Owen, here, in various contexts. Their diaries are better; more effort was put into them. But I figure that Owen's work can't be over-pimped.) What ...
|Pawlenty Post-Mortem: I've Been Waiting A Long Time, To Type This
A gentleman does not exult in the humiliation of others; I get that. But, in the case of Tim Pawlenty’s ignominious early exit from the 2012 presidential campaign, I’m not prepared to even try ...
|What's Going On, In MN GOPers' Heads?
I’ve been pondering, now and then, what might be going on with the mental processes of Minnesota legislative GOPers, in the wake of their shutdown of many state government services. The following ...
|Minnesota Progressive Blogger Held Liable For Truth-Telling
John Hoff, a progressive blogger in Minnesota who runs the site 'Adventures of Johnny Northside,' was found liable, to the tune of $60K, in a lawsuit brought by the subject of a series of his diaries.
|Whither President Obama?
The purpose of this diary is neither to extol President Obama’s job performance, nor to denigrate it. I just have a couple of items I’d like to present, with some commentary. (I used ...
|Corporate Media, By Any Name
The progressive blogosphere has yet to entirely settle on just how to refer to long-established media outlets like daily newspapers, newsweeklies, and most broadcast and cable news, radio and TV, ...
|Biggest Obama Disappointment?
I figure there have to have been other polling diaries of this nature here, but I haven't seen one, and a search turned up nothing. I am neither an 'Obamabot,' nor a perpetually outraged ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by chuck412
- The sign behind him was supposed to say IDIOT, but nobody could spell it. The supposed _Jade Helm 15_ conspiracy may be the single stupidest thing to come out of Texas in 20 years, and for a state ...363 comments 308 Recs
- Does ‘we the people’ matter anymore? Will it always be pay to play for the foreseeable future? Will we ever get our country back? Not the tea party type ‘get our country back’ but actually ...147 comments 76 Recs
- I recently read Moneyball , the Michael Lewis book that is ostensibly about baseball, but really is about politics. OK, it's really about baseball, specifically about the Oakland Athletics during ...25 comments 41 Recs
- Winter is a powerful framing for people in Minnesota. Winter invokes a shiver, an ache deep in our bones. Yet it binds us together like nothing else. We are the state known for winter, whether it ...76 comments 47 Recs
- I was a 3rd tier candidate in an R+8 district, a pawn recruited by the majority leader to keep a republican incumbent busy and blowing money instead of helping his fellow republican state house ...97 comments 95 Recs
- If you look at Yougov survey of state rankings, then you will see that Minnesota is ranked 18th in scoring on progressive issues. Minnesota was behind Wisconsin and Michigan. Yet Minnesota is doing ...138 comments 81 Recs
- This is largely Minnesota-centric, since that's where I helped with campaigns and I'm a local Democratic Party chair, but I know there are politics geeks who like getting into how things work in ...1 comments 2 Recs
- Hopefully the blatant racism we've seen since Pres. Obama's election disabused all of us of the notion that overcoming prejudice enough to elect a president from a disadvantaged group mean prejudice ...12 comments 10 Recs
- Last summer, a coalition of Minnesota conservation groups named Mining Truth started a public dialogue surrounding the proposed PolyMet and Twin Metals sulfide mines near Lake Superior and the ...8 comments 13 Recs
- You..ought to be out raising hell. This is the fighting age. Put on your fighting clothes. -Mother Jones Saturday June 13, 1903 Chicago, ...3 comments 8 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.