Posting History for clenchner
|We Are People for Bernie
Right after Bernie Sanders announced his intention to run, grassroots supporters from the occupy, labor, environmental and socialist movements published an open letter endorsing his candidacy . ...
|Organizing 2.0! NYC Conference Back for 6th Year
Full details - conference.organizing20.org For six years now, a volunteer crew has been teaching organizing (and digital organizing) skills to thousands of people in New York - and elsewhere. If ...
|Break Up the Big Banks and #OccupyCitibank
[This is an announcement from some Occupy Wall Street folks in support of an action tomorrow, 12/18/14. I am one of the signatories.] Occupy Wall Street is an idea whose time has come . And ...
|The Real Reason WFP Cut a Deal With Cuomo
As the Working Families Party (WFP) gathered for its state convention on May 31, it appeared the small but influential third party was set to turn New York politics on its head and challenge ...
|New Report on Global Protest Movement, 2006-2013
A new report published by a German think tank is worth looking at. World Protests 2006-1013 doesn’t contain any major surprises, but our communities should take a look. The short version: citizens ...
|What We Know About Winning The House in 2014
Recent weeks have seen a lot of talk about an unprecedented Democratic takeover of Congress in 2014. ( Here , here and here .) This would contradict a well-established pattern of mid-...
|NY Pol Micah Kellner Joins the #PenisPolitics Parade
Micah Kellner, Assemblyman and Candidate for City Council, spent vast amounts of time in Albany playing online Scrabble and harassing his own female staffers (at least twice that we know of.) ...
|NYC Council Race: Yetta Kurland vs. Derivatives Man
If you didn't know, Yetta Kurland is the phenomenal activist-candidate poised to make history in this year's New York City elections. Running in the same district that mayoral hopeful Christine ...
|Getting Your Skills On @ Organizing New York
Organizing New York takes place March 22-24 at the United Federation of Teachers , 52 Broadway. Register here . A full schedule for Friday and Saturday is here . Join us at Organizing ...
|My Recent Arrest While Driving the Illuminator Van
One week ago (2/8/13) I was arrested in Brooklyn while driving a van outfitted with a projector . Long story short, it was pretty horrible; friends and fellow activists have encouraged me to set ...
|Obama Ignores Money in Politics/Political Corruption
Obama’s State of the Union address last night addressed many of the issues on our national agenda. Like many of you, I was disappointed that he didn't refer to his prior support for a ...
|Ben & Jerry to Judge Money Stamping Contest for 3rd Anniversary of Citizen's United
Stamping money is just the latest in a long list of things regular people can do as part of the fight against money in politics. To promote this innovative, subversive and fun tactic, Ben & Jerry ...
|Fighting Money In Politics @ The Ice Cream Parlor
[This post is an edited transcript of an interview with Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shop franchise owner Hunter Rose by me. Also appears on the StampStampede website .] I own three Ben & Jerry’s Scoop ...
|The 7 Sins of Occupy
This was written before the celebration of Occupy Wall Street's one year anniversary. I chose to delay it, thinking it might be, um, contentious. But now that #S17 is over, it's introspection time ...
|Democracy Activists Arrested - Protesting Corporate Cash in Politics
Two activists for getting money out of politics were arrested at 10:30 am at an event put on by nuclear energy lobbyists and the National Journal . Senator Ron Wyden (OR) was a speaker and Senator ...
|A Syrian Human Rights Blogger Speaks
I'm about to head home from Campus Party Brazil , a nifty event in Sao Paulo that can't be explained properly in this post. While there, I met Leila Nachawati, a blogger from Spain with Syrian roots ...
|Finding Your Place With Occupy Wall Street: A Guide for Digital Strategists & Online Organizers
The Occupy Wall Street movement, now in its second month, is a protest force of nature. Unions, progressive organizations, community organizers, even big ‘D’ Democrats are coming out in support. ...
|America, Your Billionaires Need Your Help – Now More Than Ever!
This guest post comes from Costas Panayotakis, a New York City labor activist with the Professional Staff Congress (PSC), the faculty union at the City University of New York. Costas ...
|The Organizers Join the Occupationistas
Want to understand the difference between ‘organizing’ and the Occupy Wall Street protesters? Go watch the new film Moneyball, based on the 2003 book of the same name. For the last seven or so ...
|The World Wide ILCA - Labor Communicators Conference Begins Today
The International Labor Communicators Association (ILCA) is having its biennial conference in Seattle this week, September 21-24. I’ll be attending for the ...
|My Problem With BDS (Boycott, Divestment & Sanctions)
Growing up in Israel, I joined a lot of organizations: Youth Against Racism, Hashomer Hatza'ir, Reut Sadaka , and maybe one or two groups even further to the ...
|Looking for a Few Good New Media Directors
Like many of you on the Bold Progressive 's campaign list, I saw an email recruiting new media directors for congressional campaigns. As a close follower of ...
|Netroots Nation Reportback: Labor in the House!
It was another great Netroots Nation conference in Minneapolis, and like many of you, I’m still digesting. As someone a little bit responsible for sending folks there (three folks won a free ...
|No One Is Organizing the Unemployed
Roughly 18 months ago I attended an interesting meeting in New York City at the offices of a major progressive funder. We had been brought together for a brainstorm on what it might look like to ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by clenchner
- "It's not your everyday Americans at Bernie Sanders' kickoff rally" reads the headline, which I won't bother to link to. What crap. I was there. I saw the people there. And in fact, they looked ...75 comments 70 Recs
- In response to an op-ed where Markos Moulitsas told the movement pushing to draft Elizabeth Warren to run for president to "pack it in" and go home, Ready for Warren campaign manager Erica Sagrans ...52 comments 14 Recs
- When the 1% were plotting to overthrow the Roman republic, the great democratic orator Cicero gave a series of speeches in the Roman Senate, exposing the conspiracy. These speeches came to be known ...20 comments 24 Recs
- No indictments so far for the murders of Mike Brown, John Crawford, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, Akai Gurley, or countless others killed in cold blood with no remorse in their own neighborhoods while ...24 comments 3 Recs
- A few months ago, our Ready for Warren crew burst onto the scene at Netroots Nation with a powerful video and a huge show of support for the idea that Warren should run for president in 2016. ...21 comments 14 Recs
- Progressive activists of all stripes are fighting to prevent the GOP from taking control of the Senate on behalf of their billionaire backers. But how can we best do this if we live in blue states?6 comments 21 Recs
- I'm really excited to announce that we're about to make Andrew Cuomo's life as difficult as possible. That's right, The Albany Project 2.0 is coming and this time we're bringing a whole new bag of ...58 comments 76 Recs
- Hello all! If you haven't already done so, there's still plenty of time to RSVP in for our meetup next Sunday with very special guest, Navajo! Spitzer's Corner is, once again, the place to be. ...16 comments 10 Recs
- Beyond the murder of Mike Brown by Darren Wilson, ...106 comments 393 Recs
- When I joined the Commission to Investigate Public Corruption ("the Moreland Commission") as special counsel during the summer of 2013, I knew Albany's history of corruption, and relished the ...25 comments 67 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.