Below you'll find recent contributions related to climate science watch's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Battle over Iran nuclear review bill by right and ultra right seems ended. Vote expected Thursday
These two guys are moving toward a vote ...
|Midday open thread: Top hedge fund managers earn paltry $11bn, Edison's talking dolls still creepy
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Texas takeover :
|Blessed By Christian Terrorism Advocate, Huckabee Joked About Indoctrinating Americans "At Gunpoint"
I'll make this brief, because newly announced presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is not regarded as having much of a shot at the 2016 GOP presidential nomination. For one thing, Huckabee carries a ...
|Klobuchar, Tester reintroduce bill to require states to allow voter registration on Election Day
Allowing citizens to register to vote on Election Day is a smart idea that boosts turnout and makes things easier for the most mobile Americans. It has been tested for problems for decades in the ...
|Open thread for night owls: Ask your doc if this birth control is right for you. Now ask your boss
In case you can't see the video here, try ...
|Study saying EPA rules will save 3,500 lives should be nailed to door of every naysayer in Congress
Curbing coal plant emissions would save lots of lives. Not that this matters to EPA haters. A new study published in the ...
|Midday open thread: Minimum wage boost hits bullseye, executions don't hit worst of the worst
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Responses to Baltimore :
|Iran nuclear review act: Is it lose-lose for Republicans?
Whoops. Even though the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act most likely will pass the Senate by a large majority, the superhawks, pushed by Sens. Tom Cotton (R-AR) and president-wannabe Marco Rubio (R-
|Abbreviated pundit round-up: Why Baltimore's past matters; Is ISIS really on the run?
Molly Redden at Mother Jones writes Want an Abortion This Year? Get Ready to Wait : For women seeking an abortion, 2015 is shaping up to be the year of the long wait. Since the beginning of the year,
|Open thread for night owls. Do progressives need to make better emotional ties when organizing?
Excerpted by Alternet from Michael Bader'...
|Sunday Train: Variable Renewables and Dispatchable Demand
Much of the focus on the Sunday Train is on electrification of transport, ranging from 2,000 mile hauls of electrified freight through to hopping on an e-bike to pick up some groceries. And spending ...
|This week at progressive state blogs: Lynch and the power of black women, SD polygamists seek water
This week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Super El Niño forms, oil & gas drilling damage, wind power soars
Three tropical cyclones churned the waters around Australia on March 11, 2015, including Pam, one of the strongest storms ever in the region.
|The Daily Bucket: Plant/Herptile Interactions
- Curious about something you saw while walking in the woods? Spot the coolest bug ever? The prettiest flower and butterfly? Stumble on a rock and found a fossil? Or was it? This is the place ...
|Overnight News Digest 05/01/2015
OND Editors OND is a community feature on Daily Kos, consisting of news stories from around the world, sometimes coupled with a daily theme, original research or commentary. Editors of OND ...
|Open thread for night owls: FAIR takes on economist pundit who disappeared economist critics of TPP
At Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting, Jim Naureckaswrites NYT Lets Economic Pundit Disappear TPP’s Economist Critics : The New York Times (4/24/15) handed its readers an exploding cigar this ...
|DOT issues oil-train rules. Industry objects. Other critics say rules too weak and deadline too slow
Oil train derailment Feb. 15 near Mount Carbon, West Virginia. The Obama ...
|Midday open thread: Tesla home battery unveiled, 1 in 6 species at risk, where's Aaron Schock?
On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...
|UPDATED: Asst Wayne Cty prosecutor re: Baltimore protesters: "Shoot em. Period. End of discussion."
Originally posted at Eclectablog.com . Shoot 'em? Teana Walsh, an assistant Wayne County, Michigan prosecutor posted this on her Facebook page after watching images of protesters and rioters in ...
|Open thread for night owls: A condensed look at what Bernie Sanders thinks on some issues
What Bernie Sanders thinks , as compiled by Andrew Prokip at Vox. I've included paragraphs on five subjects, with only subheads for the rest: Move to a single-payer health care system The ...
|Wind energy association's first-quarter report offers reasons for optimism
The American Wind Energy Association has released its report for the first quarter of 2015, and it's quite encouraging. Indeed, for those of ...
|Midday open thread: Who asked leniency for Petraeus? Initial claims for jobless comp at 15-year low
Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is Doonesbury's Charlie Hebdo problem :
|Chances of ending federal executions diminished with Eric Holder's departure
Eric Holder was conducting a review of the death penalty, but it ...
|Marco Rubio sought 'leniency' for Corinthian Colleges last year
For more than a decade, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. has been the target of lawsuits and state and federal investigations for its deceptive marketing, falsification of employment placement rates and ...
|Open thread for night owls: Martin Luther King Jr. quotes the traditional media won't cite
M.L. King arrested in 1958 in Montgomery, Alabama, for "loitering" outside a courtroom where there was a hearing for his friend Ralph Abernathy, founder of the Southern Christian Leadership ...
|Father of black Detroit youth shot by ICE agent: "They brought my son downstairs and executed him"
Originally posted at Eclectablog . On Monday of this week U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Officer Mitchell Quinn shot and killed 20-year old Detroiter Terrance Kellom. The killing took ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Cities engage on climate change, anger translator, extreme weather
Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs, Spotlight on Green News & Views (previously known as the ...
|Midday open thread: GDP growth 0.2%, Nevadans back 'net metering' that boosts rooftop solar
Today's comic by Matt Bors is Satire to die for :
|Senate kills amendment that would have made Iran agreement a treaty. Condoleezza Rice helps
Condoleeza Rice says the Iran deal is "classically an executive agreement and doesn't need to be a treaty... " The Senate voted 39-57 Tuesday night for an amendment that would have required the ...
|Michigan AG Schuette's hired gun paid $50K to tell SCOTUS gay marriage creates unwed mothers
Originally posted at Eclectablog.com . There is a great deal of speculation on how the Supreme Court will decide the case of Obergefell v. Hodges , the case that will likely decide once and for ...
Recommended by climate science watch
- Three of my clients, National Security Agency (NSA) whistleblowers William Binney, J. Kirk Wiebe, and Thomas Drake are featured in a front-page USA Today article discussing the latest disclosures ...187 comments 386 Recs
- As is the case with so many whistleblowers who disclose evidence of government misconduct, the government and commentators are quick to attack whistleblower Edward Snowden's character rather than ...434 comments 328 Recs
- The Guardian has another blockbuster scoop : The National Security Agency has obtained direct access to the systems of Google, Facebook, Apple and other US internet giants, according to a top ...293 comments 353 Recs
- Former head of the National Security Agency (NSA) and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) under G.W. Bush, General Michael Hayden, recently tried a do-it-yourself makeover to recast himself as an open-...9 comments 37 Recs
- The Pentagon pushed Congress to leave in place the broad Authorization for the Use of Military Force (AUMF), a 2001 law giving the Executive branch wide latitude to use military force against the ...91 comments 70 Recs
- Wake Up Call: U.S. Government Targets Journalists, Happened to Me in 2003, Risen in 2006, AP in 2013Yesterday, news broke that the Justice Department obtained two months of phone records for 20 phone lines of AP journalists' office, home and cell phones without their knowledge. AP condemned the "...469 comments 221 Recs
- The New York Times has a front-page story with the fear-mongering headline "Homemade Style of Terror," which describes in detail how Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, and several other ...30 comments 26 Recs
- Anyone who wrote a book critical of the G.W. Bush administration should donate a copy to George W. Bush Presidential Library & Museum 2943 SMU Blvd. Dallas, TX 75205. As Bush celebrates the ...46 comments 51 Recs
- The latest media reports on the possible motives of the Boston bombing suspects quote U.S. officials who say the Tsarnaev brothers were motivated in part by . . . anger over the U.S. wars in ...453 comments 91 Recs
- Since the city-wide manhunt and apprehension of Boston Marathon bombing suspect 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, government officials and the media have exhibited a troubling tendency to cast Tsarnaev'...273 comments 130 Recs
climate science watch's Tags
- No current results.
climate science watch's Blogroll
- No current results.