|Barriers and Bridges
Created to facilitate conversations about race and racism. We invite people to share their personal experiences and perspectives. We will also be providing links to interesting articles and teaching tools. We plan to republish relevant posts from other groups and writers at Daily Kos.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by coolelegans
- My grandfather served in Japan and Korea with the 440th Signal Battalion during the Korean conflict. As a civilian, he was an auto mechanic and a rural letter carrier. Here he is in uniform - so ...10 comments 24 Recs
- Browsing yahoo, I found the following tidbit about a new carbon material form. Elemental Carbon has many fascinating forms, starting with crystalline (Diamond) but also Buckyballs , nanotubes and ...17 comments 13 Recs
- Besides the fact that men are involved in it: the Bible is involved in it. Penny for your thoughts...183 comments 407 Recs
- There’s a healthy discussion of-late concerning the efficacy of the Obama presidency. I suspect that his supporters are already engaged in stealthy battles with his detractors over his legacy. ...571 comments 156 Recs
- GOP Desires Poor Children To Go Hungry. Compassionate Conservatism? My Foot!5 comments 5 Recs
- In the May 24th "Ask me anything about anything... If you dare!" diary, Kos noted: Before we get started, I have something to ask you guys -- please stop shitting on people doing activism on ...148 comments 88 Recs
- My stepson graduated college debt free. My husband and I had to borrow to put him through school, but our aim was that he be able to start his post-educational life with a clean slate. After ...89 comments 113 Recs
- In [this diary http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/25/1211525/-Some-thoughts-on-the-House-and-taking-it-back] I outlined a method for finding vulnerable Republican representatives. Now, it's ...69 comments 43 Recs
- Nice try, wingnuts, but America still likes the guy. The media and Republicans may be screeching about President Barack Obama's scandals, but the American people ...212 comments 174 Recs
- Here's another shift in health care to go along with shrinking rate of growth in health care spending over the last few years: For the first time, primary care doctors are driving more revenue on ...28 comments 50 Recs
- No current results.