Below you'll find recent contributions related to dadadata's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|'One Person, One Vote,' but which persons?
The Supreme Court announced today that it will hear a case initiated by conservatives in Texas determining what "person" means for one-person, one-vote redistricting jurisprudence : all people, or ...
|Russian Waitress educates customer on how to treat a woman.
Because he clearly didn't know. 2 guys are at a bar, the waitress is nearby...waiting. She approaches the man on the further barstool with what appears to be the check and he responds by trying to ...
|Media figures lament decline of British Empire
Quite a nice lady, in fact. Fareed Zakaria, who shouldn't be published anywhere considering ...
|What Conservatives (And Politico) Still Don’t Understand About Fox News
Earlier this month Bruce Bartlett published a paper titled "How Fox News Changed American Media and Political Dynamics." Bartlett is a veteran conservative operative who worked in both the George H.W.
| Aussie cops raid stoner's home, post his to-do list on twitter.
found on CNN Essentially, the police raided - actually raid is too strong: they executed a search warrant with no report of theatrics - this man's house and found this and posted it. It was ...
|#sekritarmy robo calls (pooties, woozles, and stuff)
You ever get the feeling you aren't being heard? Don't worry, we have an app for that.
|Ben Carson Crazy Quotes!
Last night I was telling some friends that the current Republican clown car of presidential pretenders is so ridiculous that it even makes John McCain--the guy who picked Sarah Palin--look ...
|Duggar Parents Placed Son in Christian Treatment Facility whose Leader was Caught Molesting Girls
This story keeps getting ickier. From radaronline.com : After Josh Duggar admitted to his parents Jim Bob and Michelle that he had fondled multiple minor females in his home, his parents say they ...
|OK. Don't have a stroke while black in the vicinity of a cop.
Cops tasers AND pepper-sprays black man who is having a stroke. Saying he did nothing wrong, a Virginia police officer resigned from the Fredricksburg Police Department after body-cam video showed ...
|Cartoon: Animal Nuz #252 - Raging Bully Edition||ericlewis0||05/23/2015||78|
|GFHC: German Genealogy #2
This diary continues where our Community’s suspended Friday “Open Thread” series leaves off…. What are you doing, genealogically speaking, this Memorial Day weekend? Some “tips” on ...
|When is a police dog a canary in a coal mine?
When marijuana starts getting relegalized. Pot Legalization Casualties: Oregon Drug Dogs Get the Pink Slip As Oregon prepares for the advent of legal marijuana beginning July 1, there are already ...
|Christiegate: Christie Goes on Expletive-Filled Rant in Front of Large Crowd
(illustration by DonkeyHotey) Ruh-roh - looks like Christie is cracking. From Talking Points Memo : New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) gave a speech on Wednesday full of ...
|Jeb Bush Says it's "Really Arrogant" to be Certain About Man-Made Global Warming
(photo credit: Rollins College) From Talking Points Memo : Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said Wednesday that it's "really arrogant" for people to say there's a scientific ...
|MD-Sen: Donna Edwards (D) Goes After The Medicare Cuts In The TPP||poopdogcomedy||05/20/2015||6|
|Hey Clinton Campaign, keep on ignoring Beltway Media
Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...
|UBS Pleads Guilty to Biggest Financial Scam in History - Citibank & J.P. Morgan Also Plead Guilty
(image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...
|Bush CIA Deputy Director Admits We Were Lied Into Iraq War
(photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...
|Totally DIY: 242 Main St., Burlington
It's not a famous venue, but unless you live somewhere like New York or San Francisco, it's like the best of the all-ages youth centers in your area. And it has successfully hosted "name acts" such ...
|Cheney Thought Al Qaeda Was Bluffing
(illustration courtesy of Mad Magazine) In case you didn't yet know Cheney was recklessly incompetent. From firstlook.org : When presented with an actual terror threat – the one that ...
|Grayson: 'Golddiggers gotta dig'
Hes got 99 problems but...
|Anybody want to guess what Texas' solution to biker gang wars will be?
NRA fantasy Texan. Yep. You got it. More Guns .
|Bill O'Reilly's Daughter Alleges He Dragged Wife by the Neck Down a Flight of Stairs
(image credit: theleetgeeks) From Talking Points Memo : Gawker writer J.K. Trotter published a report on Monday that alleged Fox News host Bill O'...
|Mad Men 7.14 - 'Person to Person'
It's the real thing! (Courtesy AMCtv) It doesn't matter if Don Draper literally is the person who'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony . It really doesn't. ...
|I'd rather be us than them
There's going to be about a dozen Republican presidential candidates next year, and this is a fortunate development for Democrats. Given the circumstances, normally this would be a favorable time ...
|Shell Oil Caught Planning for Deadly 4 to 6 Degree Rise in Global Temperature
(photo courtesy of Greenpeace) Whoopsies. From The Guardian : Royal Dutch Shell has been accused of pursuing a strategy that would lead to potentially catastrophic climate change after an ...
|Sunday Train: Benefits of the Maryland Red and Purple Lines
Just as national attention has been focused on the sections of Baltimore that have been largely locked out of the revival of economic activity in downtown Baltimore and the Inner Harbor, the new ...
|#sekritarmy roadtripping (pooties, woozles and stuff)
We guess this solves the question. Things have been a little slow.
|Cartoon: Animal Nuz #251 - Jerb Bush Edition||ericlewis0||05/16/2015||140|
|Suck It, Neocons - POTUS Gets Saudi Thumbs Up on Iran Nuke Deal
(photo credit: Doug Mills, NYT) From The Guardian : Barack Obama has secured support from Gulf leaders for his attempt to reach a nuclear deal with Iran as a summit outside Washington ...
|GFHC: German Genealogy #1
Last week we announced that the “Open Thread” series of Fridays would be suspended. But everyone is still welcome to submit diaries to the Community!! I will be posting on Fridays, when I post ...
|B.B. King 1925 - 2015
(photo credit: Annie Leibovitz) From AP , via The Washington Post : VEGAS — ‘King of the Blues’ legend B.B. King dead in Las Vegas at age 89, his attorney says. http://www....
|The Last Hanging in Tombstone
While going through some old family papers I came upon this document. Charging document for Thomas and William Halderman, signed by Wm. Momonier April 7, 1899. It is a court document charging two ...
|It actually is sort of a stupid question.
Boehner refuses to talk about GOP Amtrak cuts When a reporter asked Boehner to clarify whether Amtrak’s apparent infrastructure troubles are related to spending cuts, Boehner interrupts her and ...
|Nestle Boss Wants To Bottle MORE Water Despite California Drought
Warning! Capitalist pig alert. The boss of Nestlé Waters has said the company wants to increase the amount of water it bottles in California despite a devastating drought across the state that ...
|Stop, keep your eyes on Alan Grayson, step back slowly
Rep. Alan ...
|Book By Fox News 'Liberal' Uses Free Speech To Claim Liberals Are Killing Free Speech
The network that markets itself as "fair and balanced" has spent years proving their commitment to that slogan by balancing their right-wing infused "news" delivered by GOP mouthpieces with right-...
|College Student to Jeb Bush: "Your Brother Created ISIS"
(illustration by DonkeyHotey) From The New York Times : Mr. Bush, the former governor of Florida, had just concluded a town-hall-style meeting when Ms. (Ivy) Ziedrich demanded to be heard. “
Recommended by dadadata
- Many unjust verdicts across the years have exposed just how protected police misconduct is under the law. Four LAPD Police Officers were ...42 comments 88 Recs
- Earlier this month Bruce Bartlett published a paper titled "How Fox News Changed American Media and Political Dynamics." Bartlett is a veteran conservative operative who worked in both the George H.W.121 comments 280 Recs
- It my seem strange to anyone who has followed the debate over the causes of the 2008 housing bubble collapse and the resulting financial crisis that triggered the "Great Recession," but it took ...163 comments 263 Recs
- A friend of mine recently began volunteering at a shelter in Texas. Recently, she encountered a puppy whose front legs don't seem to work right, and she captured the following moment on video.34 comments 32 Recs
- What does a giant energy generation and distribution corporation like Exelon see in a relatively tiny distribution utility like Pepco? Why is Exelon willing to pay $2.5 billion more than Pepco's ...4 comments 7 Recs
- At an iconoclastic level of understanding, burning an politically invalid piece of cloth seems slightly pyromaniac, and even reactionary or provocative, and as art perhaps slightly more creative, ...29 comments 26 Recs
- Many, many police officers and their supporters are going ape shit very upset at a group of student artists at Westfield High School in New Jersey for daring ...100 comments 221 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- me and some compatriots--more about the turtles later Wow! My first swim in the Kos pond. How I found the Daily Kos or how it found me, I don't remember. But what I do remember is finding an ...17 comments 24 Recs
- I'm shocked! Shocked! Joe Arpaio is attempting to "manipulate the judicial system" Oh, gawd. This is breaking this morning in Phoenix: lawyers for Maricopa County Sheriff Joe ...85 comments 159 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.