Posting History for danielua
|Rick Santorum: Seriously dude, Google exists.
Seriously, Rick Santorum just makes this too easy. In the debate just now, Santorum made the bizarre claim that we shouldn't use the term "middle ...
|Rick Santorum and I Agree!
Rick Santorum and I don't agree on much. But, he agrees with me on one thing: His movement in the polls gives us the potential for great headlines:
|Press Release Journalism: Tobacco and Pharma Group Publish Report, Local Media Jump
Originally published at Young Philly Politics. Ah,
|Philadelphia Moves Towards Sanity in the War on Drugs
Last year, Philly elected Seth Williams as our new District Attorney. He campaigned on big change, on making a clean break with the failed policies of ...
|Obama: A Spending Freeze? Are you kidding?
Are you kidding? President Obama plans to announce a three-year freeze on discretionary, “non-security” ...
|Arlen Specter's Responsibility for the Pennsylvania Budget Crisis (and Crises Nation-wide)
Like many states, Pennsylvania has been locked in a long budget battle, after the tanked economy opened up huge, huge holes in budgets. In Pennsylvania, GOP State Senators have used the huge budget ...
|PA-Sen: Good Bye, Arlen Specter
Holy moly :
People burning to death in fires that normally would be prevented. Crime increasing because cops are laid off. People literally stacked on top of each other in prisons, despite court orders ...
|The Disenfranchisement of Young Philly Voters
My little brother Louie is 21-years old, registered to vote in Philly, and away at college in the Midwest. He has voted before, and like all good U-A’s is excited to vote in Tuesday’s ...
|PA GOP: A vote for Barack is a vote for Extermination
This is seriously unbelievable: A new e-mail making the rounds among ...
|NAACP and Co. File for Emergency Paper Ballots in Pennsylvania
Yesterday, the Public Interest Law Center (PILCOP), the NAACP, Voter Action and ...
|The Philadelphia Story: A Crisis For the Last 15 Years
I am happy to see the consensus of no blank check emerging, because as someone who has watched the destruction that Wall Street has wrought for 12-15 years, the idea that we are writing a check to ...
|Bringing Policy Mapping to the Masses
A few weeks ago, a Philly-based nonprofit (and my sometimes employer), The Reinvestment Fund launched one of the cooler internet tools in recent memory:
|Obama Fans: Recognize Your Privilege
Yesterday, on the recommended list was a diary talking about Obama's refusal to pay out street money to the Philly machine for GOTV ...
|Obama: I'm In
I supported John Edwards earlier in this campaign. When he dropped out, I became a probable Obama supporter. I liked him enough, I was excited about the... excitement, and I think Hillary Clinton, ...
|Obama. Harry and Louise. End it.
I supported John Edwards for President. Like many Edwards people, I now am planing on voting for Barack Obama in the potentially important state of Pennsylvania. I think he will be a good president,
|Corporate Newspaper Endorsements, and the Dangers of Populism
Last year, my consumer advocate father - Irv Ackelsberg- ran for Philadelphia City Council. His two sentence background is that he is a nationally known consumer advocate, who ten years ago was ...
|Dodd Comes Out Swinging Against Predators
A couple weeks ago I wrote about Barney Frank, and his shafting of homeowners on behalf of Wall Street. (Only at DKos ...
|The Frank Predatory Protection Act: Look Behind the Curtain
Kagro X wrote today about the Barney Frank Predatory Lending Bill. Great news. In his post, he mainly focused on Yield Spread ...
|Barney Frank: Shafting Homeowners on Behalf of Wall St
|Charity is not a Substitute for Real Public Policy
A while back, I randomly was watching ABC News , and came across an amazing hour-long story about the lives of a group of poor kids in Camden. ...
|The Pennsylvania Chaos Continues [Updated]
Ay yi yi. Pass the damn asprin, because the chaos in Pennsylvania continues. As many know, Dems in PA acheived a one vote victory in the State House. But, just as we thought we had it all wrapped ...
|Unreal: PA House to stay with the GOP. UPDATE: Or Maybe Not?
Who the hell is Thomas Caltagirone? He is the jackass who is on the verge of handing the Pennsylvania House to... the GOP, and John Fucking Perzel.
|On an Effective Minimum Wage Increase||danielua||11/10/2006||7||11||-||140|
|PA-07: Uh-oh! Here Come the Feds Again||danielua||10/16/2006||5||8||-||1|
|Constitutionally Protecting the Right to Screw the Poor||danielua||05/23/2006||10||8||-||-|
|Yo Philly! Progressive Election Weekend Kickoff. Tonight!||danielua||05/12/2006||4||2||-||-|
|Paging Bob Johnson and Co: mockSantorum launches!||danielua||04/23/2006||5||9||-||-|
|PA- 08: Pat Murphy is the the genuine article||danielua||04/12/2006||4||2||-||-|
|Newest SCOTUS Decision: Hope in Justice Kennedy?||danielua||03/22/2006||26||14||-||-|
|Just another reason Ed Rendell is better than Lynn Swann||danielua||02/22/2006||6||4||-||-|
|Seinfeld's Campaign for PA Gov. Gets Bad News||danielua||02/15/2006||26||5||1||-|
|PA hearts Casey, dislikes Bush, and has not heard of Pennacchio||danielua||02/13/2006||52||3||-||-|
|Hey Lynn Swann: No Soup for You!||danielua||02/10/2006||27||3||-||1|
|Welcoming Jerry Falwell and Rick Santorum with a Philadelphia Salute||danielua||01/06/2006||11||6||-||-|
|Take 60 seconds to Keep College Affordable||danielua||12/20/2005||-||1||1||-|
|Paul Wellstone: 1944-2002||danielua||10/25/2005||117||227||7||26|
|BlogAds on Right and Left Websites||danielua||10/09/2005||10||8||-||-|
|Some Questions for Chuck Pennacchio and His Supporters||danielua||06/08/2005||24||3||-||1|
|Action Alert: Help Philly Bloggers WIN||danielua||05/16/2005||16||7||-||7|
|Philly Bloggers Go Off-line: Party/Happy Hour/Fundraiser Tonight!||danielua||05/13/2005||8||-||-||-|
|Blog Regionalization: MSM is Paying Attention in Philly||danielua||05/11/2005||8||4||-||1|
|Philly Bloggers Unite Day 3: Vote Pledges||danielua||05/05/2005||2||6||-||-|
|Uniting Philly Bloggers get Attention of Mainstream Media||danielua||05/02/2005||5||6||-||8|
|Philly Bloggers Unite for Seth Williams, and Why You Should Care||danielua||04/28/2005||4||6||-||1|
|Has Rick Santorum jumped the shark?||danielua||04/22/2005||13||3||-||-|
|Philly Bloggers Unite for a Reform Democrat: Check it Out||danielua||04/21/2005||10||8||-||11|
|Immediate Chance to Make a Difference: An Election Just Five Weeks Away||danielua||04/11/2005||4||8||-||36|
|Philly: Drinking, Commiseration; tonight?||danielua||03/09/2005||17||-||-||-|
|A Day On, Not a Day Off||danielua||01/12/2005||4||8||-||8|
|Get off your butt: Rendell, City Councils, and momentum||danielua||01/08/2005||31||7||-||-|
|Dear Senator Kerry: An idea||danielua||12/23/2004||6||5||-||-|
|Dangerous trends in College enrollment||danielua||12/20/2004||12||11||-||-|
|Reinventing the wheel in Philadelphia: Young Philly Politics||danielua||11/30/2004||6||-||-||-|
|Do you want to win?||danielua||11/03/2004||4||2||-||-|
|A view from a very important city||danielua||11/02/2004||10||1||-||-|
|Final nails in Bush's Pennsylvania coffin||danielua||10/19/2004||13||7||-||-|
|WaPo has Kerry gaining fast||danielua||10/06/2004||12||1||-||-|
|Tonight and tomorrow could be good news||danielua||09/18/2004||15||5||-||-|
|YELL at the top of your lungs||danielua||09/01/2004||6||-||-||-|
|The star of the RNC convention- An Attack Ad||danielua||08/18/2004||10||5||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by danielua
- In the weeks since its flawed series on America’s disability benefit programs aired, NPR has been silent in the face of a huge flood of criticism and complaint, dismay and outrage, from diverse ...79 comments 115 Recs
- How did NPR end up repackaging extreme right-wing talking points into a week-long series claiming to tell the “hidden” truth about disability’s explosive growth in our recession economy? ...40 comments 99 Recs
- On March 11th, The Huffington Post gave serial liar and race-baiter Andrew Breitbart ...240 comments 285 Recs
- If progressives are going to maintain their dominance online, we have to be present everywhere, especially in powerful new social media spaces like Twitter. We’ve seen what early investment in ...25 comments 42 Recs
- Barack Obama ran the best-organized and best-framed presidential campaign in history. How is it possible that the same people who did so well in the campaign have done so badly on health care? And ...320 comments 718 Recs
- It’s Wednesday morning, and I have packed my bags for a long flight to Pittsburgh to attend Netroots Nation . It will be my third year going as a ...4 comments 7 Recs
- As I'm sure many of you saw on Monday Americans United For Change released a new ad going after the health insurance industry. You can watch entire ad below:170 comments 353 Recs
- Local governments have an immense impact on our daily life and the quality of life we enjoy. Through zoning they determine what can be built where and by extension how long it takes most people to ...10 comments 17 Recs
- Republicans and right wing commentators who oppose health care reform hope to turn our effort at lowering costs and expanding access into a debate about whether or not to tax small businesses. In ...29 comments 66 Recs
- Today, Democracy for America, Health Care for America Now, and numerous blogs are fully launching the Stand With Dr. Dean crowdsourcing campaign ...266 comments 441 Recs