President Obama says he will use signing statements sparingly, to indicate if he thinks a portion of a bill is unconstitutional. Being a constitutional scholar, I'm sure he will have a great insight to that kind of question, but that is irrelevant.
the GOP is making a stink for a 2% difference in the stimulus package. That is how important they are, 2% !
the GOP is the party of nothing. party of little or no significance. party of 2%.
but it was only released today, why was FOX talking about it a week ago?
some of my friends keep forwarding me these stupid wingnut emails, and they think they are funny. When i snap back at them and tell them these emails are garbage, they patronise me with fluff psychoanalysis and tell me to take a chill pill. Here is one such email and the exchanges I had with my friend. Let me know what you think. I think we need to stand up to these stupid non-funny "joke" emails going around. The memes must be killed.
why bother to bail out GM and other failing auto makers, so they can continue to build the same crappy cars that nobody wants (hence their impending failure)? We don't need more and more cars on the road, which add to traffic jams, pollution, and reliance on oil. what we need are high speed trains crisscrossing the US! If the French have it, why can't we???
I say bail out GM only if they will start making these rather than their crappy cars:
A friend of mine on facebook wrote a status message of "I'm debating my political choices". She is a Physician. So I said to her
what's there to debate? on one hand you have an old fart who insults women and has put a dumb bimbo a 72-year-old-4-time-melanoma heart beat away from the Presidency, and on the other hand you have a young vibrant intelligent person who has the potential to unite the world and inspire a new generation. Quite an easy choice I think :)
Unless you are wondering which Judges to vote yes/no for. I never know what to do on those either...
Another friend of hers, who is also a Physician, said to her...
Recommended by darwinsfeet
- ... and future generations will not feel fine. Stanford biologists Paul and Anne Ehrlich have just published a provocative analysis of the future of human society in the Proceedings of the Royal ...186 comments 249 Recs
- The Gun Lobby's interpretation of the Second Amendment is one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word fraud, on the American People by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my ...299 comments 578 Recs
- The NRA has 4.3 million members, according to Wikipedia . They spend $1 million per year on campaign contributions, another $2 million+ a year in lobbying, and a whopping $17 million via money ...3 comments 8 Recs
- From [http://progressivepopulist.blogspot.com/2012/11/editorial-battle-is-just-starting.html The Progressive Populist] President Obama and the Democrats, with the invaluable help of organized labor,3 comments 2 Recs
- I think the fundamental problem in American politics is the corruption of our political system. It's a corruption that makes it impossible for the Left to get what ...23 comments 45 Recs
- Today, I sent the first mass e-mail of my life. The issue is corporate money in our political system. I won't waste space laying out all the reasons why our political system is sick to the point I ...13 comments 10 Recs
- Here's what came in my email. Anti-HCR propaganda -- unlike the Screaming Mimis of the teabagger ilk. A 20 point attack on the HCR system as amended in reco. I'll leave rebuttals to the comments.86 comments 8 Recs
- To all those sports fans out there who think climate science is hooey, or that the earth isn’t really warming the way science says it is, I suggest you consider the last Olympic Games as ...3 comments 2 Recs
- Sweet hour of prayer. Great googly moogly. My ears are ringing, my pupils are dilated, and I may never walk again. That's either the result of great sex, ...309 comments 996 Recs
- From where we stand right now, for reasons no one would begrudge, the enactment of health care reform is the most significant story of the week (except, apparently, [http://www.dailykos.com/story/...30 comments 21 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.