Posting History for deebee
|Flying 99% Airline
"How did this happen?" said Senator Chuck Schumer. It was funny to me to see the reaction to the guy from Florida who flew his little air buggy to the Capitol building to protest the way our ...
|Another gag order in Florida
Florida Governor Rick Scott has been accused of a quiet gag order against state employees from mentioning the dreaded words: climate change. Now it appears that he has advised his candidate for ...
|Scofflaw and order
Just read a story that burns me. I'm a State of Florida employee and each year we have to go through mandatory ethics training. We lower employees have to be reminded that we're not allowed to take ...
|Love in a time of lack
I have mixed feelings about this. McDonald's is offering a romantic dining experience at its locations in Tampa, complete with candles, flowers and waiters. ...
|Reality creeping in?
Interesting story on the CBS Morning Show today. Link They were reporting that holiday hiring was going to down 11% this year. The major reason stated was that the economy was bifurcated. The upper ...
Wouldn't want to be in them, though they are undoubtedly expensive ones. But with the way things are not going in his campaign, everything is pointing to the debate next week. Talk about pressure! ...
|Back to School
From the County School Superintendent: Parents, It’s time to think about getting your children back to school. I hope that they had a good time this summer, and that they are ready to take on a ...
|Politics ain't softball
Occasionally I go over to the other side. Y'know, check out the conservative blogs to see their take on what's going on. Saw a post on Redstate that gave me that Schadenfreude feeling. In it, ...
|Pride rules in Florida
Despite a ban on equality in our state constitution, 80,000 people came to St. Petersburg yesterday to celebrate gay pride. There were no problems. Only happy people out to celebrate who they were - ...
|No more Mr. Nice Guy
I'm tired of seeing Democrats trying to be the "adults" on the scene while the Republicans demonize teachers, public employees, climate change scientists, liberals, feminists or anyone who is ...
|Support Anthony Weiner
I just wrote to Rep. Weiner's congressional office urging him to stay on. This is a man who is guilty of being human. He is also guilty of being a ferocious advocate of the progressive side. For all ...
|I registered as a Republican
For most of my life (I'm 58), I was a registered Democrat. Then I tired of the political bickering and frankly seeing Democrats engaging in corrupt and inept behavior themselves, so I switched to ...
Strange goings on in the election offices around the country. All of these voter registration drives that are going on may come to naught in the end. In looking at a story printed in the New York ...
|I voted for Ronald Reagan
I confess it. I voted for Ronald Reagan. Once. He was the only Republican Presidential candidate that I have ever voted for. The year was 1980. This was a very bad year. I had just bought a house ...
|Oh those low Bush poll numbers
Those low poll numbers on Bush are coming home to roost. Saw Pelosi on the news tonight stating that she's only going to give Bush $50 Billion dollars for Iraq. (Only!) Not the $200 Billion that he ...
|An economics lesson
Saw this in my local St. Petersburg Times quoting the New York Times. Does that make it a copy of a copy? Anyway the message isn't faded or blurred but pretty stark. It details what the money that ...
|Big oil to the rescue||deebee||09/03/2006||4||-||1||1|
|Make your vote count!||deebee||09/02/2006||1||1||-||1|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by deebee
- Pride I had the pleasure of watching a great move last night. The film is called "PRIDE". It was recommended to me by some friends while I was at a pub in London this past weekend. Very few ...29 comments 40 Recs
- Robust enrollments and shockingly good healthcare cost estimates are nothing to celebrate, says Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY). So he wants the White House ...93 comments 231 Recs
- Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell Back in ...43 comments 31 Recs
- You may have read that the GOP's scapegoat du jour is the disabled. Though the Social Security Administration's own studies show the disability fraud rate is under 1%, Rand Paul is going around ...102 comments 82 Recs
- When teenagers are flashing "white power" signs at sporting events, rest assured that racism is alive, well, and here to stay. In a week ...640 comments 272 Recs
- I'm reposting my diary from yesterday ...with several updates from today: Two days ago, after seeing that the White House (and President Obama specifically) had come out with an official (if ...160 comments 266 Recs
- Republicans have posted what they're calling an "enhanced webcast" of the State of the Union "holding President Obama accountable in real-time." But one of the enhancements , from a Republican ...61 comments 80 Recs
- In 2011, Rick Snyder and Michigan's Republican House and Senate eliminated the Michigan Business Tax and replaced it with a 6% flat tax, costing the state $1.7 billion per year in revenue. To ...40 comments 50 Recs
- Keep a close eye on what savings you have left. The financial honchos have plans for your money. Ellen Brown, who writes at The Web of Debt is the only blogger that I am aware of who writes about ...374 comments 299 Recs
- This month I achieved my lowest body mass in 24 years: 120 pounds down from my peak. It took 3½ years to reach this milestone. It's permanent because I know how to keep it that way and thrive. My ...104 comments 213 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.