Below you'll find recent contributions related to deebee's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Anti-Capitalist Meetup: Bringing In The May: The Heroes of Haymarket
One hundred and twenty-nine years ago today, history was made at the Haymarket Square in Chicago, Illinois. This piece of history was so critically important to the lives of working men and ...
|Michigan/Motor City Kossacks Weekly Open Thread: DIA for Rivera/Kahlo; Aura Rosser Demo; Activate313
A bit of a catch-all diary tonight. First, the DIA excursion for the Rivera/Kahlo exhibit; second, a demonstration about Aura Rosser and fundraiser for her family; third, an online calendar for ...
|Anti-Capitalist Meetup: Salt of the Earth, The Hollywood Ten, and Cultural Work
Esperanza Quintero: Whose neck shall I stand on to make me feel superior, and what will I have out of it? I don't want anything lower than I am. I am low enough already. I want to rise and to push ...
|Please Help a Kossack Increase His Online Access: Fundraiser for a Laptop for Chitown Kev
Many of you know Chitown Kev , a Kossack who is (among other distinctions) an administrator of Black Kos and Milk Men and Women. He is an astute observer, an effective analyst, and a fine writer ...
|Michigan/Motor City Kossacks Weekly Open Thread: Detroit, the Good and the Ugly; DIA Meet-up
Hey hey! For once, I actually have *photos* to post from a demo I attended! I hope you're as impressed as I am. ;) Simple and to the point ...
|The Cancer Closet
I do enjoy Susan Gubar's essays on living with advanced, metastatic cancer--not because she's ill, of course, but because she's so fierce about living as well as she can regardless. Her latest is ...
Recommended by deebee
- Pride I had the pleasure of watching a great move last night. The film is called "PRIDE". It was recommended to me by some friends while I was at a pub in London this past weekend. Very few ...29 comments 40 Recs
- Robust enrollments and shockingly good healthcare cost estimates are nothing to celebrate, says Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY). So he wants the White House ...93 comments 231 Recs
- Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell Back in ...43 comments 31 Recs
- You may have read that the GOP's scapegoat du jour is the disabled. Though the Social Security Administration's own studies show the disability fraud rate is under 1%, Rand Paul is going around ...102 comments 82 Recs
- When teenagers are flashing "white power" signs at sporting events, rest assured that racism is alive, well, and here to stay. In a week ...640 comments 272 Recs
- I'm reposting my diary from yesterday ...with several updates from today: Two days ago, after seeing that the White House (and President Obama specifically) had come out with an official (if ...160 comments 266 Recs
- Republicans have posted what they're calling an "enhanced webcast" of the State of the Union "holding President Obama accountable in real-time." But one of the enhancements , from a Republican ...61 comments 80 Recs
- In 2011, Rick Snyder and Michigan's Republican House and Senate eliminated the Michigan Business Tax and replaced it with a 6% flat tax, costing the state $1.7 billion per year in revenue. To ...40 comments 50 Recs
- Keep a close eye on what savings you have left. The financial honchos have plans for your money. Ellen Brown, who writes at The Web of Debt is the only blogger that I am aware of who writes about ...374 comments 299 Recs
- This month I achieved my lowest body mass in 24 years: 120 pounds down from my peak. It took 3½ years to reach this milestone. It's permanent because I know how to keep it that way and thrive. My ...104 comments 213 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.