Below you'll find recent contributions related to democrattotheend's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|George W. Bush Did Something Much Worse Than Lie Us Into War
|Former owner of Waco Twin Peaks may have a lot of explaining to do
Next to the biker thugs, the personality in Sunday's Waco shootout who's potentially in the most trouble is the now-former owner of the restaurant where it took place. For those who missed it, ...
|Christian Dem in NC||05/20/2015||87|
|GOP Admits Opposition To Trade Pact Authority is Running 25-1 Against It
Surely the Business Roundtable can do better than this. Or maybe not: Top House Republicans believe the business community is blowing its chance to clinch a trade deal. Unlike unions, they say, ...
|FINAL REMINDER: NYC Meetup This Saturday 5/16 - Welcome PEREGRINE KATE!
Hello all! This is your FINAL REMINDER DIARY about our upcoming NYC MEETUP with very special guest PEREGRINE KATE. Time to take a break from spring planting, lawn mowing and mulch spreading, ...
|A MUST-READ from Mark Bittman
titled No Justice, No ... Anything . As expect, he starts by writing about food, about talking about food. But as he makes clear, even as he returns to food again and again, the real issues are ...
|Do Racists Seriously Not Know They’re Racist? (Update)
My apologies in advance for the “old news,” but yes, it’s still bothering me – and I have a question. I haven’t diaried in years, but I saw a clip a couple mornings ago which bothered me ...
|Pope: God Will Judge Climate Denialists
Pope Francis has warned “the powerful of the Earth” they will answer to God if they fail to protect the environment to ensure the world can feed its population. He's not kidding, either : "...
|WI-06: Grothman and Walker wanted to let doctors lie to women to keep them from having abortions
Based on the numerous chronicles from our Wisconsinite friends, it's no secret that Scott Walker is a sleaze. But even I wasn't prepared to find out that while still serving in the state assembly, ...
|Christian Dem in NC||05/11/2015||10|
|AP: Rick Scott Is Letting Florida Drown
Republican Governor Rick Scott of Florida We all know that elections have consequences. Sometimes those consequences are temporary, ...
|The President Issues A New Statement On The Controversial Trade Deal!
The President has issued a statement on the Trade Deal currently pending "fast track" authority in Congress. Last fall, I pledged that I would not submit NAFTA ...
|2 or more generations of politicians in a family
is certainly a tradition we can well trace back to the Adams family, with the 2nd and 6th Presidents, to the Harrisons, with two presidents separated by a generation, and of course to the Bushes ...
|Why does Rick Joyner have any credibility?
If you want to know how hidebound the fundies are, consider that Rick Joyner, one of the more prominent leaders of the religious right, can have enough credibility to claim that marriage equality ...
|Christian Dem in NC||05/09/2015||2|
Recommended by democrattotheend
- This diary is not another attempt to discuss the ways in which the Republic party uses emotionally charged social issues to co-opt the low-income religious voting block. That topic is too broad for ...119 comments 173 Recs
- With the fiscal cliff averted, Congressional Republicans are turning to their next�and more important�hostage. Without draconian spending cuts, they promise, the GOP will block any increase in ...9 comments 12 Recs
- Enroute to some hostage taking. Amidst another tiresome ...331 comments 144 Recs
- In her first show back from vacation, Rachel had an exceptional show last night. Among the topics discussed were whether we as Democrats will keep up the pressure on Republicans in the states with ...36 comments 17 Recs
- One of the least convincing arguments about the tax deal is that it is the opening move in the President’s long game. Given that the Republicans control the House and are likely to do so for the ...21 comments 8 Recs
- I do not look forward to Peter King becoming Speaker of the House, but I do really look forward to John Boehner not being Speaker of the House and neither Eric Cantor nor Paul Ryan replacing him. We'56 comments 16 Recs
- Sadly, Boehner may already be more liberal than most of the dung beetles in congress, but that is beside the point. There might be an opportunity for a congressional coup and I say that us, ...20 comments 8 Recs
- Now with all the political grandstanding and delay that went along with this Fiscal Cliff jump. Repubs have once again unwittingly lost the words of words. As they tried to tag Pres Obama with the ...9 comments 1 Recs
- Illinois Sen. Mark ...189 comments 465 Recs
- If nothing else, the right-wing temper tantrum over Tuesday's "fiscal cliff" agreement is rich with irony. After all, the "crisis" was never really about deficit reduction (...4 comments 15 Recs
- No current results.