Posting History for dkistner
|A Georgia girl's take on 10.2.10 march (with poll AND PICS)
Just got in a few hours ago, and I'm exhausted from all the walking and the long bus rides up and down. I've commented at a few diaries about my experience, so I'm going to start with a repeat of my ...
|How will we recognize each other at the 10.2.10 march?
Thanks to my wonderful sponsor at progressivesponsor.com, which DiegoUK put together, I'm going to be coming up to D.C. from Georgia on the Cobb County NAACP bus, arriving the morning of 10.2. I ...
|Voter registration fraud in GA? Frustrated!
Okay, I'm starting to suspect there is some real voter registration fraud going on in Georgia. I am getting very frustrated, because I have a strong suspicion my vote is not being counted. I have ...
|Still looking for a job? Are you qualified to teach AP science courses?
I just got an email from my brother David, who has been living and working in China now for years. He loves it over there. I don't know if it's kosher to post this kind of thing here or not, but if ...
This will be a short diary. I just woke up to read dengre's excellent diary (as well ...
|To Chambliss/Isakson (change.org petition)
I wanted to shared with you the comments I added to the Change.org letter to my senators ...
|"What's in the bill" debunked on David Scott's web site!
This is the email I just sent out to everyone in my address book, especially those I know who know a lot of wingnuts: I was at that Saturday morning town hall with my representative, David Scott, ...
|Hey, if you don't have anything better to do...
You wanna get away from the tiring ruminations, laugh some, and have a little fun? A friend just sent me one of those "be afraid, be very afraid" emails about the swine flu, and I expect it's going ...
|Help me. Have you lost a dear pet/companion?
My dear Juliet, a 13-year-old longcoat chihuahua who was diagnosed with Cushing's disease in 2001, died in my arms last night. She'd started going down, and I learned a few weeks ago that her Cushing'
|What are you going to buy and why? What are your criteria?
I was replying to Anglico's short but excellent diary, Upper Crust or Dead Meat , and his tip jar, in which he asked us ...
|I am SHOCKED! Pleasantly SURPRISED! There MAY be a future after all!
In the interest of self-disclosure, know that this could be construed by some to be a shameless plug for a new venture launched by my artist-student-son and his collaborators, ...
|EVERYONE, please start growing food!
I just read something very disturbing. Here I've been thinking about myself and my family as I try to garden, but this alarming ...
|Veterans, can you help us help homeless veterans? UPDATE
UPDATE: I moved the original intro to below the fold. Here I want to update what happened a few days after I called Rep. Allen Boyd's office. I got a call back from Michael, who told me he was going ...
|Strategies for paying an upside-down auto loan (with poll)
After reading TylerFromNE 's diary yesterday, I'm rethinking my strategy for dealing with debt. Other than the fact that (when ...
|THE BLUE SWEATER (a great book)
Here's my review that I just posted on Amazon of Jacqueline Novogratz' book, "The Blue Sweater: Bridging the Gap Between Rich and Poor in an Interconnected World." I can't stop thinking about this ...
|EFT and cults? [Rant-On]
I was gratified recently to find that my diary about telling veterans about EFT made the front page. There was some good discussion going on it, but then somebody posted a comment about how they had ...
|Please tell all the veterans you know about EFT (Updated)
I posted this as a comment in answer to idahospud44's excellent, very disturbing diary (and comments), Bobby Sent Me a Human Ear in the Mail: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/11/15/14522/489?...
|Sign Petition for International Election Observers
I just received an email from TrueVote.us asking me to sign a petition to allow international election observers in to observe our election and ensure fairness. Here's the link if you'd like to go ...
|OMDG! Saxby Chambliss is robo-calling FLORIDA! ***UPDATE***
I kid you not. I'm in Tallahassee, and I just got a robo-call from Saxby Chambliss, virtual hat in hand, "humbly" asking for my vote. (I admit that it felt good to yell at the recording, "When have ...
|Just got a GREAT Robocall in Florida! How about you?
It was Jill Biden, with a very professional, to-the-point message urging me (if I hadn't already voted) to vote early and vote "all Democrats." (Good coattails work there, Dr. Biden.) But the best ...
|A gift to Kossacks from my Republican sister
My sister (in Georgia) and I (in Florida) have had major political disagreements over the decades, but this year she early-voted for Obama. Not only that, she'll wake up at 3 a.m. worried about what ...
|Are others here having scary nightmares, too?
I have nightmares extremely rarely. Like maybe one every ten years. But last night I had a TERRIBLE nightmare about this empty shell of a person who looked like a combination of Sarah Palin and ...
Amazon’s Kindle has something called NowNow, where you can send them a question about anything via your Kindle and you’ll get up to three answers “from real people.” This was ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by dkistner
- If anyone was wondering why RPO has been silent for the past two months, it’s due to my toxic reaction to statin drugs for elevated ...94 comments 32 Recs
- Cross Posted at Legal Schnauzer The press often portrays the South as a place where white voters ...23 comments 17 Recs
- Keith begins... My friend Michael Moore told CNN, quote, “We’ve lost something of our soul here in this country. Maybe I’m just an old-school American who believes in our judicial ...127 comments 41 Recs
- I am often critical of this President and his administration, most notably on educational policy. But I also believe in giving credit where it is deserved. My immediate reaction a week ago is that ...143 comments 268 Recs
- CHRONIC TONIC posts on Thursdays at 9 p.m. EST, it is a place to share stories, advice, and information and to connect with others with chronic health conditions and those who care for ...75 comments 21 Recs
- Keith assesses the impact of the death of Osama bin Laden in a special comment.9 comments 28 Recs
- Keith keeps asking himself.... Why did Obama release his birth certificate when he released it?" The answer is hilarious.9 comments 17 Recs
- You could see this one coming a mile off. Here's Dick Cheney on Fox News: "I would assume the enhanced interrogation program we put in place produced some of the results that led to bin Laden's ...84 comments 52 Recs
- I have another diary on the Rec List right now on the apprehension of Osama bin Laden, but something just occurred to me in reading over the comments that does not quite fit there, so I'm making it ...504 comments 584 Recs
- UPDATED: EFM to rescind resolution - Benton Harbor City Comm. declares EFM takeover unconstitutionalYesterday, by a vote of 6 to 2, the Benton Harbor City Commission and Mayor declared the appointment of Joseph Harris as the Emergency Financial Manager and his subsequent stripping of the Commission'196 comments 583 Recs
- No current results.