Below you'll find recent contributions related to dmalrajabi's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|How gerrymandering cost Democrats the House in 2012: An interactive look at the Northeast
|Is Progressivism in the Eye of the Beholder?
|Can We Truly Say We’re No Longer At War? A Closer Look At The President’s Comments
President Barack Obama’s Memorial Day speech at Arlington National Cemetery celebrated the fact that for the first time in 14 years, the U.S. was no longer engaged in a major ground war.
|Whistling Past Marcel's at Midnight
Just to catch a whiff of some damn fine cuisine as we wait for the other shoe to drop and maybe catch a whiff of what the Ubers and Filthys* are up to. We're up late Jibbering our Jabber about ...
|Some People Pander to the Working Class -- Sanders HAS a Plan to Help Us
Some times the 'best medicine' is the truth. And one thing's for sure about Candidate Bernie Sanders -- We can always count on him to tell us the truth. Especially when it comes to the fading ...
|On 'White Fragility' and On Smearing Sanders: 'BradCast' 5/27/2015
Guest: Journalist, playwright Aurin Squire... As the corporate media continues to smear and/...
|Idiots on parade
Just had the dubious pleasure of hearing the Governor of Ohio on CNN boasting about his economic success and massive popularity in his state. While the whole interview wasn't softball, he got away ...
|Nancy Pelosi: Represent your party
Is Nancy Pelosi, House Minority Leader, ignoring the overwhelming majority of Democratic voters and the majority of Democratic House members who do not want to see Fast Track, also known as TPA, ...
|Jeb Bush’s 4 percent fraud
There's an old Monty Python sketch in which a "Face the Press" interviewer grills the Minister for Home Affairs: "You claimed that you would build 88,000 million, billion houses a year in the ...
|Hey, Washington...Hands Off Medicare!! Hands Off My Income!!
OK, in light of the rotten proposal about Trade Adjustment Assistance being paid for by extending the Sequester cuts to Medicare payments into the second half of 2024, I have got to speak up! This ...
|Corporate Welfare Fails to Deliver the Jobs: The Sad Case of Start-Up NY
For several decades, state and local governments have been showering private businesses with tax breaks and direct subsidies based on the theory that this practice fosters economic development and, ...
|Lawrence S Wittner||05/27/2015||10|
|Get Ready to Call 'Em Out On the TPP!
So, on May 22, the Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) (“Fast Track”) Bill passed the Senate 62 – 37, with 14 Democrats defecting to the pro-Fast TracK/Trade-Pacific Partnership (TPP) forces. ...
|97 year old Woman Gets Surprised by POTUS
Time for a feel good story - Vivian Bailey, 97, never had the chance to go on a field trip as a child, but on Tuesday, she took the “field trip” of her dreams to the White House and was even ...
|Obama's EPA steps up for Clean Water
It has been a long time coming, but the EPA and Corps of Engineers have issued their final rule on what waters are protected under the Clean Water Act - helping ensure that the headwater, ...
|Talk Radio Live at 11 Becuz... Linda Tirado
We Act Radio and author Linda Tirado joins us at 11:30 EDT talkin' Min. Wage, Unions and Labor rights. Click Here to Join our Live Chat 11am to Noon ET to add your 2¢ to the Show convo. Or, Tweet ...
|Job Growth: Where it Is. Where it Isn’t. Why it Matters.
US counties with a net job loss since the nationwide recovery began five years ago. The data was provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. It includes the total number of workers in ...
|Instead of the Jews, it's the hedge fund managers
Oh my! Apparently an actual living person actually said this on the record, anonymously of course: Instead of the Jews, it's the hedge fund managers I was following the link from the Bernie ...
|Stop Calling TPP A Trade Agreement - It Isn't
This is a message to activists trying to fight the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). Stop calling the TPP a "trade" agreement. TPP is a corporate/investor rights agreement, not a "trade" agreement. "...
|1995 Obama speech
In March, a video of the 34-year-old Barack Obama surfaced on YouTube. It contains footage of an appearance he made at the Cambridge Public Library in September 1995. While the video has ...
|Financial Engineering Shuts Down PennySaverUSA
Hundreds of PennySaverUSA employees were suddenly left twisting in economic uncertainty over the Memorial Day holiday as financial engineering executives at OpenGate Capital ignored federal labor ...
|Has America become more liberal? Maybe. Okay, probably
This is a first. According to a new Gallup poll released last Friday (and diaried ...
|Talk Radio Live at 11 Becuz... State Action!
Chris Reeves joins us on the Last Half of the Show to talk politics and States' GOTV activities. Click Here to Join our Live Chat 11am to Noon ET to add your 2¢ to the Show convo. Or, Tweet us ...
Photo by author Chad Broughton of Dave Bevard, former Machinists local union president at the Maytag factory in Galesburg, Ill., standing beside the last refrigerator produced there in 2004 before ...
|Leo W Gerard||05/26/2015||6|
|Obama's Shades of Grey in Iraq
The hawks are at it again. All the things we have heard before are coming back. Obama must do more. He is feckless. He has no strategy. He is scared to use American force. He does not believe in ...
|The Family Home - A State of the Union Address
A hypothetical: You are invited to a new friend's home for the first time. As you drive up, you see a large imposing gate with a guard house & three guards armed with assault weapons. They check ...
|Memorial Day letter to the Editor calls for violent "regime change" and executions (UPDATED x2)
This is my first diary. I had always imagined that my first DK diary would be something substantial, carefully-crafted, and focused on the kind of special issues that I have particular knowledge of. ...
|I'm STILL a NonMor()on!
I dared once, to demand that my fake and phoney 'Membership' in the Moron and More-money Fraud-mafia and Murder-slave Vampire-Mafia Monkey-cult, be CANCELED. the following has been the result; for ...
|Darrel Issa's Mindless Comparison: America's Rich, Not Poor, are the envy of the world
“America’s the richest country on Earth because we’ve been able to put capital together and we’ve been able to make our poor somewhat the envy of the world....If you go to India or you go ...
Recommended by dmalrajabi
- There have been at least [http://www.dailykos.com/search?submit=Search&time_begin=01%2F01%2F2013&text_type=any&search_type=search_stories&order_by=-time&text_expand=contains&text=Trans-Pacific%...394 comments 366 Recs
- Ayn Rand would be crying right now if she weren't dead and/or a sociopath. The Neoliberal experiment America started in the 1980s has now yielded results, and they are poor. From Bloomberg View's ...154 comments 195 Recs
- Let me start off and mention that this is a "rant" from a Facebook friend of mine... I signed up to Facebook a few years ago after my 20th year high school reunion, you know, a great way to keep in ...92 comments 437 Recs
- [Please be advised that I amended the title of this blog entry in an attempt to make it more constructive in nature. I apologize for not doing so originally. I also added 304 items that someone ...479 comments 19 Recs
- 275 comments 297 Recs
- The excellent William Greider was among the first to warn us about the Catfood Commission, and now he's ...403 comments 673 Recs
- In 2009, former International Monetary Fund (IMF) Chief Economist and M.I.T. professor Simon Johnson wrote (quite presciently) of "[http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2009/05/the-quiet-coup/...254 comments 269 Recs
- There has been a fair amount of chatter here as to the meaning of words and much misuse of them by the wingnuts, let us start with some basic accepted definitions. ...335 comments 229 Recs
- This diary is in response to eKos: Greenpower, Tech & Comm Hit by China REE ...282 comments 215 Recs
- Crossposted from Antemedius Jeannette Wicks-Lim completed her Ph.D. in economics at the University of ...178 comments 229 Recs
- No current results.