Posting History for docreed2003
|A Hard Rain Fell on the Soul: An Afghanistan Vets Story
In the following diary, I've attempted to bare my soul, in a cathartic attempt to share what it is to be a veteran in america. This is my own experience. There are points in this diary that are ...
|A Tennessee Surgeon in a "Yankee" hospital
For those of you who know me here, you know that I am a veteran of Afghanistan, a surgeon, currently serving on active duty in US Navy. However, my time on active duty is coming to an end, and thus ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by docreed2003
- Though I love science, though I love learning about how science is smashing through the barriers of ignorance about our natural universe, sports is my first love. I absorb every statistic I can–...36 comments 58 Recs
- BBC news is reporting singer Joe Cocker has passed away at the age of 70. Singer Joe Cocker dies aged 70 Singer Joe Cocker, best known for his cover of the Beatles' With A Little Help From My ...151 comments 204 Recs
- ...80 comments 55 Recs
- My son is an Iraq War veteran with two tours under his belt. When he signed on to the National Guard as a mechanic, I don't think he ever thought he'd end up in a shooting war. After all, the ...379 comments 460 Recs
- On the Rachel Maddow Show , Ms. Maddow interviews Richard and Susan Selkie of Texas. They are pushing Congress to pass the Cpl. Clay Hunt Suicide Prevention Bill. It has passed the House, and is ...18 comments 24 Recs
- Those are the final words of a powerful Washington Post op ed by Carol Anderson, Associate Professor of African American studies and history at Emory University, among other things. The full title ...194 comments 415 Recs
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI-K-lxDsZk In the courtroom of honor, the judge pounded his gavel To show that all's equal and that the courts are on the level And that the strings in the books ain'9 comments 8 Recs
- He just turned sixty. He has a lovely wife and an excellent business. I met him in a Veterans P.S.T.D. therapy group. We have become friends; I've had dinner with him and His wife. I haven't seen ...116 comments 159 Recs
- I learned more about life from the nine men in this photo than you could ever imagine My grandparents' home was not very big. Truth be told, it was more the size of a shack than a house, but don’...28 comments 113 Recs
- Unless you're the churchgoing type, there's not much sense in driving through the Mississippi Delta on a Sunday morning. Folks tend to take the sabbath pretty seriously around these parts, and a ...31 comments 117 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.