Posting History for doctoraaron
Yesterday the United Nations moved to complete the promise of November 29, 1947 . My friend, Rabbi Hillel Levine, brought this message home in a letter to a Palestinian-American friend. I share it ...
|Death of a Family Doctor
It's been some time since I first posted on DK my "Tales of a Family Doctor". I hope this isn't ...
|Drugs? Money? Taxes? I can't believe it.
But it's true. This is a story of youthful foolishness, drugs, the absence of drugs, the DEA, theft, and injustice. It is so offensive and sad that I am just not sure what to do. So I am writing ...
|The End of Single Payer Hopes
The manager's amendment to the House Health Care Reform Bill, H.R. 3962 has been presented and it brings with it the death ...
|A Little Fun with the Right
One of my secret joys is reading the occasional mail I get from right wing organizations. You see, I am a doctor and a small business owner, so they assume I must share their values. For this ...
|Tales of a Family Doc.....a year later
My professional life is full of stories. There are some of remarkable bravery and happiness: Just last Friday I had the opportunity to trade emails with a patient who, finally, in his 60s (!) has ...
|The state of health reform in California
Sheila Kuehl is an amazing an sensible voice in California politics: She is a termed-out State Senator who now sits on the ...
|Stop the Media Blackout
In a shocking front page "analytical" article today , the San Francisco Chronicle published a nearly full-...
|I'm Out of here: A physician's goodbye to the AMA (Edited)
I'm a joiner. For years I was a member of two synogogues. I can't count the pieces of mail I get reminding me pay my dues for any number of environmental and civic organizations. I never pay ...
|The Elephant in the Room: My Meeting With Senator Baucus (Health Care Series)
THURSDAY NIGHT IS HEALTH CARE CHANGE NIGHT, a weekly Health Care Series (cross-posted at ePluribus Media , ...
|Can We Use DKos to Brainstorm on Health Care Reform?
After over a year of involvement with The Daily Kos I remain most impressed with the intellectual quality of the postings and the hard work and serious commitment to change ...
|Update: I will be meeting with Senator Baucus!!!
Late last week I received an email (pardon the elipses and xxx's for now) with this invitation: Dear Aaron , Please see below for information on an exciting opportunity to..
|BIG UPDATE: You can save a life!!
Dr. Don McCanne is a tireless worker on behalf of fundamental health care reform. He is a retired physician who now devotes himself full time ...
|Health Care Series: Thoughts on Cost Control from the Life of a Family Doc
THURSDAY NIGHT IS HEALTH CARE CHANGE NIGHT, a weekly Health Care Series (cross-posted at ePluribus Media )
|It's (Alternative Minimum) Tax Time
Tax day is almost upon us and it is this time of year that the right wing begins to visit us with arguments about why the tax code ...
|Real Choice in Health Care: A Story and Cry for Help
Sione Alipate (name changed for privacy) has been a patient of mine since I started practice nearly twenty years ago. Before that he was a patient of my predecessor. His chart goes back to 1970, ...
|No Day is an Ordinary Day
Saturday was a short day in the office. I came in to handle some paperwork and to see a few patients whom I couldn't manage to work in over the course of a busy week. It was an ordinary day with a ...
|Listen to your mother
It's one of the rules that makes a lot of intuitive sense. Mothers have been around. They know you. They love you. They want you to get it right. So I realize now that when I last forayed into ...
|This is what the right calls free speech
In December I posted an account of a day in the life of my work as a family doctor. It was well-received here, as it was ...
|Health Care: Of the People? By the People?
Last month over 4000 health care discussions were held around the country at the request of the Obama transition team. One of those ...
|Is Change.gov a Sham?
Anyone who may have seen my previous diaries knows how frustrated this family physician is with the current health system. And yet I have ...
|Tales of a Family Doctor-- care delayed is care denied
Shirley Crandall (her name and circumstances have been altered slightly in the interest of privacy) has been a patient in my office since late October last year. She’s a hard worker who’...
|Tales of a Family Doctor: Let's Take them Seriously
No story today. I've got one in the works but taking care of family and patients is priority one for the next couple of days... But there is some time pressure to consider what we've been asked to ...
|Tales of a Family Doctor
I arrived this morning in the office at 8:50 a.m. to find Glenda, my office manager, buried in charts. She had been there since 6:30, simultaneously arranging referrals that had been requested the ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by doctoraaron
- The White House is looking to Congress to remedy what President Obama sees as ...143 comments 58 Recs
- The latest right-wing disinformation campaign, all over ...51 comments 56 Recs
- President Obama on ...175 comments 95 Recs
- Dvar Torah Parsha Toldos Genesis 25:19 - 28:9 Haftorah Masar Hodesh Shmuel 20: 18-42 The haftorah is not the usual one this week, it is for rosh hodesh Kislev.49 comments 8 Recs
- 2012, despite the election results, was a pretty bad year for my family. So when the chance came to join John McCain and Mitt Romney, I jumped on it. That's right, I bought a second home. The ...62 comments 194 Recs
- By Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren The decisions made by the next chair of the Federal Reserve will have a powerful impact on the economic well-being of every person in America. While ...34 comments 170 Recs
- I must write. It is in me. I should be writing plays. I only have time to write a poem a day.23 comments 59 Recs
- Jim Matheson (UT-04), most vulnerable Democrat Over the last couple weeks, we've been talking about the 2014 House election, and in particular, which members might be especially vulnerable. First, ...150 comments 42 Recs
- Albert Shanker (New York World-Telegram & Sun/Library of Congress) Madison conservative group Reforming Education And Demanding Excellent Results-Wisconsin, or READER-WI, recently put up a ...68 comments 94 Recs
- Remember the story about how much more women can pay than men for health insurance? Here's where it's the worst, and why the insurance protections in the Affordable Care Act are so important.23 comments 43 Recs
- No current results.