Posting History for donnyg1941
|The Hoax of Conflict
This entry was written by HEIST co-producer and co-director Frances Causey. The conflict and profit driven mainstream media continually props up the belief that Democrats and Republicans can’t ...
|Americans' Net Worth
This entry was written by Heist Co-Producer and Co-Director Frances Causey. A recent report that the economy contracted the last quarter is no surprise. Despite the recent numbers, we consistently ...
|1872 Mining Law Is Obsolete and in Need of Reform
This entry was written by HEIST co-producer/co-director Frances Causey. In 1872, President Ulysses S. Grant, hoping to spur development of the West, signed a law called the General Mining Act, ...
|Dear Mr. Speaker!
This entry was written by HEIST co-director/co-producer Frances Causey. In opening the 113th Congress last Thursday House Speaker John Boehner declared that debt is imperiling the American Dream . ...
|What would FDR do?
Written by HEIST co-director/co-producer Frances Causey. History has proven time and time again that the United States has prospered the most when capital and labor work hand in hand with each other.
|You want true bipartisanship, you got it!
By Frances Causey The fix is in. If you read the media tea leaves, it looks like Medicare and Social Security benefits will likely be cut to avoid going over the contrived fiscal cliff because ...
|Deficit obsession is a creation of the ultra right message machine
By Frances Causey Journalists have long loathed to write about and report on economics, dismissing the entire field as too hard to understand or impossible to reduce to a quote or a sound bite. ...
|THE SILENT WAR AGAINST WORKERS BY BIG BUSINESS IS GROWING LOUDER!
This entry was written by Frances Causey. Thankfully, stories of striking workers at Wal-Mart and Hostess are making the front pages of newspapers and leading the “A” blocks of cable news shows.
|The so-called “Fiscal Cliff” is “austerity” in disguise
Note: This post was written by HEIST co-producer and co-director Frances Causey. The war against people who work for a living in this country continues with the “Grand Bargain” that will slash ...
|'Fix the Debt' CEO Dream Team Wants You to Be as Scared as They Are of the Fiscal Cliff
Note: This entry was co-written by donnyg1941 and JeffreeB Many readers of our last post about Pete Peterson's attack on Social Security commented on a very accurate point: Social Security ...
|Peter G. Peterson's Money Goes to Convincing You to Take a Social Security Hit
This post was co-written by donnyg1941 and JeffreeB. You may or may not have heard of Peter G. Peterson, but he has been trying very hard lately to make you believe your Social Security is in ...
|American Jobs and Clean Energy Soon to Be Victims of Republican Bickering
This entry was co-written by donnyg1941 and JeffreeB With a recent report from the Economic Policy Institute that states, "Between 2001 and 2011, the trade deficit with China eliminated or ...
|Unions in the News
The end of last month brought the end to a national crisis. The crisis, of course, was the NFL referee lockout, and it produced some of the most outspoken outrage from the public and the media we've ...
Screwed by your credit card masters or mortgage rate? Thank LIBOR. With congressional scrutiny now aimed at the scandal surrounding LIBOR, you may ask yourself, "Well, how did we get here?" One ...
|Libor, Sandy Weill, and Endless Corruption
Note: This post was written by donnyg1941 and JeffreeB By now you've probably heard of Libor, the London Interbank Offered Rate, and the scandal surrounding it. And unless you have an advanced ...
|Dividends, Tax Cuts, and the Fear/Disinformation game
The current 15% tax cap on dividend income is set to expire on December 31st of this year, and the folks over at DefendMyDividend.org want you to believe that if you are receiving income in the form ...
|Obama, jobs and the demise of America
With the signing of NAFTA in 1993, Democratic President Bill Clinton signed a death sentence for the middle class in America, thus implementing the next phase of Republican Pres. Reagan's ...
|Lest we forget the banksters
It's taken a 12 yo Canadian youngster, aided by her dad, to simply explain why we don't need private banks, and would survive very nicely, thank you, if we just had public banks. As the co-producer ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by donnyg1941
- Baker's question is more than fair, it boils down to the global impact of the Reinhart Rogoff paper. And its clear enough that 4 years later none of the major economies are seeing significant job ...74 comments 175 Recs
- (Click for larger image)36 comments 30 Recs
- In Wisconsin, we've spent 17 months disappointing pundits, RW talkers, and Republicans as one after another of their "predictions" have demonstrated that their crystal ball has a huge crack in it. ...170 comments 317 Recs
- One of the movies featured in Netroots Nation's Screening Showcase panel talks, Heist: Who Stole the American Dream is a riveting, clear and concise, but also hard hitting and motivating documentary ...5 comments 30 Recs
- Paul Krugman, although he himself has been consistently and remarkably right in his advice and observations nevertheless finally acknowledges the possibility that Economics may have failed as a ...20 comments 18 Recs
- Talk worth listening to. But first, because we have the ...3 comments 7 Recs
- To: Assemblymember Sam Blakeslee Fax: 916-319-2133 Subject: We all live in Sam Blakeslee’s district Dear Mr. Blakeslee, In 2006, a young blogger wrote “We all live in Richard Pombo’5 comments 8 Recs
- “So, Comrade, if you do not support me, I will crush you.” Two guesses who said that: was it Josef Stalin or John Burton? Well, all I can tell you is that I heard from my old friend ...36 comments 19 Recs
- After decades of taking my right to vote for granted and assuming my responsibilities began and ended with casting an informed ballot, I finally woke up. For many of you, awakening occurred in 2000, ...23 comments 17 Recs
- The Wellstone Democratic Renewal Club in Northern California has produced a video about the benefits of running for the Democratic Central Committee. Take a look at it after the fold.12 comments 12 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.