Below you'll find recent contributions related to dot farmer's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|2006 FBI Report on White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement: You Will Be Assimilated
And so it goes. Same as it ever was. And I'm not simply talking about police officers getting away with killing (mostly) young black men but the incessant nitpicking of each and every case ...
|In Defense of Shaun King
|Ken Burns Commencement Speech-line On #BlackLivesmatter Gets Huge Applause In One for the Ages
Today in Ferguson 150 years after the Civil War we see "ghastly remnants of our great shame emerging still"/Lincoln warned of "national suicide" if we neglect to be a "nation of freemen"/Mark Twain'...
|thirty three and a third||05/20/2015||44|
|CNN Discussion on Waco "Thugs" yet again shows we may have "Cop Problems" more than "Black Problems"
In the following clip from CNN in a discussion of how different the Police and media response has been to the mass murder spree and shootout by Waco Biker Gangs, contrasted to not just the so-called "
|Frank Vyan Walton||05/20/2015||18|
|New Freddie Gray Video: He Didn't Move When Shackled
According to Baltimore police, Freddie Gray was “irate” in a transport van after his arrest and they had to restrain him. However, that account is being challenged with the release by The ...
|Black Kos, Tuesday's Chile
I still tear up every time I watch this video. But even then, we knew that it was not enough. Far from it. Is "Black Leadership" Enough? Not For These Young Adults by Chitown Kev Like many other ...
|The words of Malcolm X speaking on police brutality are eerily and disappointingly relevant today
Malcolm X speaking in Los Angeles on police brutality On April 27, 1962, the LAPD murdered Brother Ronald Stokes , a friend of ...
|Rev. Barber & The Great American Lawsuit Against NC Voter Suppression - Of/By/For The People
Rev. Dr. William Barber II, former Netroots speaker and founder of Moral Mondays, along with Forward Together and the NC NAACP, released a new date for ...
|Driving while black, brown, or Indian
Most people have heard or read the acronym "DWB," which stands for " Driving While Black ," or in many cases "Brown," derived from DWI—Driving While Intoxicated. In ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/17/2015||218|
|Shanesha Taylor: No original plea deal exists, so why were charges re-filed during negotiations
I do have much to say before I know the ramifications of today’s sentencing hearing about unprofessional media coverage and distortion of facts that embarrass me as a journalist/editorialist/...
|Black Kos, Week In Review
Commentary: African American Scientists and Inventors by Black Kos Editor, Sephius1 Benjamin T. Montgomery (1819–1877) was an influential African-American inventor, landowner, and freedman. Ben ...
|Guardian: Chicago filmmaker alleges sexual assault at CPD Homan Square "black site"
The Guardian is reporting that a local Chicago filmmaker, Angel Perez, was interrogated and sexually assaulted at the Chicago Police Department's Homan Square "black site" in October 2012. (Warning:
|B.B. King 1925 - 2015
(photo credit: Annie Leibovitz) From AP , via The Washington Post : VEGAS — ‘King of the Blues’ legend B.B. King dead in Las Vegas at age 89, his attorney says. http://www....
|The absent black father myth—debunked by CDC
We've been told, quite frequently and repeatedly that the problems in the black community that we've seen in Ferguson and Baltimore recently are not the fault of biased, paramilitary, paranoid and ...
|Frank Vyan Walton||05/13/2015||101|
|Do Racists Seriously Not Know They’re Racist? (Update)
My apologies in advance for the “old news,” but yes, it’s still bothering me – and I have a question. I haven’t diaried in years, but I saw a clip a couple mornings ago which bothered me ...
|No charges for Madison, WI PO in shooting of Tony Robinson
I am so sick of this shit. Another PO shoots an unarmed black man and gets off. Following an inquiry by Wisconsin’s state division of criminal investigation [DCI], the Dane County district ...
|Black Kos, Tuesday's Chile
Restavek - "One who stays with" is the word for a child slave in Haiti. Commentary by Black Kos Editor Denise Oliver-Velez Ignoring Haiti and its problems is par for the course in the United ...
|North Carolina Gov. McCrory's voter registration meltdown: latest developments
Last Thursday (May 7) here at Daily Kos, I published the first public disclosure of a shocking collapse of the state's voter registration system here in North Carolina under Republican Gov. Pat ...
|Yo, BU "Why is white america so reluctant to identify white college males as a problem population?"
So Fox News tries to gin up their base with the usual suspects prompted by BU's need to assure their alums that they too are shocked, shocked that Americans have speech rights, even for innocuous ...
|The sound of handbags being tightly clutched.
Listening to Michelle Obama's wonderful speech reminds me of the little things that also grate. My partner is Martiniquaise of Malian descent, it's interesting and sometimes shocking standing a ...
|Michelle Obama's Powerful Speech on being the First Black FLOTUS
We all thought we knew some of the things the first black POTUS and FLOTUS would have to deal with in the very white White House. Most of us cannot wait to read the books that will be written by ...
|Racist laws restrict over 4 million U.S. citizens from voting
Flags of U.S. colonial territories The right to vote in the United States does not include every U.S. citizen of voting age. I'm not talking ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/10/2015||203|
|Black Man calls cops to report home invasion. What happened?
Yep: The cops shot him. A white police officer in a small South Carolina town shot and gravely wounded a black homeowner who had called 911 during an attempted home invasion. The officers apparently ...
|Maybe not the best way to start your career teaching about race in America
Do tweets get TOS and First Amendment protections, much less academic freedom protection at John Silber's and Bill Bennett's old haunts And the next school year will begin with the usual population ...
|Wyoming Governor finally caved to our FOIA requests. STDDs promote Medicaid Expansion, Week 36
Governor of Wyoming, Matt Mead. The Support the Dream Defenders group at Daily Kos has sent Freedom of Information Act ("FOIA") requests to 21 Red State governors or legislators on the ...
|Black Kos, Week In Review
Remembering Mya Commentary by Black Kos Editor JoanMar Mya Hall. Have you heard the name before? If you haven't, you are not alone. While Freddie Gray is now a household name, two weeks before ...
|Chicago establishes Reparations Fund for victims of their police torture.
We have an ongoing discussion - for lack of a better word - about how to (A) rein in the out-of-control cop behavior we see every day now and (B) providing some sort of support of benefit to their ...
Recommended by dot farmer
- Yeah really, you expected that from me, ha ha ha. ;-P I have had the pleasure, ever since I became eligible to vote, to do so for Bernie Sanders. The first time I saw him speak I was seven or ...490 comments 502 Recs
- It is very disappointing to hear Markos and other Hillary liberals of the political class already dissing Bernie Sanders. What is the point? Are they not among those of us who believe that any ...911 comments 309 Recs
- This looks like good news : WASHINGTON (AP) -- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders is hiring veterans of President Barack Obama's highly regarded digital operation for his 2016 White House campaign. The ...148 comments 188 Recs
- Sen. Bernie Sanders (R-VT)120 comments 85 Recs
- Story by Pamela Hess, UPI Pentagon Correspondent [not The Onion ] Rumsfeld: Looting is transition to freedom [F]reedom's untidy. And free people are free to make mistakes and commit crimes and do ...103 comments 287 Recs
- "Don't walk away, just listen to me. Talk to me." A protester in West Baltimore confronted Geraldo Rivera last night before he went to his live shot for Fox News. He went OFF on Geraldo, asking ...265 comments 492 Recs
- In this visually beautiful and mesmerizing piece, 27 year-old Prince Ea apologies to future generations for what we are doing, and not doing, to the planet today. The six-minute video contains so ...122 comments 330 Recs
- More flags please! Since the GOP took control of the Senate we've all been waiting for the Republican plan on immigration. Well now it's here. OMG this is a doozy. This is not an Onion piece but ...102 comments 240 Recs
- I wrote a diary on the rise of cancers among First Nations peoples for this last Monday Night Cancer Club. It sparked quite the conversation. I learned that there is also a misconception that ...159 comments 89 Recs
- Ever since George Bush's prohibition against NASA from undertaking any scientific research that might potentially bolster the case for Anthropogenic Global Warming ended when Republicans left office ...81 comments 169 Recs
dot farmer's Tags
- No current results.
dot farmer's Blogroll
- No current results.