Posting History for dpinzow
|2014 Senate: Gotta hold the Senate
The unexpected 2012 Senate gains helped us dramatically when it comes to holding the Senate in the next cycle, as we have a 55-45 cushion heading into a midterm where we have a lot of red-state Dems ...
|RCP (Rightwing Conservative Politics) was extremely inaccurate with their polling averages
All three major cable news networks (MSNBC, CNN, and FOX) used the RCP polling average to argue that the race was a dead heat, and that Romney had a legitimate path to 270 electoral votes. From ...
|NBC News WSJ: Obama 51, Romney 44 (NH), Obama 49, Romney 47 (NV), Obama 48, Romney 46 (NC)
The third wave of NBC News Wall Street Journal polls have come in, and right now, it is a clean sweep of all nine "battleground" states for President Obama: Topline numbers: Obama 51, Romney 44 (NH)
|"Obama for Me": JFK Jingle redone!
Posters of a certain age (lifelong Democrats) will definitely remember the "Kennedy for Me" jingle, an extremely catchy tune which is probably one of the most positive political ads ever: Well ...
|Campaign ad spending: Advantage Obama?
One of the most surprising new stories that has popped up over the past week is Mitt Romney's supposed lack of cash. Many diaries have been posted about Restore our Future, the Romney SuperPAC that ...
|Push Poll Alert: Pat Caddell/McLaughlin and Assoc. STILL can't give Romney Ohio lead
I am about to present to you the most ridiculous push poll of the entire cycle. We'll see if Real Clear Politics (AKA Right-wing Conservative Politics) includes it in their averages, but I wanted to ...
|NBC/WSJ/Marist: Obama 50, Romney 43, (OH), Obama 49, Romney 44, (FL), Obama 49, Romney 44 (VA)
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/13/13848313-polls-obama-holds-the-edge-in-florida-ohio-and-virginia?lite Breaking: President Obama leads Mitt Romney in Ohio, Florida, and Virginia ...
|PPP Ohio: Obama 50, Romney 45 (UPDATE); Obama 49, Romney 48 in NC
A very quick diary regarding the first of PPP's polls this week. Obama leads Romney by 5 and is at the 50 percent mark. Partisan identification in the poll was D+4, which is almost exactly the ...
|Obama vs. Romney is not a dead heat
Lots of us have seen the media breathlessly portray the election as a dead heat, or tied, or within the margin of error. As a fairly avid political junkie, the media is doing us a disservice. If ...
|Daily Mirror (UK): 9/11 victims possibly phone-hacked by News of the World reporters
This looks like it's going to get a lot worse for NewsCorp. Hopefully if proven true, our government will act on it. A former New York City police officer claims that "journalists" from the now-...
|Interesting correlation between life expectancy, other nations, and Presidential voting patterns
As most of us know, the current US healthcare system is fraught with troubles, and unless you do a serious amount of homework and find a really good doc (like I did in the past two years), top-...
|Senate Race Ratings (April)
If you thought 2006 was a good year for us when we picked up six seats, 2008 looks a GREAT DEAL better. It's been quite a long time since we've gone into an election cycle where the Repubs have, ...
|NC may scrap winner-take-all electoral votes for '08
Before I give my take on this, credit must go to Jerome Armstrong at MyDD for breaking this story. ...
|The President hasn't seen 50% since May 5, 2005
Think about that. It's been almost 21 months since our unqualified chief executive can honestly claim support from a majority of the American people. With this imminent surge/escalation of the ...
|New open seat in the New York State Senate
I may be cutting in a day or two late with this story, but [http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-libalboni1227,0,7644984.story?coll=ny-linews-headlines Newsday] reported on December 26 ...
|2008 House: Dem defenses
Yesterday I posted a diary outlining all the House seats we lost in the 2006 election by ten or fewer points. There are two sides of the coin, and the other side is playing defense. There weren't ...
|Democratic House targets in 2008: We've got a lot of them
One month ago the Democrats pulled off a historic accomplishment on Election Day: They did not concede a single House, Senate, or gubernatorial seat to the Republicans. The Democrats won a net of ...
|CT-4: The wild, unexpected meltdown by Chris Shays||dpinzow||10/13/2006||39||15||-||5|
|Massive changes on Cook's House index, and they all favor the Dems||dpinzow||10/06/2006||25||38||-||8|
|Columbus Dispatch gives Strickland and Brown the lead in Ohio||dpinzow||09/24/2006||22||8||-||2|
|Senate analysis: Dems in much better shape now than three months ago||dpinzow||09/14/2006||163||273||6||38|
|American League baseball--pennant races||dpinzow||08/25/2006||137||4||-||3|
|NV-Senate: A real sleeper race||dpinzow||08/04/2006||47||43||-||18|
|Heat wave ROARING into the Northeast||dpinzow||07/31/2006||81||6||1||9|
|Baghdad starts to collapse as its people flee a life of death: London Times||dpinzow||07/13/2006||240||369||13||49|
|The Bible was never rated G or PG||dpinzow||07/04/2006||15||7||-||-|
|Charlie Cook: More Republican tossup seats in House, Senate||dpinzow||06/29/2006||41||26||-||7|
|Some musings on House races||dpinzow||06/24/2006||18||6||-||-|
|Iran: The real winner of the Iraq conflict||dpinzow||06/19/2006||13||3||1||161|
|A combination of the Dean and Emanuel strategies is the ticket to victory||dpinzow||05/21/2006||17||2||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by dpinzow
- So long, Spock. My folks came to U.S. as immigrants, aliens, and became citizens. I was born in Boston, a citizen, went to Hollywood and became an alien. - Leonard ...448 comments 438 Recs
- Thanks to this tweet from Mark Ruffalo: Moratorium! Bravo NYS! Bravo DOH! Bravo @NYGovCuomo ! Bravo NYS Antifracking movement. You worked hard and relied on science. #fracking http://www.twitter....115 comments 121 Recs
- President Obama's bold international diplomacy is paying big dividends : The Chinese government ...135 comments 139 Recs
- Binghamton is the first city in the nation to complete a White House Pledge to end veterans homelessness, the U.S. Department of Housing and Development and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs ...14 comments 11 Recs
- Just now, the House voted 252 to 162 to force the approval of the Keystone XL pipeline. Justin Amash (MI-03) voted present as he has frequently done with KXL bills because, while supporting the ...70 comments 47 Recs
- From Politico : The Obama administration is set to roll out a series of climate and pollution measures that rivals any president’s environmental actions since George H.W. Bush signed a rewrite of ...469 comments 351 Recs
- The Schlitz Beer saga , the story of how America's once favorite beer altered its hallmark recipe disastrously while seeking short term profits at the expense of quality and reputation, has always ...371 comments 447 Recs
- Standing at my polling place NOW! Thought I would start an open thread for folks to chime in for the Virtual High 5s we deserve. About to vote totally against Republicans!!495 comments 213 Recs
- Yesterday, I presented a case that the Republicans in Colorado are doing a remarkable job at banking early votes. In fact, they have been so good at it, that it's mathematically impossible for them ...43 comments 44 Recs
- Democrat Charlie ...56 comments 50 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.