Posting History for ebohlman
|Rolling Stone needs to retract another article
In 2005, Rolling Stone, along with Salon, published a ludicrous hit piece claiming that the CDC enagaged in a massive consipiracy to cover up the link between the vaccine preservative thimerosal and ...
|State of Alabama up for auction on eBay
This is funny as hell: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331504239076?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 UPDATED New link is http://www.ebay.com/itm/State-Of-Alabama-/331504956357 Read ...
|So-called "Bradley Effect" unlikely to affect polling on marriage equality
Historically, the results of ballot initiatives involving marriage equality (for example, California's Proposition 8) have been less favorable to equality than polling would suggest. The most ...
|State elections matter: Herring won't defend VA marriage ban
According to several news sources, including [http://www.roanoke.com/news/article_621761a8-83eb-11e3-9b53-001a4bcf6878.html this one], Virginia's recently-elected Attorney General Mark Herring is ...
|whale.to is not a credible source
Recently, as a result of Katie Couric's irresponsible report on concern about HPV vaccinations, there have been a number of diaries in which commenters have raised concerns about the safety of ...
|Breaking: Judge in MI marriage case denies summary judgment, sets trial
This afternoon, after hearing oral arguments on motions for summary judgment in DeBoer v. Snyder , a Federal challenge to Michigan's ban on same-sex marriage and adoption, Judge Bernard Friedman of ...
|It's not just what you say, it's how you say it
The Chicago Tribune is a newspaper with a very strong reputation for conservatism (the farthest left they ever went was endorsing Obama in 2008, which wasn't really left at all). Yesterday (Sunday, ...
|A 4/19 tragedy that many don't remember
The Oklahoma City bombings and the Columbine shootings weren't the only awful events that happened on the nineteenth day of the fourth month of the year. 22 years ago on this day, the famed ...
|ENDA held back by ignorapathy
[http://www.outandequal.org Out & Equal], a national nonprofit promoting GLBT equality in the workplace, recently released the results of their 2010 workplace survey (1). Most of the news was good, ...
|What's wrong with this idea?
(Crossposted to [http://turnipsandpotatoes.wordpress.com Turnips and Potatoes]) What if the US government made Medicare available on the open market to people under 65? It would simply become one ...
|What's Gonzales hoping for?
After making a speech today to the International Association of Privacy Professionals, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales [http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/002725.php took questions] from a ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by ebohlman
- Franklin D. Roosevelt at his first inaugural address encouraged Americans to stand up to that “nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into ...21 comments 24 Recs
- Science Deniers come in all stripes. Some are right-wing, some are left-wing. Some are anti-government, some are anti-corporate. But if you look closely at all of the anti-science fringe, everyone ...114 comments 28 Recs
- This diary reports on a recently published study of the levels of radiocesium contamination in rice grown in Fukushima Prefecture since the triple reactor meltdowns in March 2011. It is the most ...74 comments 31 Recs
- The earthquake, tsunami and nuclear triple disaster that struck Japan in March 2011 led to the release of massive amounts of radioactive isotopes into the environment. I began outreach and ...317 comments 79 Recs
- We are nearing the end of the road for marriage exclusivists. Pretty soon, very likely this year, the Supreme Court of the United States is going to rule that the states cannot require a legal ...23 comments 25 Recs
- With so much debate around the seeming return of Measles - in part spurred by those who were not vaccinated, and putting more at risk, many friends have reminded me of this statement about the ...800 comments 659 Recs
- Because of this comment in a diary titled "The problem is we can't discriminate" "Please diary this as it really deserves (4+ / 0-) to be its own headline story. It is beautiful and inspiring and ...4 comments 16 Recs
- We hear it all the time: Some nose-in-the-air jackwagon that thinks minimum wage jobs are menial jobs, and thus have little to no respect for anyone doing any job they deem beneath them - and ...144 comments 88 Recs
- Risk perception is a fascinating field it seeks to study the reasons for rifts between the opinions of experts on a subject and the general public. Notable example include: * The Safety of Nuclear ...26 comments 32 Recs
- This diary reports on the most recent study of plutonium releases from Fukushima to the Pacific Ocean. The post contributes to an ongoing effort to report peer-reviewed studies on the impact of the ...229 comments 102 Recs
- No current results.