Below you'll find recent contributions related to ejoanna's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Overnight News Digest: "Love Has Left The Room" Edition
|Open thread for night owls: UN experts warn of threats from secret 'trade' deals
RNs protest fast-track legislation in Sacramento, California in March 2015. At Common Dreams, Sarah Lazare ...
|Top Comments: School Daze IV Edition
|Cartoon: Mad Max Fury Road
Support Keef via Patreon!!
|Game of Thrones 5.8—'Hardhome'
Winter isn't just coming, people. It's here. In Game of Thrones that doesn't mean Jack Frost nipping at your nose. It doesn't mean friendly snowmen in top hats. It sure doesn't mean picking up a ...
|Indigo Kalliope: Poems from the Left: June's 1st Tuesday & a Memoriam
It occurred to me that perhaps I sometimes use composing under the gun as a way to force concision in my writing. Probably not the best way to go about it, but it works passably, I suppose. I had ...
|McConnell loses big on NSA amendments, USA Freedom Act goes to the president
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was an asshole starting the series of votes in the Senate in what was to become his NSA surveillance reform debacle.
|School lunch room manager fired for giving out food to children without lunch money
|Ted Cruz: John F. Kennedy 'would be a Republican today'
You make me sad. I sat here for a long time pondering what to say about would-
|A few maps show Americans' views on climate change confused. But they like renewable energy
The map shows Americans are strong backers of renewable energy. David Roberts at ...
|Midday open thread: NTSB releases Amtrak report; flowers in the potholes protests; 0.01% taxpayers
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Facetime fools :
|Jeb Bush thinks retirement age is 65, and wants you to work until you're 70
If you missed Face the Nation on Sunday, you missed Jeb ...
|Exploring what it means when police refuse to provide medical attention to their victims
Actions show intent and emotion. When I kiss my kids at night and tell them I love them before they go to bed, it's because how I feel about them emotionally has to be demonstrated to be ...
|In the GOP, moderates need not apply
The percentage of House members who are NOT ideological moderates. New data released last month by Kenneth Poole and Howard Rosenthal shows just how polemic House Republicans have become—the ...
Those of you who ...
|Guantánamo Bay prisoner: CIA used sexual abuse and other torture not included in Senate report
Majid Khan has been in U.S. custody since 2003. His name is Majid Khan. Born in Pakistan, he is a legal resident of the United States, having lived in Maryland and graduated from a Baltimore ...
|States find few options to deal with potential Supreme Court Obamacare decision
The Wall Street ...
|Mike Huckabee: I wish I 'felt like a woman' in high school so I could 'shower with the girls'
You are a strange, strange man. Republican contender Mike Huckabee has an odd internal belief system. Molesting your ...
|Judge upholds labor board rule bringing union representation elections into the 21st century
Here's something new: a court upholding a policy that business lobby groups say is unfairly pro-worker. The first of two legal challenges to the National Labor Relations Board's rule modernizing ...
|TSA fails to detect airport weapons and explosives in 67 of 70 tests
Oops? While most of ...
|Poll: Bush nosedives, GOP field a 'muddled mess'
"Yo, bro, would you quit following me around?" If there's any chance you hadn't already noticed, Jeb Bush's campaign to restore the family name to good presidential stead has gotten off ...
|Sure, House Republicans have a secret plan for saving Obamacare subsidies
Don't be hasty, House ...
|Republicans hoping to get more than six percent of the black vote in 2016
With President Obama not on the ballot in 2016, Republicans are hoping that their candidate will be able to draw a little more of ...
|Reporters anonymously complain that Clinton campaign offers too many anonymous quotes
A group of reporters met Monday ...
|Elizabeth Warren isn't running, but Democratic voters still have choices
Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...
|Cartoon: Facetime fools
(Click to enlarge) From the AT&T survey mentioned in the comic: When you see the ...
|Surveillance bill in Senate tests Mitch McConnell's leadership
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, ...
|Daily Kos Radio is LIVE at 9 am ET!
Well, we went a little crazy on the Denny Hastert legal hairsplitting yesterday. But that's what we do with the show. I won't lie about that! That leaves us with a lot of catching up to do, and ...
|Cheers and Jeers: Tuesday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Happy LGBT Pride Month Golly gee, what might we have to celebrate this year? How about this: last year at this time 19 states issued marriage licenses to same-...
|Bill in Portland Maine||06/02/2015||78|
|Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: Top Republican recruit skips Colorado Senate race
Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some good news on ...
|Life isn't fair
Children are supposed to bury parents, not the other way around. Our vice president Has endured too much loss for anyone. I think of a long time writer on the DK who just Lost his daughter. I read ...
|Sunday Talk: See dick run
Seemingly every single day , the ...
|Something for Kos to consider
There is a campaign to block congress from access to web sites until the Patriot Act is gone . Blocking congress' access to my backwater blog would go unnoticed. Blocking access to Daily Kos WOULD ...
|DK members fighting
Crowds surged through the store as they battled to purchase one of the Polaroid 40inch HD TVs which is now out of ... http://dailym.ai/1CmKILl#i-7aeaf837a0df59fa I picked a picture for this diary ...
|Meet-up, June 27, western Maine
It's that time again..... my sixth annual meet-up by the lake ;-)
|Sunday Talk: Not enough circuses
Faced with the prospect of a ...
|Evil looks like this
A Christian friend sent me this picture; He will supply his name if asked. The other pictures Are unbelievable. He thinks we should send troops back to Iraq and Syria to stop these obscenities. ...
|Are you hungry?
Every 43 seconds a person will die from heart disease. Heart disease kills more Americans than anything else. Smoking and stress add to heart disease, but a diet that includes meat is the biggie.
Recommended by ejoanna
- Monday! So I am in the process of divorce, and have had to learn all kinds of new things. As you can see by Itzl's concerned look, this group gives Kossacks a safe place to check in, a daily ...35 comments 16 Recs
- Good morning everyone and welcome to Saturday Morning Garden Blogging, the Goodbye to Gardening Edition. After thirty-five years of living and gardening in Big Sky Country, through flood and drought,312 comments 96 Recs
- Welcome to another Friday! So I'm having trouble waking up and focusing again today and I thought I'd share with you some music that gives me 'juice' when I need it. They also make good walking/...31 comments 15 Recs
- What does it mean when I say your Moon is in Aries or Capricorn or Virgo or any of the other astrological signs? Most likely, I'm talking about the sign your Moon was in at birth. Because of the ...28 comments 15 Recs
- Last weekend, my mother stopped on her way home from visiting my other siblings and actually stayed one night. She arrived mid-day on Sunday and, a couple hours later in the middle of gossiping ...43 comments 14 Recs
- As you can see by Itzl's concerned look, this group gives Kossacks a safe place to check in, a daily diary where we can let people know we are alive, doing OK, and not affected by such things as ...19 comments 13 Recs
- Morning folks! It's Friday once more in the Land of Ian. Today I'm going to show you some sites that I've been volunteering for on a daily basis since I can't really get out and volunteer in my ...24 comments 17 Recs
- I know, how exciting can a grilled cheese sandwich be, I mean really? But this particular version seems to please a lot of folks around here. I am not saying that I should be cooking on one of ...27 comments 18 Recs
- My boss was going to the coast with his wife this weekend, so he didn't come in on Thursday or Friday. One of the things he did on Wednesday was have a meeting about his upcoming financial ...23 comments 13 Recs
- Hi all! I have no idea what happened to the regular IAN. I stepped out of DK for a couple of hours and I guess I must have turned the lights off when I left, 'cause when I came back, two hours were ...20 comments 13 Recs
- No current results.