Posting History for emilysdad
|Mele Kalikimaka to you, Mr. President
Here's to wishing a wonderful Christmas to our President and First Family in our lovely 50th state!
|Minnesota: A 7 DFL - 1 R Gerrymander
For my first attempt at a redistricting diary I decided to try my hand at Minnesota, partly because I've lived there in the past and partly because it is a place where we have failed to maximize out ...
|MT-Sen Breaking: Rehberg to Challenge Tester in 2012
[Roll Call http://www.rollcall.com/news/Denny-Rehberg-Challenging-Tester-203001-1.html] reports that Rep. Dennis Rehberg (R, MT-AL) will challenge Sen. Jon Tester (D) for reelection in 2012.
|I suppose I should be grateful
According to the [Politico http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0610/38178.html], Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA), has been endorsed for reelection by Boeing--not by Boeing's PAC, but by the corporation.
|Meta: When to Primary an Incumbent
Periodically on dKos, there are calls for a challenge to an incumbent Democratic officeholder for renomination. I would like to outline my ideas for when such a challenge makes sense. A few notes ...
|OH-Sen: Brunner goes PUMA
In advance of Ohio's Senate primary on Tuesday between Lt. Gov. Lee Fisher and SoS Jennifer Brunner, Brunner told the [Dayton Daily News http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/election/brunner-says-she-...
|ROFL! Grayson on Palin
This weekend Sarah Palin visited Orlando, the home of Rep. Alan Grayson (D, FL-08). Naturally, she took the opportunity to criticize Grayson.
|Breaking: Sen. Chris Dodd has Prostate Cancer
According to the [Hartford Courant http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-chris-dodd-prostate-cancer-0731,0,3879555.story], Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT) has been diagnosed with "early-stage prostate ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by emilysdad
- I knew I was screwed when I looked out the window first thing in the morning and saw it was snowing. A rare mid-November storm was hitting Columbus on a day I had to commute. Snow means bad roads ...277 comments 221 Recs
- Sad news from NPR today: Tom Magliozzi, one of public radio's most ...236 comments 391 Recs
- Even though 2016 is still so far away, and 2014 remains a seriously pressing battle , there is ...31 comments 6 Recs
- In a just out Washington Post story, we learn In probe of Va. Gov. McDonnell, prosecutors agreed to delay decision on charges . First two paragraphs: Federal prosecutors told Virginia Gov. Robert F.90 comments 204 Recs
- I have written [diaries http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/07/11/226549/-Handicapping-the-2008-Democrats?showAll=yes] in the past on handicapping the presidential candidates for the next election. ...37 comments 5 Recs
- Rep. Bill Young (R) At long last! Veteran Republican Rep. Bill Young, who has served the Tampa area in the House since 1971 and has been the subject of retirement speculation for many cycles,106 comments 52 Recs
- One of the more pathetic stories out of the Bush administration was the 2006 arrest of Claude Allen, Jr., Bush's Domestic Policy Advisor, on felony charges related to a form of shoplifting known as "...8 comments 7 Recs
- A drew this map in the hope that it would give Democrats a 7-1 majority. I don't believe Democrats would have any problem splitting Minneapolis. They may not go as far as I did, but I just can't ...35 comments 2 Recs
- Last Night the Rachel Maddow show sent a video crew to actually watch and play the new Bush Library "Game": Decision Points Theater. This is the Bush Administrations post Power attempt to yet again ...142 comments 364 Recs
- Lawton Chiles famously said that Bill Clinton "knows how to speak cracker", and Clinton's drawling persona and successful performances in the 1992 and 1996 Presidential elections have contributed to ...53 comments 39 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.