Below you'll find recent contributions related to epjmcginley's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Projecting a Climate Change Timeframe - Holy $h*t
In researching a book I'm writing I've been collecting prognostications about climate change. These have been gathered over time from numerous sources. But they are projections and hence a ...
|Paddle in Seattle Saturday (photo diary)
One of four staging areas as I arrived There was a ...
|#Shell No - Happening Now in Seattle
From King 5 news Right now all entranceways to Terminal 5 in the Port of Seattle are blocked in protest of Shell's plans to drill in the Arctic. Hundred of people converged on the terminal ...
|Western US drought advances; Washington State declares state of emergency
Not good, but nowhere near the catastrophic California drought. Yet. With only 16% of normal snowpack this year, half of Washington State is in drought condition; putting 1.2 bn of crops in ...
|Citizen-led WA ballot initiative pushes politician climate action
Washington state legislators are concerned that a $25/ton carbon tax proposed in Carbon Washington’s ballot initiative, I-732, will be too “blunt” an instrument. So they are reviving a more ...
|The War on Terror & Climate Change
I recently had a conversation with a young man who had just finished serving a tour of duty in both Afghanistan and Iraq. I asked him what, in his opinion, was the reason we had become militarily ...
|Royal Dutch Shell Invades Seattle UPDATED
The Mayor of Seattle doesn't want Shell's Polar Pioneer to dock in Seattle. The Seattle City Council doesn't want Shell's Polar Pioneer to dock in Seattle. The Port of Seattle doesn't want Shell'...
Recommended by epjmcginley
- This is a time of year when I like to look back at the last year to see what changes have come. I spent much of my summer perched on a mountain outside Stevenson, WA watching over a farm so the ...14 comments 44 Recs
- I promised this story to a friend, I told him that he would be the first one I had ever told this to. At the moment our lives have taken us in different directions and I always keep my promises so I ...4 comments 4 Recs
- I am a fortunate lady. I am surrounded by the love and understanding of a family of friends. For many years now we have individually navigated the pitfalls of life with the understanding we had a ...28 comments 47 Recs
- In my home town it is said that there is one of my relatives living on a farm in every hollow and that would be pretty accurate. My Uncle Jack was no exception, a road builder by trade, his true ...32 comments 22 Recs
- Shortly after the midterm "shellacking," climate hawks despaired. Climate zombies shambled gleefully around the grave of comprehensive climate legislation, while Grist asked whether the ...32 comments 49 Recs
- Last night I went to a celebration as I have every December 13th for the past two years. It is very special to me because I had a hand in making it happen. Although in reality I feel more like I was ...36 comments 31 Recs
- As with so many, my options are getting more limited. I have a little flexibility right now, and I'm doing my best to get prepared. I'm going to sit here and try to write down everything I can ...80 comments 30 Recs
- Today's Los Angeles Times piece, “Parents hope to force sweeping changes at ...26 comments 13 Recs
- I think what concerns me most about American society these days is how so many wish to commodify everything, especially other people. The subject has weighed heavily upon me recently because I’8 comments 34 Recs
- In a stunning series of short films depicting last summer's biblical floods, Pakistan today issued a passionate and powerful appeal to the heart and soul of the international community. Calling for ...23 comments 41 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.