2361 comments by fenway49.
Recommended by fenway49
- Have you discovered a colorful character or two somewhere in your family tree? Anyone who hunted and killed 101 Black Bears? None of my plain old boring ancestors did that, either. But I ran across ...23 comments 11 Recs
- One of the fun aspects of genealogy for me has been tracking down places my ancestors lived. On my father's side of the family, I've been to most of the places which are still extant where ancestors ...8 comments 14 Recs
- We’ve been fairly quiet as a DK community lately, so I’m guessing that everyone’s pretty busy. That would explain why fewer of us have been signing up to host a Friday. No problem! This ...18 comments 12 Recs
- On my recent research trip to Scotland and Ireland, I spent lots of time in various archives and libraries. (Yeah, I managed to fit in some other stuff.... a few pictures here ....). I'm pretty ...14 comments 15 Recs
- Don't ya love it when online records from which you think you've gleaned every possible tidbit of information get updated - but you don't know what the range of information they updated or added or ...8 comments 13 Recs
- Brick walls. Ancestors who appear to have been aliens dropped from outer space. Anyone researching their family tree runs into people like these :-( My recent research trip has me thinking that it'...15 comments 17 Recs
- In the early morning hours of August 8, 1880, a young woman was murdered by her former husband near the small, peaceful town of Shutesbury, Massachusetts. My 5th g-grandparents settled in Shutesbury.10 comments 11 Recs
- I grew up believing an untruth, and it was all my grandmother’s fault. Not my mother’s mother, who’d raised six boys (Julius, Oscar, Charlie, Louie, Dan, and Bob), one girl (Mum), and one ...64 comments 26 Recs
- This is a GFHC Open Thread. Let's start with the treasured four-generations picture. The adorable little runaway toddler is your's truly. Not so grumpy, I'd say. But this picture was taken in 1949. ...15 comments 14 Recs
- Here’s a family story told to me by my grandfather's sister (Astrid Leiseth (Miller), aka "Austie") about her great grandmother Johanna (or Johanne), who was my mother's father's mother's mother's ...12 comments 28 Recs
- No current results.