Below you'll find recent contributions related to flurdman's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Open thread for night owls. Cole: Kaplan's call for renewed imperialism in Middle East is boneheaded
Let's have some more cakewalks, 'kay? Robert D. Kaplan recently wrote a piece (behind a paywall) saying it's time to bring imperialism back to the ...
|Sanders makes run official: If people 'fight back, there is nothing that can’t be accomplished'
In a speech peppered with introductory "brothers and sisters," Sen. Bernie Sanders on Tuesday made official his entry into the primary battle for the Democratic presidential nomination framed by ...
|Livestreaming Bernie Sanders's official announcement of his candidacy for the Democratic nomination
You can watch it Live now. Why Bernie matters: A 2016 primary run by Bernie ...
|Midday open thread: Democrats and climate change; perpetual war; Sanders to make it official
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Pro-life, Boko Haram style :
|Most House Republicans stand with President Obama on fast-tracking, most Democrats still against
Fighting it to the end. Thanks to 14 Democrats joining all-but-five Senate Republicans in approving fast-track trade legislation last week, it's now up to the House, which is where most close ...
|Open thread for night owls. On Memorial Day, remember: 'They didn't fall, they were pushed'
Flag-draped caskets on their way back from Iraq to the United States. Ray McGovern writes— Remember This on Memorial ...
|Midday open thread: Middle East needs imperialism? Emissions controls to slash coal; Kincannon flips
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is The bad intelligence : What you may have missed on ...
|Original Americans forgotten on Memorial Day
The All-Nations Native American Veterans Memorial in Jefferson, Oregon [This is an edited and updated reprise of an essay first written for Memorial Day in 2010.] My ...
|Abbreviated pundit round-up: Young people getting shafted on pay; the real first Memorial Day
E.J. Dionne Jr. at The Washington Post writes The right’s political correctness : Accommodating right-wing primary voters poses real risks to the party in next year’s elections. Its candidates’
|Open thread for night owls. A reprise: 'Lies, Damned Lies, a Searchable Database of Lies'||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||71|
|Sanders: Campaign coverage should focus on issues instead of outrage, gossip and Facebook comments||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||175|
|This week at progressive state blogs: Gov. Kasich plays the suckers; Gov. Bryant writes a dumb op-ed
This week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Oil spills; the melting poles; Jeb Bush's climate change arrogance
See OceanDiver's post . Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs, Spotlight on Green ...
|Open thread for night owls. OECD: Growing global inequality gap 'has reached a tipping point'
Nadia Prupis at Common Dreams, writes Growing Global Inequality Gap 'Has Reached a Tipping Point' : With the gap between the rich and poor growing worldwide, ...
|Midday open thread: Huckabee backs Ten Commandments BS; DNI keeps bin Laden porn to itself
Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Jeb Bush and Brotherly Love :
|Politico takes a whack at Warren in a lengthy, trade-related hit piece
Politico's nothingburger story on Warren's ...
|Open thread for night owls. Democracy Now interviews Matt Taibbi on confessed bank crooks
Matt Taibbi Amy Goodman interviewed Rolling Stone journalist Matt Taibbi on the news that the five banks—Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Barclays, Royal Bank of ...
|Bernie Sanders will make his presidential run official Tuesday
Bernie poses for a selfie with a supporter in Manchester, NH, May 2. Sen. Bernie Sanders will make his presidential primary campaign official Tuesday, May 26, with a public kick-off on the shores ...
|Jeb Bush is partly right. Somebody is definitely 'intellectually arrogant' about climate change
That arrogance does not, however, come from the scientists behind the 97 percent of peer-reviewed papers that say civilization's emissions of greenhouse gases are driving climate change. Nor from ...
|Midday open thread: Foxagandists say Obama wrong to call climate change nat'l security threat
Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is On Iraq: W.W.J.H.D.? (What Would Jeb Have Done?) :
|Surprise! Company whose pipeline burst in Santa Barbara has extensive record of safety violations
A section of Refugio State Beach tainted by oil from burst pipe. Since 2006, the U.S. Pipeline and ...
|Study: BP oil blowout at fault for Gulf of Mexico dolphin deaths. The petroleum giant says nah
Dead dolphin stranded on the Port Fourchon Louisiana coastline in July 2012 following the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
|Spotlight on green news & views: Fracking wastewater used on crops; Shell plans for change of 4°+
Check out the saga of the green heron hunting for lunch Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention ...
|Climate takes up half Obama's commencement address to Coast Guard cadets, with some Arctic irony
Climate change dominated President Obama's commencement address to the Coast Guard graduating class Wednesday. President ...
|Midday open thread: Tech companies oppose TPP; bin Laden's bookshelf; Obama tweets, racism ensues
Today's comic by Matt Bors is Biker Lives Matter :
|As fast-track trade bill heads for Senate cloture vote, House outcome could be up to Nancy Pelosi
Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...
|Open thread for night owls: Bernie Sanders has a plan: Tax Wall Street and make college free
John Nichols at The Nation writes Bernie Sanders Has a Plan: Tax Wall Street and Make College Free : Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders keeps bending the rules of Senate ...
|Midday open thread: Int'l flag of Earth; man admits plot against NY Muslims; O'Reilly denies abuse
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is The Great Hall of Iraq Whoppers :
|Texas Gov. Greg Abbott does industry's bidding and signs state ban on local fracking bans
Two women await the results of a referendum banning fracking in Denton, Texas, last November. The city's ...
|This man has read the TPP, can't legally tell us the details, but says Warren's criticisms are right
Labor organizations oppose the Trans Pacific Partnership Trade deal in a rally outside of the Capitol in May 2014. His name is Michael Wessel. He has served on the U.S. ...
Recommended by flurdman
- I never see this discussed on the news, the pundit shows, or anywhere else. Want to know the dirty little secret about why the wealthy hate Obamacare? 3.8% We hear the right-wing screaming all ...259 comments 891 Recs
- There they were, four regulars of NBC’s Sunday morning political gabfest known as Meet the Press, host David Gregory, Andrea Mitchell, David Brooks, Chuck Todd, and the first time appearance of ...260 comments 693 Recs
- On the afternoon of November 22, 1963, I was in the library at Georgetown University Law School when I learned that President Kennedy had been shot. That was 50 years ago today, but for my wife ...95 comments 196 Recs
- What Happens When an Autistic 3rd Grader Brings Her Dad's Camping Knife to School Because It's ShinySo, I'm not really sure why I'm writing this diary, honestly. It's going to be rambling, and probably depressing, but I've got to get out what we've been going though lately. I've written a few ...258 comments 119 Recs
- No, she's not running for president.741 comments 249 Recs
- It appears that a certain segment of this site, from top to bottom, want to redefine the mission of this site for such a purpose. It's pretty clear that a lot of people here share a genuine hatred ...1125 comments 303 Recs
- [Cross-posted at The Left Coaster. ] One time in the 2006 Christmas season I was just hanging around the threads at Daily Kos, the topic turned to food and cooking and it was instantly apparent ...327 comments 624 Recs
- Back in the 1970s when I took my first graduate course in health policies, I was surprised to find the U.S. was not first in stuff like life expectancy and infant mortality. I think we were 5th in ...81 comments 185 Recs
- Republican Idaho Congressman Mike Simpson is by no means a moderate. During his 14 years in office, Simpson has consistently received high marks by some of the nation's leading conservative ...5 comments 7 Recs
- I was one of the Dems who was FURIOUS at POTUS Obama for not having a public option and making health care mandatory. But today I am one of few who has been on healthcare.gov, created an account, ...38 comments 23 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.