Posting History for freedapeople
|NH's First Transgender Rep Elected
The teabag/"free state" Republican legislature headed by Speaker Bill O'Brien was sent packing by NH voters this past Tuesday. Also notable: NH has the first all female congressional delegation, a ...
|NH Speaker: "Gays Seek to Destroy Society"
Last week there was a rally held at the New Hampshire State House to repeal the marriage equality law. Organized by Rep. David Bates (R-Windham), who has made repeal a personal goal, spending ...
|KosAbility: Attitude Adjustment
I had an idea in mind when I volunteered to write the diary for today. It was going to be about being a direct support worker, meaning I help an intellectually disabled (aka mentally retarded) man ...
|Birthers Gone Wild in New Hampshire
New Hampshire has been hopping with birther activity lately. Birther Queen herself, Orly Taitz,
|NH State Rep Says Cop Stopped Him Because of Vote Against Collective Bargaining
In the department of WTF, NH State Representative Gary Wheaton (R-Seabrook) resigned his seat after being stopped for reckless driving while his license was suspended. ...
|Breaking: NH House Republicans to End Collective Bargaining
This is very hot off the presses, but New Hampshire Democratic Party Chair Raymond Buckley reports that NH House Republicans have added an amendment to ...
|NH State Rep: Let Cancer Patients Hold a Bake Sale to Pay for Treatment
New Hampshire State Representative Jeannine Notter (R-Merrimack) was videotaped during a committee hearing telling cancer patients to drum up "community support" via bake sales to pay for treatment. ...
|WHEE: 21 Days Later
My husband and I decided to purify our digestive systems for the New Year. We ate a very restrictive diet for three weeks, supplemented by nutritional shakes and vitamins and herbs. Follow over the ...
|WHEE: Starting the New Year with a Digestive Cleanse
Here's a New Year's Eve WHEE diary to ring in the new year with a re-newed digestive system. (I hope) WHEE (Weight, Health, Eating and Exercise) is a community support diary for ...
Yeah, so I've been reading diary after diary, comment after comment. "Health care reform sucks. I've been working for this for two years. I'm done". "Afghan War sucks, I helped Obama get elected. ...
|SheKos: Paid Family and Sick Leave, Not
This diary was born from a comment I made in an earlier She Kos diary about women, ...
|Two Minutes of Hate in NH
Today is Ray Buckley's birthday. He is the first openly gay male vice chair of the DNC and the only openly gay chair of a state Democratic party.
|The Naked Guy
As young teens on warm spring and summer nights we often congregated in parking lots. Our town was long and skinny and we’d usually meet somewhere in the middle. For a while, this mid-point ...
|WHEE: Just Beginning
I must admit I almost forgot I'd agreed to post a diary in this series. So, just after my daily walk with Lacey the dog, and before a meeting, here I go...
|Marriage Equality in NH: Some Backstory
Just a couple of minutes ago, the NH House of Representatives concurred with language passed in the State Senate and required by the Governor before he would sign HB436, the marriage equality bill, ...
|NH State Senate Passes Marriage Equality!
The New Hampshire State Senate passed a marriage equality bill this afternoon, overturning the original Senate Judiciary Committee recommendation that it be voted Inexpedient to Legislate. This was ...
|Earth Day Tribute-Marjorie Spock
Marjorie Spock (1904-2008), younger sister of famous child development expert and peace activist Benjamin Spock played a pivotal, if not well known role in the writing and eventual publication of ...
|Our CSA: A Perspective
A couple of years ago I attended an international conference of people working on social issues. The conference was in my rural New England area, and it was great to see how they viewed it. One of ...
|Red vs Blue
For many long years, some say eight, I say twenty-eight, this country has been divided into so-called red states and so-called blue states. The former are, of course Republican, conservative, "Bible ...
|Chicken Little Didn't End Well
There has been a lot of hand-wringing and "the sky is falling" coming from many progressives. Each poll where McCain seems to be ahead. Sarah Palin ad naseum. Karl Rove is an evil genius who cannot ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by freedapeople
- Good evening, Kossacks, and welcome to WYFP. First, here is a word from our sponsors: WYFP is our community's Saturday evening gathering to talk about our problems, empathize with one another, and ...148 comments 82 Recs
- There should be voices singing laments, old songs for a new burning time. There should be drums pounding, feet marching, by the hundreds of thousands. Black feet, white feet, ...19 comments 31 Recs
- Good evening, Kossacks, and welcome to WYFP. Here's a word from our sponsors: WYFP is our community's Saturday evening gathering to talk about our problems, empathize with one another, and share ...152 comments 90 Recs
- All he was doing was going out to get pizza.136 comments 127 Recs
- With so much debate around the seeming return of Measles - in part spurred by those who were not vaccinated, and putting more at risk, many friends have reminded me of this statement about the ...800 comments 659 Recs
- For those who haven't heard, MsSpent Youth got word this morning that Cedwyn 's gone downhill overnight. We haven't had any word since then (that I am aware of) and I think everyone's decided to ...226 comments 624 Recs
- The happiest place on earth ... unless you're carrying an infectious disease. Take your vaccinations, people! What started as a measles ...471 comments 251 Recs
- The American public deserves better. Before Cleveland police department officer Timothy Loehmann ...91 comments 170 Recs
- On the first day of this new year, Sara R posted a diary informing us of some rotten, horrible, news. Our Cedwyn was very ill and the outlook was not looking promising. It still isn't. And I just ...282 comments 357 Recs
- Dr. William Edward Burghardt DuBois. The one. The only. The Real Question- a rant By Chitown Kev Take it away, Dr. DuBois : BETWEEN me and the other world there is ever an unasked question: ...116 comments 108 Recs
- No current results.