Posting History for geekydee
|Uber in the news again
Seems poor Uber can't get a break. It appears that the California affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) can proceed with their class action suit against Uber for violating ADA laws.
|Will some judges never learn?
Haven't seen this here yet, so here goes: With the Friday ruling by the U.S. District Judge Callie V.S. Granade in the couple's favor, the Court declared both Alabama's statutory and constitutional ...
|US: House panel rejects LGBT veterans’ benefits bill (+rant)
From Pink News Wednesday: A US House of Representatives panel has rejected a bill that would have ensured that same-sex spouses of veterans receive benefits regardless of the state they live in. ...
|Need help understanding
So, a corporation and can direct and somewhat control an employee's medical care now. And it is legal. Because "it" decides it has an obligation to "it's" religion. Now I wonder, how much longer ...
|MO Supreme Court affirms denial of same sex benefits
In a 5-2 decision, the Missouri State Supreme Court dismssed an appeal of the denial of survivor benefits in Kelly D. Glossip, Appellant, vs. Missouri Department of Transportation and Highway Patrol ...
|Why don't politicians "get" it?
Today I voted. I felt I had to with the politicians on the school board after a major prop tax increase. From ConnectMidMissouri.com , comes this gem: Luther said he would never underestimate how ...
|Goodbye tears, a Shadow has passed
My last mini diary was on a story by Anne Kolaczyk titled Choices , Now, those tears are my own. I was up late last night with my parents and noticed Shadow, our 20 year old gray tabby striped cat ...
|You Chose Tears
This is dedicated to any and all woozie and pootie lovers out there and to those that have pets across the spectrum. I found this years ago on another site with the author unknown but have since ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by geekydee
- [Edited (3:59 AM PDT): Time for some sleep, I'll check in this afternoon!] [Edited to add (3:39 AM PDT): Likely my last edit before I try to get some sleep. greenbird directed me to the Guardian's ...163 comments 71 Recs
- Missouri will be spending money on lots of these signs, instead of road repairs Republican anti-tax fetishists in the Missouri Legislature have killed an extremely modest proposal to increase the ...10 comments 20 Recs
- With all the problems we have had with Comcast merging with Time Warner, AT&T trying to merge with Direct TV, here is a new one for you. I have been a customer of Verizon for 25 years, since they ...21 comments 13 Recs
- Globalization: The New World Order. What lies beyond the thrust of this Free Trade article is the inevitable growth of robotic automation replacing human labor in the not too distant future, which ...3 comments 10 Recs
- Mass graves highly thought to be those of migrant workers were found in Malaysia days after an amendment to the Trade Promotion Authority prohibiting human trafficking, child and slave labor, passed ...139 comments 152 Recs
- Because he clearly didn't know. 2 guys are at a bar, the waitress is nearby...waiting. She approaches the man on the further barstool with what appears to be the check and he responds by trying to ...53 comments 111 Recs
- What does that mean? It means that the trusty MacBook that has powered the show for three years is on the blink, and might have to go live on the Apple Farm, if you know what I'm saying. But, ...2 comments 3 Recs
- found on CNN Essentially, the police raided - actually raid is too strong: they executed a search warrant with no report of theatrics - this man's house and found this and posted it. It was ...24 comments 31 Recs
- I'm waiting to board a flight back to Chicago from Paris and I just noticed that Anne Meara has died . These days she is perhaps best known as the mother of Ben Stiller and the wife of Jerry ...15 comments 51 Recs
- No current results.