Posting History for gpk3
|Good sign for Dems...Barone predicts Repub Wave
Though many Republican pundits got the 2012 results wrong, it's possible that the winner of the "Most Wrong" award was Michael Barone. His prediction that Romney would win 315 electoral votes may ...
|Will be in Brazil on Election Day
Not really a diary...sorry. I have known about an upcoming business trip to Sao Paulo, Brazil for many months and I knew that it would cover "election week", but I think it is only hitting me now ...
|Just got a Romney robocall...in Chicago!
This is more astonished venting than diary, but I just received a breathless Romney robocall from a (202) area code to my home outside Chicago. This is as blue an area as you can find, and we are a ...
|Attack Ad That Is Killing Mitt Romney In Ohio
This is the headline of a story in BusinessInsider that caught my eye. I hadn't seen this ad before but I agree that it's one of the best I've seen from Priorities USA Action. I think it's also ...
|Is Mitt Romney becoming George Costanza?
In today's New York Times , there is an article comparing the debate prep being done by Romney and Obama. Below is the paragraph that reminds me of the Seinfeld episode (called "The Comeback") where ...
|Idea for an ad
Romney is doubling down on his Bain experience. It feels an awful lot like 2000 when we heard nothing but how much "real world" experience Dubya had in the oil industry. We all know how that went. ...
|RNC's Self-Inflicted Wound
The RNC continues to make the argument that President Obama will do and say anything to get elected. They have chosen to highlight Stephanie Cutter's (accurate) comments about Romney's time at Bain ...
|Is "Wonk" the new "Maverick"?
In the week since Mitt Romney announced Paul Ryan as his running mate, the word "wonk" has been liberally used to describe both Ryan and, to a lesser extent, Romney. Ryan is favorably described as "...
|Swifter Boater -> Birther
It's not terribly surprising, but Larry Bailey, the power and money behind the OPSEC "Swift Boating" of Obama, has come out as a birther. An article in Foreign Policy lays it all out: "I have to ...
|Palin's elite spending habits
Politico is reporting on Sarah's fine taste in clothes. Let's get this out there especially when she decides to take on the elites ...
|Revoked by FreeRepublic
A brief note to say that I signed on to FreeRepublic in order to respond to the ridiculous claims being made by their "FReepers". I was given a login and was allowed to respond. Rather than go after ...
|Highway to the Danger Zone
I was listening to NPR this morning and they were reporting on the McSame rally in Ohio yesterday. The music that was playing at the rally was Kenny Loggins' Highway to the Danger Zone . ...
|Playing the Expectations Game with POLL
I know that this has been said before and maybe I'm just worried more than I should be, but it seems to me that we are all falling into the trap of lowering the expectations so much for Sarah Palin ...
|Even the AP is snarking
I know it's just a small thing, but listen to the tone of this first paragraph from an AP story:
|19% Approval Rating?
The ARG has released a poll indicating that George W. Bush's overall job approval has matched its low in American Research Group ...
|McCain's Plan for Healthcare...Make it like Banking (updated)
New York Times is reporting on John McCain's ideas about what should be done with the health care system:
|Character and Honor
Andrew Sullivan nails it on the head with this amazing rebuke of John McCain. This should be sent to ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by gpk3
- The letter by 47 Senators and members of Congress trying to undermine negotiations between Iran, the United States and the 5 + 1 group is a pretty clear violation of the Logan Act : "Any citizen of ...221 comments 379 Recs
- A lot of you know that I had kind of a close election last time. I won by 312 votes. And when you win by 312 votes, you know that there are a lot of people out there who worked hard, who made more ...85 comments 422 Recs
- Daily Kos: WOW. Guess Who Just Endorsed Obama? THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE: "Obama has earned another term" dailykos.com/story/2012/10/… via @ dailykos — therehastobeaway (@THTBAW)385 comments 669 Recs
- The reaction to Scott Brown's offensive comments yesterday has been widespread condemnation across the board. No one is defending him, not even the local Fox News affiliate. Conservative commentator ...165 comments 515 Recs
- The FBI has arrested Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis for attempting to blow up the New York Federal Reserve Building. Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis , 21, was arrested this morning in ...179 comments 206 Recs
- President Obama is getting in on the binders: "Science and technology, engineering, and math ... we should make sure all our young people, our daughters as well as our sons, are thriving in these ...90 comments 229 Recs
- Dick. My operating theory of this race has been that it was over when Republicans ...442 comments 443 Recs
- I wasn't able to watch the debate last night, so I've read a few diaries about it and am currently streaming it from YouTube. Through all the BS that I've heard in political debates, I've been ...304 comments 726 Recs
- Short and sweet. PBO has been endorsed recently by the Philadelphia Inquirer, Pennsylvania's largest daily newspaper, AND the Winston-Salem Journal of North Carolina. What makes this even more ...101 comments 376 Recs
- This is not a mere pants on fire lie. “We don’t have a setting across this country where if you don’t have insurance, we just say to you, ‘Tough luck, you’re going to die when you have ...173 comments 678 Recs
- No current results.