Posting History for grape crush
|"[T]heir dilemma is our disaster."
Passing along an interesting read on the epic dysfunction of our current Congress, courtesy of Esquire :Not long ago, animated by the public mood about Congress and its current historic ineptitude ...
|Michigan's GOP Candidate for U.S. Senate Missteps Again
I've always been of the opinion that you can tell how well a politician will govern based on the quality of the campaign they're running. That's not good for Michigan's Republican candidate for US ...
|"Wonder Woman's Secret Past"
Passing this along, because, well, it's interesting . From Jill Lepore at the The New Yorker , a story about the real-world origins of the comic book character and the real-life story of her creators:
|My Day At Netroots Nation 2014
Let me say this up front: y'all aren't going to like some of what's in this diary. I don't agree with Markos Moulitsas' decision to not involve DailyKos in the 2015 edition of the Netroots ...
|"I Don't Need Feminism Because I Support Equality"
When I saw the Women Against Feminism Facebook page, it left me near-speechless. Which isn't easy to do. 0 There's a Tumblr page for it as well. As Amanada Marcotte of Pandagon gently puts it :......
|Other Things to Do in Detroit While You Are Here
*Pre-script: I just saw that Peregrine Kate posted a diary on the same subject . She's part of the Welcome Team and I'm not; this diary shouldn't be considered an official or near-official guide on ...
|On Corruption and New York's Moreland Commission to Investigate Public Corruption
I ran across Max Ehrenfreund's interview with New York gubernatorial candidate, Zephyr Teachout in the Washington Post. Teachout is attempting to mount a Democratic primary challenge to New York Gov.
|Moral Mondays, The Musical!
Passing along, to start the week off right. ( h/t , who apparently needs to hat tip someone themselves)
|On "An Unfortunate Accident"
Various sources are reporting this comment from Republican Senate candidate Joni Ernst regarding Elliot Rodger's shooting rampage at UC Santa Barbara: "Yes, I would say to this viewer that what ...
|The 2014 Elections and the Age of Universal Deceit
(h/t to George Orwell for the title 0) Everybody lies. Big lies, little white lies, lies told in what is thought to be in the service of a greater good...even lies we tell to make ourselves feel ...
|On Bundyville and Populism
(I'm referring to it as 'Bundyville' because the inhabitants of the town of Bunkerville are kind of fed up with the whole situation .) If it weren't for the guns and stated willingness to use them, ...
|On Conservatives' Slow Acceptance of Climate Change
It's been a few weeks since the latest U.N. Intergovernmental Climate Change report (.pdf) was made public and I'm noticing a slow shift away from outright denialism from the Right to a seemingly ...
|The Skills-Education-Employment Dodge
What sounds like a bit of good news was announced announced Wednesday :Emphasizing skills training as key to a growing middle class, President Barack Obama on Wednesday announced $600 million in ...
|No More MSNBC for Me
Not that I watched Morning Joe, but I'll miss Maddow and Hayes. Here's the message from the programming director of MSNBC, who by coincidence is also the Communications Director for the ...
|The Ark and the Intersection of Faith, Politics, and Finance
After engaging in a quick bit of schadenfreude over the probable failure of the fundamentalist Answers in Genesis (AiG) ministry's - yes, they're the same organization who gave us the Creation ...
|Inconvenient Questions Regarding Detroit's Bankruptcy
Over at Salon, David Sirota has asked-and-answered a few questions concerning Detroit's bankruptcy proceedings... 1. Why are Detroit officials simultaneously moving to cut municipal workers’ ...
|An Increase to the Minimum Wage is Inevitable
Typical reasons as to why we should increase the minimum wage include boosting the economy and reducing the overall poverty level. Raising the minimum wage is even popular with a majority of ...
|There Are Many Laws I Would Like to Be Able to Ignore
But I can't because I'm not my own religion. Or something. I mean, if a company can rely on a claim of personhood in order to ignore legislation its owners oppose, why can't I?* Anyway, we've heard ...
|Politico Sucks, Part the Infinity
Yesterday, it was a 'sea change' in millennials' support for Obama and today it's this :A column in Politico magazine today makes the astonishing claim that President Obama and Health and Human ...
|"How GOP and big banks sabotaged Detroit"
Not a lot of comment on this, other than to say it jibes with my own personal observations . From a Salon interview with a former banker :After this decision came out, Joe Scarborough said to his ...
|Millenials Hate Obamacare
Yes, that's an overstatement...but we're about to hear much ado about a new Harvard Institute of Politics poll of millennials that has the straight and GOPer media all a-fluster. From Time : “We’
|The other Detroit pension fraud
We're not having a clean discussion over Detroit's budget problems; the focus on pension payouts is being blown way out of proportion Pension benefits overall are middle-of-the-road, income-wise. ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by grape crush
- By now, most news-watchers are at least aware of a bit of Americana being played out in the streets of Jefferson County Colorado, an affluent collection of bedroom communities adjacent to the ...88 comments 74 Recs
- Originally posted at Eclectablog . My reporting on the Michigan Republican Party's odious mailer encouraging people to call the phone of the ailing mother of Democratic candidate for Michigan’s ...58 comments 268 Recs
- This was supposed to be published this morning, before the news broke - so I am leaving it as written. The specifics of price are different but the content is the same. W hy is Microsoft buying ...106 comments 58 Recs
- It is impossible for me to begin to write anything about the events of 9-11 without first bowing my head and taking a moment of silence in remembrance of all those who died and the grief which still ...269 comments 601 Recs
- Fastest Internet in US? It's Chattanooga, TN, Thanks to Local and Fed $$$ (Ps. Big Cable Very Angry)Yes, you read that right. Internet speeds as fast as 1 gigabit gigabyte per second are the norm in the city of Chattanooga, Tennessee . Not the spot you might have predicted, would you. Certainly ...111 comments 357 Recs
- If you’re going to read only one article about the incredibly FUBAR’ed state of what’s falsely referenced as “law and order” in St. Louis County, Missouri (and as it directly relates to ...193 comments 396 Recs
- No justice for Hollie Boyles and Shelby Boyles, killed by teen who wasn't black. Ethan Couch , teen hooligan. On June 15, 2013, according to authorities and trial testimony, Couch was ...378 comments 406 Recs
- Two years ago this July , the scientific team at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, used the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) to confirm the existence of the Higgs boson , the most ...82 comments 206 Recs
- Originally published in Tikkun Daily On the ground in Gaza, Israel's war against Hamas has been devastating . Online and in the public sphere, a different sort of war has been taking place – a ...495 comments 372 Recs
- Yes, gun hipsters are a thing now. I don't know how many times we have to point out that the NRA is now an extremist organization before media ...224 comments 107 Recs
grape crush's Tags
- No current results.
grape crush's Blogroll
- No current results.