Posting History for greenkrete
|End poverty in the US--$100 billion gap
Poverty in the US is a continuing problem. In 2013 45.3 million Americans were living in poverty, 14.5% of the total population. It turns out that the scope of the problem is roughly $100 billion ...
|Antidote for Walmart-itis. The Vertically-Integrated Community
A vertically-integrated community can meld community businesses, infrastructure, education, care, and other resources to provide decent wages and benefits. Can this serve as antidote to Walmart-itis?
|Kos scoops Google News--Congrats!
Congrats DailyKos! Once again, you've scooped all the major internet outlets!
|Know Your 10 Commandments--Memory Aids
gf120581 's hilarious diary recounted how 'Defender of the 10 Commandments' Georgia Senator Lynn Westmoreland (R) was stumped when Colbert asked what they were. Stumped! "What are all of them? You ...
|Breaking: States with Democratic Govs had 15% better unemployment numbers than states with GOP Govs
Virginia Governor McDonnell's claims that GOP Governors are driving the improving economy are wrong. Check it yourself! States with Democratic Governors for the week ending January 28th had 15% ...
|Building Better Trucks
Today trucks carry 70% of US commercial freight.  The future of trucks and trucking matters to all of us.  Many existing technologies could benefit both the US trucking industry and the ...
|300,000 New Jobs; Save $2 Trillion; Total Cost to Gov $0
The Opportunity A well-crafted rescue program could save US homeowners $2 trillion dollars over a decade. This proposed program averts a growing housing crisis, creates 300,000 ...
|A Perfect Military Intervention for the Aghanistan war
A proven and humane technology could end violence in the Afghanistan conflict within a few months.
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by greenkrete
- Good guy, Stephen Colbert gives a lesson in charitable giving.318 comments 775 Recs
- GOP’s Senate budget (rec'd via email): - slashes programs for K-12 education - cuts Pell Grants that help low-income students attend college - repeals the Affordable Care Act - ...9 comments 13 Recs
- Gee, who would have guessed ? A Texas high school is in the middle of a chlamydia outbreak, officials say. But according to the school district's student handbook, it does not offer ...160 comments 200 Recs
- Recall all the stories telling us how Likud and Benjamin ("Bibi") Netanyahu had won a great victory at the polls on March 17th ??? Well, it's not just Fox News. They all had it wrong. Netanyahu's ...113 comments 66 Recs
- I'm here in Nepal, still. My work involves teaching critical care skills to nurses and doctors . In the Kathmandu Valley, 800 professionals had taken this training, and I'm told that it was put to ...9 comments 21 Recs
- Here's how useless Congress is: A conference committee of the House and Senate, dominated by the majority of Republicans, are ...22 comments 25 Recs
- From Gov. Walker's Friday "E-Update": As a part of our trade mission, The Water Council, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC), and Veolia, an international water company based in ...20 comments 38 Recs
- The New York Times ' Timothy Egan reminds us not to lose sight of the real enemy : While the political press was obsessing over what Hillary Clinton had for lunch, the real action this month in ...24 comments 77 Recs
- Hi! I'm Bob Krause, and I am running against Chuck Grassley for US Senate in 2016. The Iowa Democratic party is yearning for a populist message. People want to break the cycle of stagnant wages ...3 comments 2 Recs
- For the last year, I and several others have covered the rise in seismicity in Oklahoma and Kansas . The earthquakes in these two states, coupled with earthquakes in Texas, Colorado, and Ohio, ...107 comments 193 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.