Below you'll find recent contributions related to gshenaut's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|"Black People Had War Declared on Them By Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf."
On Thursday, May 21st, 2015, Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, in response to window breaking during ...
|Due to historic drought, California forced to take extreme measures to save the salmon||Jen Hayden||05/22/2015||3|
|GFHC: German Genealogy #2
This diary continues where our Community’s suspended Friday “Open Thread” series leaves off…. What are you doing, genealogically speaking, this Memorial Day weekend? Some “tips” on ...
|Protesters converge on Nestlé bottling plants in Sacramento and LA
The outrage over the bottling of California water by Nestlé, Walmart and other big corporations during a record drought has become viral on social media and national and international press ...
|CA-Sen: Watch Kamala Harris (D) Rock The California Democratic Party Convention
Received this e-mail today from Attorney General Kamala Harris' (D. CA) U.S. Senate campaign:
|California pipeline bursts near popular Santa Barbara beach, 4-mile-long oil slick on beaches
A portion of the 4-mile-wide oil spill near Santa Barbara, CA Campers at popular Refugio State Beach in California were alarmed by noxious fumes and notified authorities, who discovered ...
|Elizabeth Warren fires up Democrats in California
In case you missed this, it was a pretty stirring speech: Elizabeth Warren at CA Democratic Convention 2015 link to video Published on May 16, 2015 -- cademorg Senator Elizabeth Warren ...
|Unbelievable: Democratic congresswoman mocks Indians with clueless 'war whoop'||David Nir||05/18/2015||117|
|100 California Officials Ask Gov. Brown for Fracking Moratorium
Californians Against Fracking just issued the following press release on a letter signed by 100 California officials calling on Governor Jerry Brown to halt the environmentally-destructive practice ...
|Buckle up, California–scientists predict you're about to ride one hell of a long heat wave
If you live in Southern California, better get used to seeing thermometers rise As if the drought in California weren't bad enough, scientists are predicting Los Angeles temps are going ...
|GFHC: German Genealogy #1
Last week we announced that the “Open Thread” series of Fridays would be suspended. But everyone is still welcome to submit diaries to the Community!! I will be posting on Fridays, when I post ...
|The Last Hanging in Tombstone
While going through some old family papers I came upon this document. Charging document for Thomas and William Halderman, signed by Wm. Momonier April 7, 1899. It is a court document charging two ...
|California Senate just passed a bill to end personal belief exemptions for vaccinations
Three cheers for common sense! Today the California Senate passed Bill SB277, meaning parents can no longer opt out of vaccinations for their publicly schooled children ...
|We finally have a contested Senate race in California, as Loretta Sanchez kicks off her campaign
Newly declared Democratic Senate candidate Loretta Sanchez Attorney General Kamala Harris has had the Democratic field to herself for the last few months, allowing her to build a war chest and rack ...
Recommended by gshenaut
- In the wake of the Charlie Hebdo killings in Paris, I thought it would be a good idea to provide background information on the prohibition of depicting the human form in Islam, including the Prophet ...96 comments 306 Recs
- This is a compilation of witness statements in the ...262 comments 287 Recs
- "Reality," Stephen Colbert famously explained to ...34 comments 38 Recs
- 276 comments 73 Recs
- Love it. Rand Paul, patron saint of people who have deep principles but no particular intellectual desire or capability to find out what those principles are,99 comments 86 Recs
- click to literally ...49 comments 66 Recs
- William Caxton started printing in Westminster (England) in 1476. His publication of Thomas Malory’s Le Morte d’Arthur was the first print bestseller in English. While the printing press helped ...27 comments 89 Recs
- Why the Fourth Amendment Sucks (And Doesn't Prevent Mass Electronic Surveillance): A Factual HistoryThe NSA Programs Are Constitutional Because The Constitution Sucks on Electronic Surveillance and Always Has We have to face an unsettling fact: The Fourth Amendment sucks . In the light of recent ...190 comments 132 Recs
- I've made no secret of my utter disdain for both Edward Snowden's lawbreaking and for his agent/advocate Glenn Greenwald, both in how they've spun the story, manipulated the press like masterful ...1392 comments 305 Recs
- I watch the constant heaping of praise and agreement for Edward Snowden's actions and am dumbfounded over and over.233 comments 26 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.