Below you'll find recent contributions related to hailanzhiguang's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Black Kos, Tuesday Chile
(Some) white folks haven't changed in over 40 years.* (Image courtesy of The Center of the Study of Political Graphics. Cartoonist is possibly Emory Douglas, former Minister of Culture for the Black ...
|Police at Station with #FreddieGray's Limp Body: "We gave him a run for his money"
Now that charges have been filed in the Police Murder of Freddie Gray we've begun to hear the excuses and counter claims that the Prosecutor " Overcharged ", was "Politically Motivated" in ...
|Frank Vyan Walton||05/04/2015||233|
|Anti-Muslim Activist Pamela Geller: Obama is The Love Child of Malcolm X
Two men have been shot dead after opening fire outside of an exhibit of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad in Garland, Texas. The exhibit was being held in the Curtis Culwell Center, where the ...
|Hillary Clinton on foreign policy: Critical perspectives from the Left
Still Life with Deciders and ...
|The most racist areas in the United States
Colors changed so the map can be seen by all. Original is below the fold. Click ...
|'Sir, are you injured anywhere?' vs. 'F*ck your breath.' Only one kind of approach provokes riots
No snarky comment here. Not for this image. 'Why?' It's the most useful one word sentence in the English language. It's how we begin the search for causes, for understanding, for truth. We have to ...
|Voices of May Day: How Emma Goldman, at Age 18, Became an Activist
Haymarket Tragedy Note: This is not presented as a general overview of May Day history and the Haymarket Martyrs. For a general overview, please ...
|4 ShelterBoxes and 525 towards 5th and Matching funds still not exhausted!
There are still matching funds available!!!!! Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Can print the donation form here https://35409.thankyou4caring....
|On 'riots' and roots
Langston Hughes' poem, " Harlem " has been floating around in my head, as I watch footage from Baltimore. What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? Or fester like ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/03/2015||188|
|R.I.P. A Garden Grew in Oakland Today.
Oscar Grant Plaza filled Saturday afternoon with a couple hundred people come to the first #BlackSpring event in Oakland. The organizers came up with a great idea, an its already spread across the ...
|WYFP: My Ben Affleck Problem
Good evening, Kossacks, and welcome to WYFP. First, here is a word from our sponsors: WYFP is our community's Saturday evening gathering to talk about our problems, empathize with one another, and ...
|blue jersey mom||05/02/2015||148|
|Community Quilt for Otteray Scribe's Daughter, CelticLassie URGENT
TrueBlueMajority's quilt It breaks my heart that this quilt is needed -- yet it is needed, urgently. UPDATE: The situation is dire. CelticLassie's brother and sister-in-law are on their way. ...
|Derby Day Party and Fundraiser for elenacarlena
I am joining [Most Awesome Nana http://www.dailykos.com/user/Most%20Awesome%20Nana] and several others in the [Community Fundraisers http://www.dailykos.com/user/Community%20Fundraisers] ...
|Most Awesome Nana||05/02/2015||180|
|Megyn Kelly Starts Ball Rolling On Smearing Freddie Gray
Early in the Ferguson case, Megyn Kelly conducted an interview with an ‘anonymous source’ who claimed that Michael Brown had severely beaten Darren Wilson to the point the latter required ...
|Officers Charged in Gray Case Get Lower Bail Than Rioters
The Baltimore Sun is reporting that all six officers in the Freddie Gray case are out on bail. All six police officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray were released from the Central Booking ...
|Become Maladjusted to Injustice! MBOPRA, STDDs, Week 35
If there is one name that has been uttered more often than Freddie Gray's over the past week, it has been that of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King. We know that the criminal, heartless Right Wing ...
|Black Kos, Week In Review
Commentary: African American Scientists and Inventors by Black Kos Editor, Sephius1 John P. Parker (1827 – February 4, 1900) was an African-American abolitionist, inventor, iron moulder and ...
|Beyond Baltimore and Freddie Gray: How Race Riots and Theft Made White America
Baltimore’s young people responded to the police theft of Freddie Gray’s life with protests that eventually grew into a spasm of violence. While the direct motivator, Gray’s death is not the ...
|UPDATED: Asst Wayne Cty prosecutor re: Baltimore protesters: "Shoot em. Period. End of discussion."
Originally posted at Eclectablog.com . Shoot 'em? Teana Walsh, an assistant Wayne County, Michigan prosecutor posted this on her Facebook page after watching images of protesters and rioters in ...
|Holy Crap. "Depraved Heart Murder"? UPDATE: FOP channels Frank Nitti
Thanks to reporters Mark Puente & Wesley Lowery for the screen shot: The official list of charges against the 6 officers (not 1, not 2, not 3...*six*) is out:
|Breaking: Mosby to File Homicide Charges in Freddy Gray Case
The Washington Post is reporting that Maryland State Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby has found probable case to file homicide charges in the death of Freddie Gray. Baltimore prosecutor: Probable cause to ...
|R.I.P Ben E. King
It is being reported that Ben E. King has died of natural causes. He was 76. Bestest cover of Stand by me ever.
|Updated route of Baltimore Police van proves they were deliberately off course with Freddie Gray
Freddie Gray being loaded into the Baltimore Police Van. Again, because the Baltimore Police refuse to release any real statements from the officers involved in the April 12th arrest and April 19th ...
|Geert Wilders. An ill wind blowin' to Texas
Geert Wilders, heads the far-right Party for Freedom (PVV) in The Netherlands At the invitation of Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), and Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), one of the most divisive bigots in ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/01/2015||65|
|CA Kossack aitchdee: Struggling to Make It to SSDI
This is a followup diary to the one I posted last week ,
|Baltimore Police Triggered the Riots
Mother Jones magazine reported that police actions triggered the riot.
|Public Defender Describes Vile And Illegal Conditions Of Baltimore Citizens Being Held In Jail
Photo courtesy of J.M. Giordano at the Baltimore City Paper Public Defender Marci Tarrant Johnson posted this story on ...
|Boom! 4 ShelterBoxes bought 425 dollars toward box 5
(WLS photos) Donate here... https:
|"We Celebrated That Mother in Baltimore."
"Now Are We Willing to Face Our Own Hypocrisy?" That is the question asked yesterday by [Goldie Taylorhttp://bluenationreview.com/we-celebrated-that-mother-in-baltimore-now-are-we-willing-to-face-...
|Responses To The SCOTUS Marriage Equality Hearing Along With A Few Predictions
In the aftermath of the SCOTUS oral arguments in the marriage equality cases heard yesterday, much of the national media is reporting that the SCOTUS justices are "divided" on the issue of ...
|Baltimore: Over 1,000 Youth March Now w/ Amnesty International Watching
Right now, there are over a thousand young people marching from Penn Station, down Charles and St. Paul Streets over Lexington towards City Hall. Continuing over the last two weeks, The Batimore ...
|Watch a Baltimore protester hand Geraldo Rivera (and the media) his ass
"Don't walk away, just listen to me. Talk to me." A protester in West Baltimore confronted Geraldo Rivera last night before he went to his live shot for Fox News. He went OFF on Geraldo, asking ...
Recommended by hailanzhiguang
- Another year has passed, and China is still under a dictatorship. Students who braved bullets on Tiananmen Square 24 years ago are now in their middle ages. Most of the younger generation in China ...7 comments 11 Recs
- It's the anniversary of June 4, 1989 Tiananmen democracy movement again. We should not forget those who gave their lives for democracy 24 years ago.16 comments 15 Recs
- Sheldon Adelson, the casino magnate that spent over $150 million in independent expenditures to help Republican candidates in the 2012 elections, has admitted to bribing foreign officials : "There ...13 comments 24 Recs
- My son left a job on Wall St. and moved to China to work and study Mandarin. He also recorded a hip-hop album while in Beijing and just recently filmed a music video for one song in Atlanta. I'm ...5 comments 6 Recs
- The mainstream media has largely been acting as the accessory to Ping Fu's lying. One of my previous diaries dealt with Sir Harold Evans. Another example of the horrific performance by the media is ...7 comments 5 Recs
- Making good use of resources real journalists have, the Guardian has joined the fray in the controversy regarding Ping Fu's autobiography, Bent, not Break: A Life in Two Worlds . Joining in the ...120 comments 14 Recs
- The main part of this diary came from a comment by a reader Lang Lang on a book review of Ping Fu's Bend, not Break: A Life in Two Worlds . For more background, please read my previous diaries, ...103 comments 6 Recs
- This diary is a part in a long series reviewing the book Bend, not Break: A Life in Two Worlds by Ping Fu. Please read part I , part II , part III ,188 comments 3 Recs
- In Ping Fu's book Bend, not Break: A Life in Two Worlds , the description of her life in Shanghai before the Cultural Revolution does not seem like an average family's life in Shanghai at all. It ...15 comments 5 Recs
- Ping Fu's new book, Bend, not Break: A Life in Two Worlds , stirred a huge controversy because of its conflicting and sometimes nonsensical description of her life in China. In the face of mounting ...13 comments 4 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.