Below you'll find recent contributions related to hannah's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Say Hello to the Anti-Science Party
"We're associated with being anti-everything," Bush said. "Way too many people believe that Republicans are anti-immigrant, anti-woman, anti-science , anti-gay, anti-worker. Many voters are simply ...
|Was the War in Iraq a Mistake?
"Seldom in the course of human history have so many sacrificed so dearly to achieve so little." That was a quote within a post, I dared to write (and was dared to write) -- some 2 months ago: Was ...
|Christie Asks for an Apology -- Then he Asks us to Imagine ... What If?
I think I'll skip the Apology part of his Reputation-makeover tour right now, and instead take a few moments to imagine Chris Christie with his thumb on the Delete button. Hey he asked us to ... "...
|Oil, Water, and Sand
When will we ever learn, these three basic ingredients -- Don't really Mix. Oil Spill Worse Than First Thought (Video) NBC News Channel -- May 21, ...
|The Run-up to Iraq War: Mother Jones Timeline
Since so many are in the " Iraq Revisionist " mode lately, I thought I'd post this VERY informative Timeline. Hopefully, it might put some helpful "side-bars" around all the "what we knew then" ...
|Tech Companies Step-up to Oppose the TPP
This is good to see -- and they make a few ' Patriotic ' arguments too ... Hundreds of tech companies line up to oppose TPP trade agreement by Sam Thielman in New York, theGuardian.com -- May 20, ...
|Elizabeth Warren fires up Democrats in California
In case you missed this, it was a pretty stirring speech: Elizabeth Warren at CA Democratic Convention 2015 link to video Published on May 16, 2015 -- cademorg Senator Elizabeth Warren ...
|Wikileaks update: TPP ~ Revelations
Frankly, I never dreamed that when I posted a diary here during the Bush years titled "Listen up, Whistleblowers!" it would end up on the Wikileaks page, ( Link ) much less, still be relevant during ...
|Marco Rubio Blows the same Iraq War Question “It was Not a Mistake”
Marco Rubio's campaign ran off the rails when Rubio flubbed the answer to what had to be the question he was expecting most: Knowing what we do now was the invasion of Iraq a mistake? (BEGIN ...
|Tesla Powerwall, Take Two: The Pricepoint, The Competition, The Vision
After recapping the Tesla Powerwall last week-end, I commented that I would dig into the tech and the price points, a bit more critically this week-end. SOOOOO, here are a few note-worthy articles ...
|Empowering Corporations One Lawsuit at a time
That is what the Trans-Pacific Partnership will do if it passes into "law" -- as if Corporations needed any more help 'determining our collective destinies'. Corporate Profits will become the end-...
|Bernie's platform is a Progressive Platform
[...] Here it is, in his own words, from the first email of his campaign to supporters last week: Income and wealth inequality : In the U.S. today we have the most unequal wealth distribution of ...
|Royal Dutch Shell Invades Seattle UPDATED
The Mayor of Seattle doesn't want Shell's Polar Pioneer to dock in Seattle. The Seattle City Council doesn't want Shell's Polar Pioneer to dock in Seattle. The Port of Seattle doesn't want Shell'...
|Fast Tracking the TPP -- Pay No Attention to the Fine Print ... (on Child Labor)
Dems are fighting to see the Fine Print. Dems are fighting to add some Fine Print of their own -- specifically concerning the banning of "child labor" and the banning of "forced labor." And then ...
|TPP Fast Track Isn't Dead Yet as Reid & Schumer seek package deal w GOP
Just when we thought we had defeated "Fast Track" trade authority for the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) Senate Democratic "Leaders" are talking with Republicans desperately trying to put together ...
|This is what 'Cheap Labor' looks like in Malaysia, and elsewhere
FORCED LABOR IN THE PRODUCTION OF ELECTRONIC GOODS IN MALAYSIA A Comprehensive Study of Scope and Characteristics by Verité EXECUTIVE SUMMARY [Pg 9] The conditions faced by foreign ...
|Merkley and Sanders Floor Speeches Against Fast Track today
The Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement suffered its first defeat today, as the Senate voted to block the Fast-Track authority sections of this ill-conceived proposal, in no small part due to some ...
|We Can Act on Global Warming or We Can Have TPP But We Can't Do Both
Investor oriented Free Trade under T.P.P. is NOT compatible with taking action to limit Global Warming. Why? Because T.P.P. (like the WTO) includes a poison pill mechanism to penalize any national ...
|Some unheeded National Security Threat warnings
• Dept of Defense : Climate change will affect the Department of Defense's ability to defend the Nation and poses immediate risks to U.S. national security . • ...
|"We have this handy fusion reactor in the sky -- it just works."
Curious hopeful creature that I am, I wanted to learn more about the guy who spoke that insightful sound-bite, last week. Here is what I found out. I thought maybe, you might find it interesting ...
|How Green is that Guy?
Well according to this Super Pac, who's goal is to address "greatest challenge facing ours and future generations," that Guy -- Senator Bernie Sanders -- is pretty darn Green. How Bernie Sanders ...
Recommended by hannah
- Well, another season of campaigning is upon us, and that can only mean... Another season of These Guys !8 comments 17 Recs
- Excellent reporting this weekend from the Wisconsin State Journal digging into one particularly jaw-dropping $500k loan made by Scott Walker's Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) . The ...62 comments 102 Recs
- As we hear and see more and more reports of violence by police officers directed at innocent and not-so-innocent citizens, some observers have commented on the "militarization" of our police forces.75 comments 95 Recs
- Huge factory-like dairies in Yakima, Washington, that confine tens of thousands of cows were applying millions of gallons of manure onto a few fields and calling it “fertilizer.” In fact, some ...79 comments 184 Recs
- In the UK elections, there were two big winners -- the Tories and the Scottish Nationalists. The losers were the pollsters, who believed that there would be another hung parliament, along with ...85 comments 66 Recs
- is the title of this column by Paul Krugman in today's New York Times . It starts with the notion that we still have a problem with race, as exemplified by what happened with Freddie Gray and the ...6 comments 25 Recs
- Nora Levinson is a privileged white woman--she is the CEO of Caeden , a small company that mixes tech hardware with wearable fashion. Last Wednesday, she decided to join the Freddie Gray protests ...16 comments 49 Recs
- from 2015 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner: You won't wanna miss this! full video here Full transcript ...103 comments 207 Recs
- Alice Barker enjoying the rare footage her friends were able to find. The most delightful video of the day. Alice Barker is 102 years old and thanks friends and volunteers at her nursing home in ...94 comments 332 Recs