Posting History for hillbrook green
|O'Malley and Bloomberg: Zero-tolerance advocates!
Yes, that O'Malley, Martin O'Malley, the current darling of the progressives, the presumptive shining white knight who will save us from the deeply flawed Hillary Clinton, sharing the despicable zero-
|WTF is wrong with Dem party leaders??????
Why in the hell are Dem Party leaders giving away the store? Harry Reid floats and supports "idea" after "idea" that totally screw the Democratic Party base and then I read in my newspaper this ...
|RIP - Bob Poli
Bob Poli, former PATCO President, passed on last week. In life he was vilified by ignorant know-nothings after he accepted the direction of PATCO members to lead the union out on strike on August 3, ...
|Before you build a house, look around...
I am only listing the URL since I don't have a license to upload the image below which is owned by the Baltimore Sun, I think. Sorry for the lack of immediate gratification. This photo shows the ...
|A simple question about Moore, Oklahoma
By way of introduction, I was raised in eastern Missouri and spent my first three decades of life in different areas of the Midwest. I have personally witnessed several tornadoes, including one on a ...
|Cautiously optimistic in Tucson
This doesn't seem to have been discussed, but the Democratic Party has a new member in Tucson - City Council Member Steve Kozachik. He was elected to the City Council as a Republican in 2008. For ...
|Effectiveness of NRA campaign contributions
Nobody seems to have mentioned this, but last night Rachel Maddow had a comparative graph of the conservative campaign financing groups showing "bang for the buck" - how much of the money ...
|There are only two types of Republicans:
racists and those who are willing to be associated with racists. Please spread this around liberally. This is the truth. We all know it. Quit being polite around Republicans and force them to ...
|Polls, polls, polls, polls, polls....
No, this isn't more poll results. This is another thing. I believe it is referred to as a "diary". The following represents my own damn thoughts, my own damn opinions, and my own damn conclusions. ...
|So, I went to the emergency room...
I went to the hottest place on earth, Lake Havasu City, Arizona last month for a weekend to see my son and daughter-in-law. I developed some heavy-duty respiratory symptoms while there. When we got ...
|I just donated
to Barack Obama and you should too. Barack Obama support and donate I had not donated in this cycle until today. I support the President fully, but I was going to wait until after the convention ...
|What is happening in Arizona?
As a resident of Arizona, I wake up every morning and eventually ask myself, after watching the news or reading the newspaper, "What the hell is happening here?". Two weeks ago, a Hispanic friend ...
|Arizona State Bar spends over $577K investigating Arpaio crony Andrew Thomas
Just a brief note and links to complement earlier posts by Stephen D and blue aardvark . This March 27, 2011 press release from the State Bar of Arizona ...
|Please vote "NO WAY" on Jan Brewer
The title pretty much says it all. Time Magazine is considering Arizona's Governor Jan Brewer as one of the TIME 100 influential persons for 2012. I wish this was a joke. Please follow the link and ...
|Upper Big Branch Mine disaster: Mine Supt. pleads guilty
Five weeks ago it was reported that federal prosecutors had charged Gary May, former superintendent of the Upper Big Branch Mine, with felony conspiracy for his attempts to thwart federal safety ...
|Upper Big Branch mine: fmr Security Chief sentenced to three years
Last week it was reported that federal prosecutors had filed criminal charges against a former senior supervisor at the Upper Big Branch mine where 29 coal miners died in an underground explosion in ...
|Upper Big Branch Mine - the investigation continues - charges filed
Not long ago people were dismayed to find out that neither Massey Energy nor Alpha Natural Resources (which purchased Massey Energy in 2011) would be charged in the 29 deaths at Upper Big Branch ...
|My morning paper tells me
that the occupiers are now occupying: 1) a church; and 2) an Obama campaign office in Iowa. Let me be the first to congratulate the occupiers on their foresight and fierce determination to go ...
This is a simple request arising from recent news. Please read the entire diary before weighing in. It is very short. Please respect my wishes for direction to the comment thread. I would like to ...
|"This is a Democratic blog, a partisan blog."
... a quote from a diary by kos in 2004 that is included in the meta section entitled What is the purpose of this site? This site is about more and better Democrats, not ...
I'm not a religious person. This video was sent to me today and it made me feel better. I hope it makes you feel better. If not, flame on. There seems to be plenty of that to go around. This ...
|OWS - Tamron Hall MSNBC NOW - UPDATED
Tamron Hall Show on MSNBC is covering OWS now. She seems to be getting into the mood, as it were. She's already interviewed some very eloquest people and really giving pretty good coverage, I think. ...
|I donated money today and I am ashamed.
I donated money today to a fellow Kossack who was talking about suicide because he couldn't afford an $81 prescription. No congratulations, please, because I am actually ashamed of myself. I'm ...
|will someone please get this new person out of here
hurrican13 has only been here a couple of days. Here are three of his comments from just one diary. He's made approximately 100 comments in two days and most of them are just as vile as these.
|Is "shared sacrifice" a code word?
Yesterday, President Obama, in response to a question from a teacher, said he supported public sector unions and everything that they had done, BUT, of course, there had to be "shared sacrifice" by ...
|We're marching, marching to Shibboleth...
Do you really want to save Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid? Tired of waiting for a "hero" to step up? Why not be a hero yourself? The gang of 12 or whatever you want to call them are not ...
|What would the Rolling Stones say if Obama declined to seek another term?
I don't know because I don't know any of the Rolling Stones. But I do remember these lyrics: You can't always get what you want But if you try sometimes you just might find You get what you ...
|This just in: Obama forced to eat peas!
Top-level White House sources have confirmed that when President Obama told the Republicans to "eat their peas" during debt-limit crisis, he was actually making reference to an incident that ...
|First diary: A cautionary tale - 30 years ago today...
I went on strike... and I'm still on strike, 30 years later.
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by hillbrook green
- One headline is enough: UK Labour competes with Conservatives over most business-friendly pro-austerity manifesto. A manifesto, for those of you not familiar with the UK, is like a party platform ...124 comments 75 Recs
- Among the complaints I have read among the various bloviations on the right is that the young people growing up today will have no knowledge of the America of our youth. I turn 69 two weeks from ...61 comments 70 Recs
- Langston Hughes' poem, " Harlem " has been floating around in my head, as I watch footage from Baltimore. What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? Or fester like ...188 comments 171 Recs
- The Baltimore Orioles baseball team has been ...95 comments 124 Recs
- Freddie Gray being loaded into the Baltimore Police Van. Again, because the Baltimore Police refuse to release any real statements from the officers involved in the April 12th arrest and April 19th ...77 comments 188 Recs
- Paul Krugman's May 1 column in the New York Times states the devastatingly obvious: Ideology and Integrity . ...Nonetheless, many in the news media will try to make the campaign about ...117 comments 252 Recs
- Three tropical cyclones churned the waters around Australia on March 11, 2015, including Pam, which reached ...297 comments 437 Recs
- Here's some more scary news from the Duke City, and it's for real. Not from any of its famous TV series. The county district attorney overseeing Albuquerque Police has gone on the record in the ...97 comments 427 Recs
- For most of his life, Jimmy Carter has been an advocate for human rights. In 1982, one year after leaving the Oval Office, the former US President and his wife Rosalynn Carter, founded ...603 comments 784 Recs
- A couple of ladies were chatting near my cash register the other day after their lunch, as one admired the other's wallet. "Oh, it was only five hundred dollars," she said to her friend. "I wish I'd ...513 comments 535 Recs
hillbrook green's Tags
- No current results.
hillbrook green's Blogroll
- No current results.