Posting History for icemilkcoffee
|The Free Market just vetoed Keystone XL
I apologize for this short diary today. As oil prices drop into the $70's, Tar sand oil from Alberta, which costs more than $85 just to extract, no longer make economical sense. So even if the GOP ...
|Border completely overrun.... or maybe not
If you have been watching the news for the past week, you would have had the impression that the entire southern border has been overrun by illegal immigrant youths lured in by Obama's Dream Act ...
|Groundswell of asian american opposition to affimative action
If you have ties to the chinese american community here in California, you have no doubt seen a torrent of chain emails railing against SCA-5 this past 2 weeks. SCA-5 is a state constitutional ...
|The Prophet Mohammed and ground beef
Here in the land of the free, you can blaspheme god and man all you want, but you best watch your mouth around perishable vegetables and meats. Diane Sawyer and ABC News just got hit with a $1.2 ...
|Planned Parenthood's messaging fail
We've all seen this movie before. In 2009 ACORN got ambushed by a sting video, and the Democratic congress panicked and gutted ACORN. Subsequent investigations ( CRS , MA Attorney General ,
|I am not convinced of Troy Davis' innocence
First of all, let me start by saying that I agree wholeheartedly that the DA and the police have commited practically every prosecutorial abuse possible here: biased line-up identification, ...
|Obama: not a chump
The recent high profile and increasingly suspicious collapse of Solyndra has left the Obama Administration looking like a bunch of ...
|Good news: Total Bailout costs only $87 Billion
Here is some good news to start your weekend on. Timothy Geithner just announced that the total costs of the bailouts are projected to be only $87 billion.
|Taking the pulse of Immigration Reform: Who should be legalized?
With Health Care Reform on the home stretch, I would like to switch gear and talk about the powderkeg issue of Immigration Reform. Even within the comfortable confines of DailyKos, Immigration ...
|Cram Session: Cliff Notes on the House Reconciliation
This is a late night cram session on the House Reconciliation Act. So curl up on the couch and join the study group: Full text: http://docs.house.gov/rules/hr4872/111_hr4872_amndsub.pdf summary:
|Devil in the Details 3: Medicaid goes Mainstream
Continuing on with my 'drill-down' study of the Senate Health Reform Bill; today we'll look at a groundbreaking change for Medicaid that seems to have received little notice.
|Devil in the Details 2: AHIP took a left hook to the liver
Preface: In the interest of breaking through the current 'Kill Bill' vs 'Save & Improve Bill' deadlock here on DKos- I am doing a nooks-and-cranny exploration of the HCR Bill. Hopefully ...
|Devil in the Details: Mandate not mandatory
Preface: In the interest of breaking through the current 'Kill Bill' vs 'Save & Improve Bill' deadlock here on DKos- I will do a nooks-and-cranny exploration of the HCR Bill in a series ...
|I am starting a new religious cult- wanna join?
Like most of you, I've been sick to my stomach over the Mandate. How could the government force me to hand my hard earned money over to the for-profit (and lots- United Health's CEO made $54 million ...
|3 Ways to make the mandate palatable
At this late hour, I think we all have to face the reality that: The mandate is not going away. For reasons that Ezra Klein and others have already elucidated- if you are going to force insurers to ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by icemilkcoffee
- I call them "Ox is Gored" Republicans: Those who lack any sign of compassion until they or someone close to them is affected. Then, they become an advocate for government action -- but limited to ...3 comments 27 Recs
- Finally, someone gets it. Policing is a business. It goes something like this. They decide to heavily patrol poor neighborhoods because that's where the crime is. It seems to make sense. Only ...18 comments 18 Recs
- Cross-posted at ACASignups....7 comments 42 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...84 comments 264 Recs
- Honest answer to a reader's question No snark, no smartassery. This is one of the finest responses I've ever seen to this kind of question. Setup: The Charlotte Observer's Taylor Batten wrote a ...139 comments 650 Recs
- So, chalk one up for justice this morning. Nancy Gordeuk has been fired after her ignorant, racist remarks and way less than sincere "the devil made me do it" apology. More below the fold.94 comments 133 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Current Consensus Center HQ Good news, everyone! The University of Western Australia has dropped Bjorn Lomborg's Consensus Centre! After a few weeks—during which the school's students ...1 comments 8 Recs
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) Rand Paul, 2013: Let's cut the U.S. Department of Agriculture agency responsible for researching bird flu . ...23 comments 29 Recs
- Stephen King was nowhere to be seen at this incident. A Pennsylvania man was killed Monday after the gravestone he was decorating for Easter fell on ...29 comments 14 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.