Posting History for ihlabathi eliluhlaza
|Freedom of speech, political accountability and representative democracy
For a while now I have been reflecting on the question of freedom of speech and political accountability, and there are some things I would like to get off my chest.
|A Republic or an Empire?
In 1953 Charles Wilson the CEO of General Motors said: "... for years I thought that what was good fo the country was good for General Motors and vice versa." Today one is confronted with the ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by ihlabathi eliluhlaza
- The Corporate Democrats, led by Hillary Clinton, are exposing their Plutocracy Playbook in a vivid glare, to anyone who is paying attention. The "politics of envy". "Vilifying the rich". Larry ...235 comments 274 Recs
- 101 comments 107 Recs
- If you listen to Republican politicians, it seems that God has been ...106 comments 52 Recs
- 172 comments 164 Recs
- With some stories, I'm not sure where to begin, because the news has me stunned and almost speechless. I want to turn away, block it out and find something happy to do, or something else to think ...294 comments 523 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'm rec-begging this time...because there's a graph at the end which took a *ton* of time to put together, and I'd hate to see it go down the memory hole. First, a quiet, normal ...53 comments 588 Recs
- Everyone's favorite old billionaire Aussie took to Twitter last week to attack the entire Islamic world. "Moslems????" Yes it is technically a transliteration—but it's also a dogwhistle for ...130 comments 288 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren at Netroots Nation 2014, Transcript: [...] Let’s talk about this fight. This is a fight over economics , a fight over privilege , a fight over power . But deep down it is a fight ...190 comments 173 Recs
- As I look ahead to this coming year, a number of thoughts come to mind. First and foremost, against an enormous amount of corporate media noise and distraction, it is imperative that we not lose ...74 comments 200 Recs
- In the heat of our political moment, we sometimes don’t see how our future connects deeply to our past. But the Christian Right does — and they do not like what they see. The Christian Right ...134 comments 473 Recs
ihlabathi eliluhlaza's Tags
- No current results.
ihlabathi eliluhlaza's Blogroll
- No current results.