Posting History for j be
|Cesar Chavez—Great Story, Pretty Good Movie
(Cross-posted at Left Coast Voices. ) The day before the holiday celebrating Cesar Chavez, my wife and I watched the recently released movie about his life. We were staying the weekend up in ...
|Voter ID Laws: A ‘Solution’ to the ‘Problem’ of Democracy
(Cross posted at Left Coast Voices ) Last week, a federal judge in Wichita gave the green light to laws in Kansas and Arizona that will require proof of citizenship to vote in state and local ...
|The Meek Do Not Inherit the Earth — In Defense of Shameless Self-Promotion
(Cross-posted at Lazy Organic Gardener .) I grew up in the Midwest and my parents were serious, albeit liberal Catholics, with maybe a bit more Calvinism in the mix than some. (I remember my Mom ...
|Six Days in Albuquerque -- An Election Journal
I promise myself (and some friends) that I'll write a blog post every day while I am in New Mexico working on the election. I do. But the days are long and I don't find much time to sit in front of ...
|He won't pledge allegiance to the flag.
Another hot afternoon in Albuquerque. My walk partner Kurt and I are assigned to knock on doors in an area northwest of the university, near Albuquerque High School. Many of the homes on our call ...
|Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle Meets Canvassing in Albuquerque
Decades ago, I saw a comedian from England explain Heisenberg's uncertainty principle to a nightclub audience in Berkeley. Since I'm not a quantum physicist, I can't vouch for his accuracy, but I ...
|Facing Global Warming a Blessing?
Yesterday I was listening to Bill McKibben on the radio talking about his recent book Deep Economy -- ironically while driving, by myself, in my not-so-fuel-
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by j be
- This man authorized torture. Never forget that.102 comments 139 Recs
- in his column for Monday's New York Times , titled Bigger than Immigration . After beginning by telling us this is not just about immigration, or tactics, or the President's "lack of obsequiousness ...150 comments 515 Recs
- I was doing my usual perusal of news and commentary throughout the blogosphere, earlier on Thursday, and I came across this quite stunning chart (see below) from Bard College and Levy Institute ...334 comments 479 Recs
- You don't have to be George Lakoff to understand how misframing a statement with imprecise language can be harmful to your argument. Right now there is a diary on the Rec List that claims the ...165 comments 445 Recs
- Via Joe.My.God :440 comments 473 Recs
- The excellent ads supporting Democratic Sen. Mark Begich's re-election bid keep coming, though the latest is not from Begich himself but rather Put Alaska First, a super PAC supporting him. (PAF, by ...175 comments 141 Recs
- Voter apathy is a civic abdication. There is no other way to describe it. That is how he begins this column for Thursday's New York Times . Trust me, please. This is a column that needs to be ...157 comments 199 Recs
- 500,000 California signups projected by April 15! Posted by kos! 7 million? Will be much larger than that That gives us a good chance to reach 8 million nationally in the extension period. In one ...39 comments 154 Recs
- Honey Maid, which has provided Americans with its classic American graham crackers for well over ninety years, added to its image and redefined the word “wholesome” in i ts latest ...62 comments 106 Recs
- Don't expect Rick Scott to give up trying to suppress the vote. (66 comments 266 Recs
j be's Tags
- No current results.
j be's Blogroll
- No current results.