Posting History for jabbausaf
|From homeschooled fundie to free-thinker
Way back in 2005 I posted a largely unremarked-upon diary about how I escaped my Theocratic upbringing. As a result of recent discussions on homeschooling, particularly the differences between ...
|The Birth Control Controversy (and why it's bull)
Over the last few weeks we've been subjected to a repeat of the old "culture wars" bullshit with respect to the battle by the right-wing to restrict reproductive rights. If I was a Democrat, I'd be ...
|Domestic drone use, unarmed for now
The drones are indeed coming. Specifically, they're coming to the US, to our skies. At first they will be unarmed. At first in Iraq and Afghanistan they were unarmed. How long do you think that ...
|The undeclared drone war
Wholly unsurprising revelations have been made that the war in Afghanistan is an unmitigated disaster . Equally problematic is the undeclared drone war being waged across the border in Pakistan, ...
|NLG calls for dismissal of charges against Manning
National Lawyers Guild calls for dismissal of charges against Bradley ...
|National Review calls Mary Jo Kilroy a Socialist Revolutionary
National Review article here . On first read, I got all excited. Being a ...
|In Defense of Liberalism
According to a recent USA Today/Gallup poll, 49% of Americans believe that the Democrats are too liberal, and “four in 10” believe that Republicans are too conservative. I could go ...
|Questions to ask Republicans about Health Care Reform
1. If private insurance companies have been engaging in unacceptable business practices, to the extent that Republicans are willing to seek legislation to correct the problem, why are we supposed to ...
|Atheist soldier sues military, Gates, for harassment
Atheist soldier claims harassment But the short and soft-spoken specialist is at the center of a legal ...
|Maintain a General level of fear
Commander warns of Al Qaeda threat Stay afraid people. We're not sure exactly what. But there's probably ...
|Ohio Kossacks! Last day to register before primaries!
If you live in Ohio, today is the deadline to have your voter registration sent in, if you are not already registered or if you have moved.
|Torture doesn't work.
Inspired by this diary We all know, or should all know provided nobody is holding a magnet to our moral compass, that ...
|Ohio Voters (don't really get to) support Free Speech today!
If you live in Ohio, vote today. There is a bill (Senate Bill #16, also known as "Issue 1") on the ballot to make a law that will horrendously restrict adult bookstores, among other things.
|Peace, I'm out
I had a hard time sleeping last Thursday night. I was very excited. The weather seemed to reflect it, as the approaching thunder culminated in a massive thunderstorm passing directly overhead. ...
|The case to Impeach, with specific broken laws
The law has been broken. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Laws were broken, and the breaking of those laws was admitted to. Which laws, in particular? Well, for details, I went to the articles ...
|Military confirms no military wrongdoing at Gitmo
Military: No Gitmo abuse evident In an unsurprising move today, the military confirmed that an ...
|Swift Boat Vets for Republicans||jabbausaf||10/14/2006||45||40||1||21|
|Christian Zionism and the conflict in Lebanon||jabbausaf||08/09/2006||15||5||-||-|
|The Ministry of Truth: selective memory on the Right||jabbausaf||01/22/2006||22||8||1||7|
|[FISA] Well, Stars and Stripes published me again||jabbausaf||01/12/2006||17||26||-||11|
|US cries like a baby about Canada's taunting||jabbausaf||12/13/2005||29||20||1||11|
|Bush: "It's not Illegal if I do it"||jabbausaf||11/07/2005||17||13||-||-|
|Gambled and lost. Bush is responsible.||jabbausaf||08/31/2005||164||248||22||36|
|The Republican Dictionary (humor!)||jabbausaf||08/26/2005||7||15||1||43|
|California National Guard wracked by scandals||jabbausaf||08/24/2005||8||10||-||1|
|The Patriot Detail: Honoring the fallen||jabbausaf||08/21/2005||16||57||-||36|
|Final entry on Troubling Chaplains||jabbausaf||08/18/2005||8||6||-||4|
|The military is Republican? Sorta.||jabbausaf||08/16/2005||189||180||6||15|
|Iran and America's Parallel Presidents||jabbausaf||08/14/2005||10||4||-||-|
|Debunking Intelligent Design the Christian way||jabbausaf||08/07/2005||42||31||1||20|
|Halliburton Refresher Course||jabbausaf||08/07/2005||6||12||-||6|
|Chaplain Troubles: Talked to IG rep||jabbausaf||08/05/2005||70||12||-||14|
|Continuing problems with Chaplains||jabbausaf||08/05/2005||33||17||-||13|
|Further Chaplain Trouble||jabbausaf||08/04/2005||34||10||-||12|
|Quotes from the American Taliban (Scary!)||jabbausaf||07/31/2005||125||96||1||1|
|Communications Decency Act - Making Porn *illegal*||jabbausaf||07/31/2005||36||14||-||3|
|5 "simple" points about Abu Ghraib and Gitmo||jabbausaf||07/25/2005||26||17||-||-|
|Theocracy in America: Progressive vs Oppressive Christianity||jabbausaf||07/16/2005||22||5||-||1|
|Breaking free from a Theocratic upbringing||jabbausaf||07/15/2005||36||17||-||19|
|How the Right has helped the Left||jabbausaf||07/09/2005||14||11||-||9|
|Paying Attention to Politics (Apathy is the Enemy)||jabbausaf||07/09/2005||5||3||-||10|
|A Letter to the Stars and Stripes Editor on religious intolerance||jabbausaf||07/08/2005||5||10||-||11|
|Is the US letting the terrorists win?||jabbausaf||07/07/2005||10||6||-||8|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by jabbausaf
- I've mentioned the Liberal Gun Club here on DK before. forum main page membership page The LGC is...well, let's throw their boilerplate here and then move over the jump for the RKBA boilerplate ...459 comments 42 Recs
- In the days leading up to July 4, efforts to delegitimize Edward Snowden by calling him a 'criminal' have intensified, efforts that stand starkly against the backdrop of the treasonous document we ...373 comments 242 Recs
- Yes, I know we face many dangers these days: economic inequality, climate change, an unjustly prosecuted war on drugs. Not to mention an increasingly tainted food and water supply, a dysfunctional ...15 comments 14 Recs
- Declassified Memo - NSA Pushed Bush Admin. to "Rethink" Fourth Amendment to Usher in New AuthoritiesIn the memo, the NSA conceded that the Fourth Amendment was just as applicable in the nascent "information age" as it was in the pre-internet era. “The Fourth Amendment is as applicable to ...97 comments 125 Recs
- There's plenty of news and pundit noise being extruded on the PRISM break, i.e., on reports originating with Glenn Greenwald of the U.K.'s Guardian about massive, broad NSA surveillance of phone and ...139 comments 228 Recs
- We all need to cool off and take a step back for a moment. It is never a good idea to have an emotional knee jerk reaction from either side of the fence.102 comments 5 Recs
- Chris Moreland was probably upset last Wednesday. You might have been too, coming at some point to the realization that you were more likely to die in the near future from a confrontation with ...359 comments 451 Recs
- Tonight on TDS, US Ambassador to NATO Ivo Daalder ; and on TCR, Michelle Alexander, The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness .107 comments 11 Recs
- This is addressed to the folks who make the real decisions about what goes on with the front page here at DailyKos.com. Folks, you all know what the general outcome is of negative election ...585 comments 278 Recs
- Like a rapidly metastasizing cancer, the story of America morphing, virtually overnight, into a “[http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/27/1077960/-Obama-Administration-Facilitates-Turnkey-...356 comments 225 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.