Posting History for jackmac
|Bishops behaving badly ... again
They just can't help themselves. This time, it's the Roman Catholic Bishop in Peoria, Ill. who compares President Obama to Hitler and Stalin. According to a story in today's Chicago Tribune: The ...
|An e-mail from a 'conservative Republican'
I received an e-mail (excerpted below) over the weekend from a former local elected official commenting on candidates running in local elections this week. I'm not going to identify the area or who ...
|Bush: Miss Me Yet?
The Chicago Tribune's Swamp Politics site reports on a billboard in Wyoming, Minn featuring a smiling George W. Bush and the words "Miss Me Yet?"
|Yelling at clouds ...
At the risk of sounding like Grampa Simpson or John (Get Off of My Lawn) McCain, I need to get this off of my chest on this murky Thanksgiving day in Illinois. Rant commences on the jump.
|We said 'farewell' to our friend today
Our dog, Kendall, survived abusive previous owners, a serious accident and came within days of being euthanized before we found him on a pet adoption web site six years ago. But our brown-eyed ...
|Out of work ... but it was still a great day!
Yeah, the economy sucks. I've been out of work more than a year, but am making ends meet. But in this spring of discontent, several delightful things happened to made me appreciate the more ...
|Pass the popcorn -- Blago to show up at trial
The Chicago Tribune reports that Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich will appear at his impeachment trial -- not to testify but to deliver his own "closing argument".
|No vote for any Republican -- not a one
I'm a longtime Democrat who lives in a predominately Republican county and have occasionally gone over to the dark side to vote in local GOP primaries or back some local Republicans in general ...
|BREAKING! Barack Obama got discounts ...
... on GROCERIES. Obama recently stopped at his neighborhood store, swiped his preferred savings card and got 10 PERCENT OFF. And there was ARUGULA in the bag. On his way out, he grabbed a pound of ...
|IL-14 -- OMG! I live in a Blue District!!
Somewhere in the great beyond, there's a big smile tonight on Tim Hall's face. Who's Tim Hall? Find out on the jump. .
|Edwards fans: Time for an intervention?
Hey John Edwards fans. Yeah, we're talking to you. Come on over and sit down with us. Right in this big easy chair by the fireplace. It's pretty cold today. Here's some hot chocolate. Comfy?
|35 years later, George McGovern's words still resonate
Thirty five years ago this week, Sen. George McGovern accepted the Democratic nomination for president in an acceptance speech that was bumped out of prime time by a raucous session that included no ...
|Fun with Conservapedia !!
The occasional visit to Wingnuttia can make one want to throw up, but unlike peeks at idiotic sites like Little Green Footballs, Free Republic or checking up on Sean Hannity, a trip to the new ...
|A question to ask George W. Bush
Michael Graham, a former newspaper reporter, posts this question today on Romenesko's popular media site: "What is Jesus telling George W. Bush to do about Iran?
|What's the best bumper sticker you've seen lately?
Chicago boy traveling this week in San Francisco (should drop in on Kos!). While driving to check out the Golden Gate Bridge saw the following (on the jump):
|Rightwingers aren't capable of being funny ...
The Hollywood Reporter says that the Fox News Channel might air episodes of a "Daily Show"-like program that lampoons liberals and could become a regular Sunday night feature. Yeah, that'll work. ...
|A history lesson for Denny Hastert . . .||jackmac||10/08/2006||2||2||-||4|
|DISNEY/ABC MADE IT'S CHOICE AND I'VE MADE MINE||jackmac||09/10/2006||28||16||-||-|
|My e-mail to Scholastic||jackmac||09/07/2006||5||4||-||1|
|Studs Terkel, ACLU sue AT&T over phone records||jackmac||05/22/2006||15||12||1||-|
|Sensitivity at the Naperville Sun||jackmac||05/02/2006||5||-||-||-|
|Redstate.org sinks back into (well-deserved) obscurity||jackmac||03/30/2006||32||4||-||12|
|Chicago Tribune managing editor slams Tucker Carlson||jackmac||02/08/2006||22||14||-||-|
|More lies about Abramoff contributions -- in the COMICS yet||jackmac||01/26/2006||15||3||-||-|
|Fox and Novak -- a perfect match||jackmac||12/16/2005||4||2||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by jackmac
- I didn't see this posted anywhere, so I wanted to mention that Rep. Bill Foster (IL-11) has decided against a senate run and will support Rep. Tammy Duckworth in her 2016 bid to unseat Illinois ...33 comments 48 Recs
- I ran this last year and couldn't resist running it again.20 comments 31 Recs
- The intruder who scaled a fence and ran across the White House Lawn apparently got much deeper into the building that previously reported, according to the Washington Post.66 comments 38 Recs
- In case you missed it, the BLS and the individual states released their jobs numbers for June this week. Here in Wisconsin, I was wondering if that impending release was playing a role in Scott ...53 comments 106 Recs
- The fact that our Congress loves to play politics on the backs of our veterans is not new news. They continually shout about wanting to funnel money toward helping our military families and veterans ...4 comments 7 Recs
- CNN reports raging fighting around the outskirts of Tripoli and concentrating around the airport.35 comments 7 Recs
- With only a 7% approval rating , Boehner had to Do-Something to convince people that the idea of the Republican-led Congress is actually worth voting for. Afterall, the Republican-run House which ...53 comments 44 Recs
- ...I don't want to know you, and I certainly won't welcome you into the party. That includes you, Elizabeth Warren, and, oh yeah, you too, Markos. Were your parents and grandparents and great-...165 comments 106 Recs
- . I ran this last year and couldn't resist running it again.16 comments 13 Recs
- The Chicago Tribune is reporting that actor/director/writer Harold Ramis died early this morning at age 69.97 comments 115 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.