Below you'll find recent contributions related to jakewaters's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Elizabeth Warren isn't running, but Democratic voters still have choices
|Cartoon: Facetime fools
(Click to enlarge) From the AT&T survey mentioned in the comic: When you see the ...
|Surveillance bill in Senate tests Mitch McConnell's leadership
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, ...
|Daily Kos Radio is LIVE at 9 am ET!
Well, we went a little crazy on the Denny Hastert legal hairsplitting yesterday. But that's what we do with the show. I won't lie about that! That leaves us with a lot of catching up to do, and ...
|Cheers and Jeers: Tuesday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Happy LGBT Pride Month Golly gee, what might we have to celebrate this year? How about this: last year at this time 19 states issued marriage licenses to same-...
|Bill in Portland Maine||06/02/2015||48|
|Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: Top Republican recruit skips Colorado Senate race
Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some good news on ...
|Abbreviated pundit roundup: The GOP's failed minority outreach, the economy and more
We begin today's roundup with Dana Milbank at The Washington Post, who examines the GOP's minority outreach strategy: [RNC ...
|Open thread for night owls. Anthony Russo: a whistleblower on torture who should not be forgotten
When the news first came out that the United States had tortured suspected terrorists, there were three responses: Some Americans said, good, they deserved it; some were shocked and appalled; some ...
|What do you like that no one else does, and what do you dislike that everyone else seems to love?
"I'm just a sweet transvestite, from Transsexual, Transylvania." Within film, music, television, etc., there exists the cult classic . It's usually a work that wasn't ...
|On dark money and Supreme Court litmus tests
Clean campaign warrior Bernie Sanders.
|Health insurers not happy with new Medicaid managed care rules
The Obama administration released new rules last week of Medicaid managed care programs, the first rules update in over a decade. The rules apply to the private insurers who primarily manage long-...
|Fox News just can't stop calling Caitlyn Jenner 'he'
"Call me Caitlyn," the upcoming cover of Vanity Fair says, over a picture of the woman who became famous as Olympic champion Bruce Jenner and had more recently been prominent on reality television ...
|McConnell blocks Rand Paul amendments to NSA reform bill
We'll see how this works out for him. ...
|Midday open thread: Dissing Charles Darwin; celebrating Jeff Davis; trying BP executive
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Privacy talk :
|Scott Walker not looking for rape or incest exemptions in Wisconsin 20-week abortion ban
Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) Last fall, as he campaigned for re-election as governor of ...
|Republicans learn, again, that legislating is hard
A Mensa meeting it's not. ...
|Conservative hero Cliven Bundy is back, and still talking about black people
The hero of Fox News speaks ...
|Judge in Dennis Hastert case contributed to Hastert for Congress
Dennis Hastert Things ...
|Most Americans support same-sex marriage. Republicans still don't.
Most of America is ready for the Supreme Court to grant nationwide same-sex marriage ...
|Meet 'Dem' John Delaney, bidding to be the next Joe Lieberman
Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.
|Texas business community at war with legislature over Medicaid expansion
There's an outside chance at real political change in Texas soon, not at the hands of the growing Latino population there. It could come from a much more powerful, and deep-pocketed source: ...
|Supreme Court protects hijab wearers in the workplace
Samantha Elauf, denied a sales job at an ...
|Jeb Bush on his brother's successes and mistakes: 'He kept us safe'
Jeb Bush Man, Jeb Bush is taking all the popular positions. In an ...
|Supreme Court makes the Internet a little less safe for women
Among other threats to his ex-wife, Anthony Douglas Elonis posted this on his Facebook wall: If I only knew then what I know now, I would have smothered your ass with a pillow, dumped your body ...
|Move over Republican clowns, Lindsey Graham is getting in the car
Can you feel the Lindseymentum? It's official, Sen. ...
|Reports: There's a second alleged Dennis Hastert abuse victim
Dennis Hastert The scandal ...
|Unarmed black teen. William Chapman, killed by officer who just came off suspension for killing
18-year-old William Chapman On April 22, the Portsmouth, Virginia, Police Department claimed that 18-year-old William Chapman was suspected of shoplifting from a local Walmart. Completely unarmed, ...
|Patriot Act provisions expire as Rand Paul fundraises, rewrites history||Joan McCarter||06/01/2015||87|
|How should Joe Biden handle grief? Fox News has just the person to offer advice
Beau Biden and Joe Biden Fox ...
|Cartoon: Privacy talk
Support independent cartooning: join Sparky's List —and be sure to visit TT'...
Recommended by jakewaters
- The media called for a fix. Indiana Republicans conceded. What will the religious right do now? When Republican Gov. Mike Pence signed ...102 comments 108 Recs
- I post a weekly diary of historical notes, arts & science items, foreign news (often receiving little notice in the US) and whimsical pieces from the outside world that I often feature in "Cheers & ...20 comments 29 Recs
- GOP State Sen. Kevin Lundberg of Colorado Remember that Colorado ...35 comments 60 Recs
- In 37 states, when a pregnant teen needs an abortion, she also needs the permission of one of her parents. But if her parents either can’t give it, won’t give it, or teenage girls are too ...33 comments 27 Recs
- Yeah, that John Bolton. This Politico piece mentions George Pataki, Jim Gilmore, Bob Ehrlich, John (Mustache of War) Bolton, Rep. Peter (Terrorism (Funding) Expert) King and ...94 comments 51 Recs
- Below are cartoons drawn over the past several decades by Cabu, one of the most emblematic cartoonists at Charlie Hebdo (if not the most). Cabu was murdered along with his colleagues this past week. ...422 comments 683 Recs
- From MSNBC: Starkville was the first place in Mississippi to take that step, in January 2014. Their aldermen led the way for other cities in the state to debate and pass resolutions of their own. ...9 comments 13 Recs
- So, ladies, you say you want a raise? How should you go about getting it? First, you have to figure out how to compete with the guy in the next cubicle. After all, he went to a school almost as ...923 comments 838 Recs
- 43 comments 43 Recs
- 125 comments 66 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.