Posting History for jared the bassplayer
|Why You Should Try Skydiving
(a friend of mine wanted me to contribute a piece to his blog Adventure Savvy?! . This is my contribution. I should probably note that I have never been skydiving). Are you dead on the inside, ...
|jared the bassplayer||03/11/2015||14||4||-||-|
|Its not f*cking Space Aliens, Okay?!
Can we just put this one to rest? I'm getting seriously agitated with these "Ancient Alien" theories and TV shows and blogs that are trying to peddle the idea that humans could not possibly have ...
|jared the bassplayer||02/16/2015||537||268||1||-|
|Coloradans- Am I missing anything?
I wrote a letter to my over-privileged Southern California nephew last year when he went off to, what was was referred to in my day, as "Outdoor Ed." I grew up in the Rocky Mountains and to this day ...
|jared the bassplayer||09/23/2014||5||3||-||-|
|How to remove mold properly
Mold. Not your friend. So mold spores are these microbial bits that are around us every day- we breathe them every time we go outside, and in general they're perfectly harmless. Until they ...
|jared the bassplayer||05/31/2014||105||200||42||-|
|Here's an idea (National Parks)
As good liberals and America's actual patriots, I'm sure that anyone reading this has by now seen, or at least heard of, Ken (...head rolls back, begins snoring) BURNS! KEN BURNS' documentary "...
|jared the bassplayer||05/20/2013||19||9||1||-|
|round two- yelp.com extorting small businesses.
I'm serious. Its bad. Yelp.com has officially pissed me off. They've gone after my auto mechanic. That doesn't sit well with me at all. Yelp uses extortion tactics against small businesses and they'
|jared the bassplayer||04/16/2013||15||25||-||-|
|Yelp, extorting small buisnesses
This is really troubling to me. Yelp.com has screwed a guy that I've known for almost ten years. It's extortion and the spotlight needs to be shone into the mafia-like tactics of yelp. I'll make ...
|jared the bassplayer||04/13/2013||34||21||1||-|
|Preaching to the choir. R's and their economic policies
We've been having this debate in this country for as long as I've been alive (1978, for those of you keeping track). And I can't see this ending anytime soon. These guys just keep rehashing the same ...
|jared the bassplayer||04/03/2013||1||2||-||-|
|Rick Perry, Patriot
Yeah, I know that this is old news, but I figured I'd add my two cents. Remember when Rick Perry (R, N*ggerhead Ranch) tried to lure businesses from California to Texas? That really burned my ass. ...
|jared the bassplayer||03/29/2013||12||3||-||-|
|First of two comets this year to make Northern hemisphere appearance tonight
I haven't seen a diary on this yet, so I figured I'd post one. If I missed one, I apologize. 2013 is being billed as the "Year Of The Comets." The really bright one will light up our skies this ...
|jared the bassplayer||03/07/2013||31||24||3||-|
|op-ed: Little dogs suck!
I'm kind of on a roll today and I have some time to kill, so I figured I'd go ahead and offend people who own little dogs. But seriously, little arf-arf dogs suck. Follow me below the orange ...
|jared the bassplayer||02/19/2013||70||3||1||-|
|If I only had a back yard (aquaponics)
Yep, being an apartment dweller has its advantages- like when something breaks, I just call the manager and it gets fixed. That's pretty cool. But, no equity, no back yard. If I did have a back yard (
|jared the bassplayer||02/19/2013||55||70||10||-|
Maybe you guys have seen this on the once-respectable National Geographic Channel: These people piss me off. They really do. And it pisses me off that National Geographic gives them a mouthpiece.
|jared the bassplayer||01/26/2013||55||26||1||-|
|Jared's book review, part 1
Being a renowned literary critic in my spare time, I have decided to focus my attention and skills on an old, beloved classic. Though, as you'll see below the Orange Cloud of Self-Absorbed Literary ...
|jared the bassplayer||01/13/2013||7||9||1||-|
|RIP Huell Howser
Well this sucks. KCET television icon and much-beloved California transplant Huell Howser died aged 67. We'll miss you, big guy!
|jared the bassplayer||01/07/2013||50||35||-||-|
...in wake of yet *another* horrific tragedy involving a rampage shooting, I thought that it was time to put into writing an idea that I've had floating around for a long time. So, here goes...
|jared the bassplayer||12/15/2012||25||2||-||-|
|Hey Kos- I want a new T-shirt!
...and I've thought about this one for a while- Can I get a T-shirt (black/white) with just the flag guy and nothing else? I think that'd be real cool- Kossacks would recognize it instantly, and ...
|jared the bassplayer||10/25/2012||15||3||-||-|
|Paul Ryan Invented Mustard
"Historians" have claimed that mustard, as a condiment, was most likely first introduced to the world back in the days of the Roman empire. This is simply not true. Paul Ryan invented mustard. ...
|jared the bassplayer||09/06/2012||19||5||1||193|
|Dave Mustaine- what the hell happened?
You know, as a musician, I have always had a tremendous amount of respect for Dave Mustaine. The guy can play some of the most technically difficult licks on a guitar and sing at the same time. That'...
|jared the bassplayer||08/21/2012||59||16||-||347|
|Fievel for Immigrant Rights
You remember the 1986 animated film "An American Tail?" About these anamorphic Russian mice that were trying to migrate to America? "There Are No Cats in America?" And just what the hell has this ...
|jared the bassplayer||02/22/2011||3||1||-||15|
|Someone surely caught this- "Proud racist"
Welcome to Southern California! An area that was once a part of Mexico; but since the collective view on history here goes back... oh, 90 seconds or so, it's okay to be a "Proud Racist" when you sit ...
|jared the bassplayer||01/24/2010||22||12||-||22|
|Diary from Los Angeles
Hi. This is the first diary I've ever posted on DK. But I think that the time has come to where I need to say something. All this horrid economic news over the past months all seemed kind of ...
|jared the bassplayer||03/14/2009||13||11||-||17|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by jared the bassplayer
- Comedian Jim Jeffries tackled one of the most controversial subjects in the U.S. gun control laws. Jeffries was once the victim of a home invasion in which he was tied up and beaten with his ...307 comments 382 Recs
- "Guns Everywhere!" has been the motto of the Republican Party since at least January 16, 2013, the day President Obama signed 23 executive orders in one day in response to the Sandy Hook massacre. ...35 comments 34 Recs
- I’m a word guy. When I receive financial statements, I try earnestly to read them and then after about 30 seconds, I think, “I’ll put this on the nightstand in case I have trouble sleeping ...219 comments 64 Recs
- The nothing burger 'scandal' over Hillary Clinton's emails is going to be piled on top of the nothing burger Benghazi scandal, hashed over by an idiot media and used for GOP fund raising. And ...13 comments 18 Recs
- "Traitors." That's the word the New York Daily News , certainly no friend of President Obama, used on Tuesday to describe the 47 Republican senators who signed an unprecedented letter to the ...108 comments 300 Recs
- On this morning's "Meet The Press", Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said he has never sent an email. "I don't email. You can have every email I've ever sent. I've never sent one" One has to wonder.155 comments 96 Recs
- It would appear that some here don't quite get how O'Reality (tm) works. It's true! I saw it with my own two eyes. Now, it's totally understandable because you weren't there when the Germans ...26 comments 11 Recs
- THE WHITE HOUSE Office of the Press Secretary FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE February 27, 2015 Statement by the President on the Passing of Leonard Nimoy Long before being nerdy was cool, there was ...149 comments 458 Recs
- I have been employed as a community college professor for less than a year now. It's decent pay, it keeps the lights on and a roof over my head, but doesn't put much of a dent in my student and ...27 comments 78 Recs
- The knives are starting to come out in the White House as March 3 approaches, when Israeli Prime Minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, will attack President Obama's Iran diplomacy in front of Congress. ...204 comments 253 Recs
jared the bassplayer's Tags
- No current results.
jared the bassplayer's Blogroll
- No current results.