Posting History for jeremyb
|"The card says Moops"
My favorite example of mindlessly formalistic, ruthlessly result-oriented textual interpretation comes from George Costanza. In the “ Bubble Boy ” episode of “Seinfeld”‘s fourth season, ...
|Oklahoma's insufficiently lethal injection
Whatever one's feelings about the morality or the effectiveness of the death penalty, can we all agree that when a state carries out an execution, it must know that its protocol will act effectively ...
|Cheerios--Now With 30% More Legal Waivers!
I’ve come to expect that my cell phone contract, credit card agreements, and many other contracts with businesses will include language mandating that any disputes will be resolved through binding ...
|No pusherman? No problem for death-penalty states
A few weeks ago, I had expressed skepticism that logistical difficulties surrounding the administration of lethal injection might cause the de facto abolition of the death penalty. Shortages of ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by jeremyb
- The last few days on DKos and the left-wing blogosphere have been fairly rough. Democrats and progressive are understandably angry that the public option and the Medicare opt-in have been stripped ...1127 comments 566 Recs
- This exchange was a part of Monday's "Balance of Power" live chat with Tucker Carlson and Ana Marie Cox at washingtonpost.com: "New York: I'm going to rob a bank and shoot the security guard on the ...30 comments 6 Recs
- Rep. Jim McDermott just had the quote of the day: "This is the third time we've done it with this bunch. First the war, that didn't get paid for. Then the tax cuts, that didn't get paid ...213 comments 619 Recs
- Here's the article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us/politics/14palin.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin. It's as devastating an account of cronyism, incompetence, vindictiveness and corruption as is ...750 comments 1359 Recs
- My apologies for the randomness of the Futurama reference. Rachel Maddow's MSNBC hour premiered last night to spectacular ratings. Nothing should ever be assumed (we could each get 47 ...878 comments 1279 Recs
- Realignments take place because a dominant political coalition fails to adapt to or contain a growing social and political conflict. John B. Judis and Ruy ...159 comments 335 Recs
- The general election has begun. On a random Thursday night, when most political junkies were watching POW McCain's cottage cheese and lime Jello speech at the RNC convention, in a town notoriously ...316 comments 671 Recs
- I had to work last night but luckily I'm a bartender and have a couple of television sets at my disposal. I was surprised a few people requested that I turn up the volume so we could listen to the ...425 comments 1446 Recs
- The media’s moment of disillusionment with John McCain appears to be at hand. Even Joe Klein has finally noticed ...527 comments 1272 Recs
- Congratulations. You did it. You came from out of nowhere to build a tremendous coalition of all colors, all ages, all religions. And you won.949 comments 1361 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.