Posting History for jimgilliamv2
The old saying that your things own you is so apparent today. All the people standing in line to pay for stuff that I doubt if they even need. Keep the economy churning, let the rich get richer, ...
|Ferguson is not Just About Race
Race is in play with Ferguson and there are many racists people in the country, but to view Ferguson just from the point of view of race is missing the real problem. The oppression of blacks and ...
|Losing Senate Doesn't Much Matter
Losing the Senate doesn't matter that much, because we couldn't do anything when we had it the last two years -- maybe an appointment or two but Obama didn't make the best choices there. As long as ...
|Very Simple and Permanent Solution to Debt Ceiling
Pardon me if somebody has already pointed this out, but there is a very simple and permanent solution to the debt ceiling issue. President Obama should invoke the 14th Amendment and direct the ...
|Human Condition and Guns
When there are discussions about controlling guns in society, there is rarely a discussion about the human condition. It is my theory that everybody can be pushed to doing horrible things, given ...
|Cliff Divers All
Talk, talk, talk endlessly about the fiscal cliff -- it's diarrhea. But the clear situation is there will be NO DEAL and tax rates will go up on everybody on January 1st. This is obvious because ...
|Democrats Need To Expand Base For Low Income People
There is a lot of talk about how Republicans need to expand their base to women and ... well, everybody except white males. However, there is a need for Democrats to expand their base to people ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by jimgilliamv2
- I grew up in a liberal, city-dwelling, NPR-listening household—and my parents always taught me that while we don’t agree with Republicans, we respect their right to vote. Because in a ...49 comments 75 Recs
- Whether you think a compromise was necessary or not, I defy anyone to defend the negotiation in this reported deal . In exchange for concessions on tax policy with a value of approximately a ...636 comments 344 Recs
- This is Part LII of My Stupid State where I document what happens when a state full of Democrats elect a veto-proof, right-wing legislature along with a teabag, CRIMINAL governor to lead us. (Once ...88 comments 239 Recs
- Look at this chart: Overlay that with this timeline of the debt ceiling negotiations of 2011: APRIL 15 The ...442 comments 345 Recs
- 122 comments 107 Recs
- ( Sign the petition asking President Obama to help start a national conversation about gun control. ) I served three years in the U.S. Army. I've fired bigger guns than the gun fetishists would ...639 comments 412 Recs
- Note: I realize this is speculation and that it is highly inappropriate to diagnose a mental illness based on media reports. But since many are doing this already and they are causing harm with poor ...35 comments 3 Recs
- By Tim Price, originally posted on Next New ...17 comments 22 Recs
- UPDATE (Thursday @ 4:30pm ET): Yesterday was a whirlwind day! I'm so energized by the strong grassroots support I've received across Massachusetts, here on DailyKos, and across the ...407 comments 1039 Recs
- Just moments ago, I received a call from Sen. Harry Reid’s office, confirming my position on the Senate Banking Committee in January. I appreciate the faith that Leader Reid has put in me to ...264 comments 1084 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.