Below you'll find recent contributions related to jjhalpin's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Sunday Train: Variable Renewables and Dispatchable Demand
Much of the focus on the Sunday Train is on electrification of transport, ranging from 2,000 mile hauls of electrified freight through to hopping on an e-bike to pick up some groceries. And spending ...
|Friday Night Beer Blog - Gimmick Beers
Hi beer fans! Happy Friday. Come share a cold one with FNBB! One of the many strategies for marketing beer (or anything else) is to create tie-ins to events, movies, TV shows and celebrities. How ...
|GFHC open thread: at a certain place and time.....(photo diary)
One of the fun aspects of genealogy for me has been tracking down places my ancestors lived. On my father's side of the family, I've been to most of the places which are still extant where ancestors ...
|What's For Dinner? v9.39 - Beans
Beans, beans, they're good for your heart... There's more truth in the old grade-school joke than we thought; the health benefits of high-fiber foods weren't well understood then. ----- A genre ...
|Friday Night Beer Blog - Beer School
Hi beer fans, another happy Friday to you! Come in and have a cold one with FNBB. What if, when you went to college, you could really major in beer ? When California State Polytechnic University, ...
|GFHC open thread
We’ve been fairly quiet as a DK community lately, so I’m guessing that everyone’s pretty busy. That would explain why fewer of us have been signing up to host a Friday. No problem! This ...
Recommended by jjhalpin
- One of the reasons Paul Krugman is routinely marginalized by those with the power to do so is that he has a bad (for them) habit of putting into words what 'polite' people do not want to ...332 comments 588 Recs
- Further proof that the DCCC would rather win with a Republican over a progressive Democrat. Via Hullabaloo : Is the DCCC even pretending to win? A Tale of Two New Hampshires by Gaius Publius I'...259 comments 217 Recs
- Hi again beer fans, and happy Friday! FNBB is here for you, stop in and share a cold one with us! If there's anything I disrespect more than lists, it's this kind of overactive hard-to-read website,23 comments 9 Recs
- Ben Strauss of Climate Central asks What Does U.S. Look Like With 10 Feet of Sea Level Rise? Then ...101 comments 133 Recs
- Hi again beer lovers, stop in and share a cold one here! I saw on BeerPulse that Anheuser-Busch is bringing out a cider, confirming what I'd thought for a while now, that cider is one of the new ...20 comments 14 Recs
- There's rampant speculation around social media right now that there's going to be a historic, blockbuster winter storm that affect over two-thirds of the United States east of the Rockies next week.221 comments 345 Recs
- In less than 7 hours, DirecTV will drop The Weather Channel unless the two companies can strike a deal regarding the carriage fees that TWC charges in order for its channel to be shown on a cable ...53 comments 101 Recs
- Pennsylvania activists are trying to mount a boycott effort against Yuengling Beer for the billionaire owners support of Right to No Work in Pennsylvania. You can find the boycott page here... At ...45 comments 27 Recs
- Trayvon Martin on trial has been so deeply personal for me and my entire family in part because it is our story too. I thought about not writing it, to protect what little privacy we have left, but ...109 comments 305 Recs
- When I learned last winter that I would have a seat on the Senate Banking Committee, I was very happy because I knew it would give me the opportunity to ask tough questions and push for some ...224 comments 886 Recs
- No current results.