Below you'll find recent contributions related to jmbar2's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|sHell No: Deniers Double Down on Purity Test Trolling
Protests against Shell's plan for Arctic drilling have received global attention. From the actions of kayaktivists around Seattle to Shell's annual stockholder meeting, Shell has been receiving a ...
|sHell No: Activists chain themselves to Arctic Challenger
Activists have chained themselves to the anchor chain of Shell's drilling support ship Arctic Challenger in Bellingham Bay, WA, in a protest to raise awareness of the serious impacts of Shell's ...
|The Great Symmetry
My science fiction novel The Great Symmetry is now out in the world. The intro has a brief description of the book, while the main diary has some philosophy and personal observations. In the ...
|Self-publishing 101: The Kübler-Ross Stages of Editing
There are no gatekeepers any more. Your opus can be free in the world, its fate determined by merit and your skill and level of effort getting the word out. You can do this. Just be prepared to ...
Recommended by jmbar2
- I have been repulsed by the Duggars since the beginning. Indescriminate spawning of children is not something that I believe should be promoted as shown on the Duggars show. But thats beside the ...5 comments 4 Recs
- Honest answer to a reader's question No snark, no smartassery. This is one of the finest responses I've ever seen to this kind of question. Setup: The Charlotte Observer's Taylor Batten wrote a ...139 comments 650 Recs
- Wow! I just stumbled onto this - can't wait! Economist Joseph Stiglitz, along with Bill DeBlasio and Elizabeth Warren will reveal today a comprehensive plan to address wealth inequality that was ...70 comments 187 Recs
- I realize there is a large segment of our population which believes that owning a gun is essential to their personal safety and well-being. Some rely on a firearm to hunt for food. And some are ...55 comments 18 Recs
- As useful background - and to dispel the idiocy that Republicans are only fighting for the rights of oppressed wedding cake bakers - note that Louisiana Republicans are proposing to pass a law ...78 comments 19 Recs
- "Guns Everywhere!" has been the motto of the Republican Party since at least January 16, 2013, the day President Obama signed 23 executive orders in one day in response to the Sandy Hook massacre. ...35 comments 34 Recs
- I'm posting this video without comment.25 comments 13 Recs
- Solid science education is the best inoculation against ignorance.25 comments 23 Recs
- Hate Takes the Bus is the columnist's response to the release over the weekend of the now infamous video of SAE members at Oklahoma singing a vile song. Blow offers a column that I think is a ...3 comments 22 Recs
- A deeper examination of the sheer joy of Oklahoma students chanting about hanging n*gg*rs from treesMoney, during a bad economy, doesn't actually disappear, it just moves around into different hands and different accounts. If a whole segment of America all of a sudden doesn't have money because ...318 comments 423 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.