Below you'll find recent contributions related to joelsongs's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Cartoon: Texas takeover
(Click to enlarge) For more info on the "Jade Helm 15" set of conspiracy theories, this TPM article offers a nice ...
|Do House Republicans want to investigate Benghazi or just go after Hillary Clinton?
Remember when she already testified to committees in both the House and Senate about Benghazi?
|Daily Kos Radio is LIVE at 9 am ET!
We'll get back on track with the news after yesterday's "free form" special. Greg will get us started with a grounding in reality, and I'll derail it all with wild tangents into our recurring ...
|Cheers and Jeers: Tuesday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… I'm Feeling Haikuish Carly, Huck and Ben So many hats in one ring Jeb revs Steamroller ...
|Bill in Portland Maine||05/05/2015||52|
|Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: The establishment rallies behind Murphy, who waits on Grayson
Florida Democratic Senate candidate Patrick Murphy Leading Off : • FL-Sen : On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign ...
|Abbreviated pundit roundup: The GOP's circus
We begin today's roundup with Michael Brendan Dougherty at The Week who analyzes the GOP's circus of candidates: A brain surgeon with no particular feel for politics. A business executive who ...
|Open thread for night owls: Ask your doc if this birth control is right for you. Now ask your boss
In case you can't see the video here, try ...
|'Avengers: Age of Ultron' is a fun ride and a bloated mess
In a weekend with a lot of entertainment distractions, including a boring "fight of the century," thoroughbred ...
|We're losing rural hospitals across the nation
Rural communities are facing a heightened healthcare crisis as hospitals are closing at an alarming rate around the country, with the highest ...
|Carly Fiorina's Campaign Slogan:
That is all.
|The reason Ben Carson can't win? Ben Carson
It has been clear for some time now that would-be ...
|Fox reports police shooting in Baltimore, then retracts: 'Nobody has been shot'
Fox News made a major oops on Monday afternoon, and not of the usual Fox News kind. This wasn't a partisan lie about Obamacare or anything like that. No, a Fox ...
|Study saying EPA rules will save 3,500 lives should be nailed to door of every naysayer in Congress
Curbing coal plant emissions would save lots of lives. Not that this matters to EPA haters. A new study published in the ...
|Boehner: 'Ask any employer' about Obamacare, so hey, ask me!
Obamacare is such a failure, it can't even kill the jobs Republicans said it would!
|Midday open thread: Minimum wage boost hits bullseye, executions don't hit worst of the worst
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Responses to Baltimore :
|Sen. Gillibrand's report finds military sexual assault still 'vastly underreported'
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York said Monday that sexual assaults committed by members of the military continue to be "vastly underreported" even as the military claims to be making progress ...
|Scott Walker celebrates Star Wars Day by being creepy on the internet
I have seen many attempts at political self-promotion over the years, but this may be the first time a presidential candidate's ...
|Republican voters once again consumed by fear and 'values'
He might just make the cut with primary ...
|Mitt Romney denies the reality of mass incarceration
Wow, Mitt Romney. Just wow. At a time when even many Republicans are pretending to care about ...
|Bipartisan group of House members plot to strengthen NSA reforms
Congress has a little under a month to reauthorize expiring provisions of the ...
|Iran nuclear review act: Is it lose-lose for Republicans?
Whoops. Even though the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act most likely will pass the Senate by a large majority, the superhawks, pushed by Sens. Tom Cotton (R-AR) and president-wannabe Marco Rubio (R-
|Immigration activists lay down markers for Hillary's first immigration policy talk
Hillary Clinton will be making her biggest policy ...
|The conservative answer on Baltimore: Blame the teachers
Kimberley Strassel What's responsible for Baltimore's problems? Republicans need answers other than "massive economic inequality, racism, and police violence," and when Republicans need answers but ...
|Baltimore Police Union has the gall to start a 'My Life Matters' campaign after 6 officers arrested
New hashtag promoted by the Baltimore Police Union What in the world? After six Baltimore police officers were arrested on felony charges in ...
|John Boehner's 'heart breaks' for 9/11 families, but 9/11 first responders can go to hell
House Speaker John Boehner visited the National September ...
|Republicans claim to care about inequality, but what would they do about it?
Jeb Bush Is this Mitt Romney's big legacy? Republican presidential candidates are straining to show that they really, really care about ...
|John Boehner lies about Obamacare, Chuck Todd lets him
House Speaker John Boehner was Chuck Todd's star interview on Sunday's Meet the ...
|Media's Hillary obsession doesn't extend to what the Clinton Foundation actually does
Former President Bill Clinton is pushing back against the attacks on the Clinton Foundation's ...
|Cartoon: Responses to Baltimore
Support independent cartooning: join Sparky's List —and be sure to visit TT'...
|Republican clown car gets a little more crowded as Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina enter the race
Carly Fiorina The vast Republican presidential field is quickly shifting from one composed mostly of likely candidates to one of candidates who are all in. These days that's a largely technical ...
|Ux4: MI State Senator spews nonsense, Detroit News lets him cover it up.
|Hillary Clinton & Diane Sawyer Read the Classics
In honor of dKos's new digs, I present:
|UPDATE x2: HOLY CRAP. Baltimore FOP channels their inner Frank Nitti
This may seem a bit self-centered since my other diary is already at the top of the Rec list, but a couple people suggested that my update deserves it's own diary as well to ensure maximum exposure, ...
|Holy Crap. "Depraved Heart Murder"? UPDATE: FOP channels Frank Nitti
Thanks to reporters Mark Puente & Wesley Lowery for the screen shot: The official list of charges against the 6 officers (not 1, not 2, not 3...*six*) is out:
|FL Gov. Rick Scott: "Keep Your Government Hands Off My Obamacare!!" (Seriously)
Ho. Lee. Crap. Check out this press release from Florida Governor and Lord Voldemort impersonator Rick Scott:
|Freddie Gray, Malcolm X & True Believer
Last night I posted a simple diary called "A Scene from Malcolm X": NT. A HEARING ROOM - DAY A room, clinically empty; table, chair, and HOLWAY, putting papers into a briefcase; the hearing is ...
|A Scene From Malcolm X.
INT. A HEARING ROOM - DAY A room, clinically empty; table, chair, and HOLWAY, putting papers into a briefcase; the hearing is concluded. HOLWAY: There is just nothing l can do. LOUISE: What do ...
|OK, this is just...surreal.
Well, this is flattering...I guess... Testimony before the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship by MICHAEL F. CANNON April 29, 2015 ...If the Court sides with the challengers, ...
|How Apple single-handedly lays waste to conservative ideology||kos||04/28/2015||364|
|Color me shocked: Michigan GOP State Senator spewing nonsense re. Obamacare
I live in Michigan, but I've never heard of Patrick Colbeck. All I know about him is that he wrote an Op-Ed piece for the Detroit News on Friday which has more factual holes than the swiss cheese I ...
|UPDATE: Hoo-Boy. If you thought the immigration debate was ugly now, just wait...
I had read something about this a week or so ago but I didn't really think about the implications at the time. Now that I've read it...I can't for the life of me figure out why it hasn't gotten ...
|UPDATE x4: OK, perhaps not: Hillary bringing back 50-state strategy?
UPDATE x3: Just for the record, Howard Dean himself seems to be on board here: ...which means that either a) he's familiar with the Clinton campaign's actual strategy and ...
|Updated x2: In which Hillary Clinton Avenges complaints about her logo.||Brainwrap||04/21/2015||25|
Recommended by joelsongs
- Not really. But If I were, this is the sign I would put in my door. "Dear Valued Patrons. Due to my sincerely held religious beliefs, and in light of the RFRA, recently signed by our Dear ...372 comments 734 Recs
- I have a new and self-imposed policy that I follow when I see a news report of some bull-headed politician proposing some law to put low-level drug possessors in prison. That rule? Follow the money,121 comments 230 Recs
- Earlier this evening, the House GOP's effort to pass a three-week funding bill for the Department of Homeland Security went down in flames. The bill failed 203 to 224 . John Boehner suffered 52 ...163 comments 159 Recs
- 2015 seems to be the year that the GOP has finally had to reckon with some of their idiot stars. As Bill Maher said about Sarah Palin, while " the rest of us have been watching this dog eat grass ...184 comments 589 Recs
- It seems the larger mainstream media outlets like Time Magazine are starting to realize that 'small-fry' social media outlets have become a force to be reckoned with. Last week, I published ...287 comments 454 Recs
- Some liberals have expressed disappointment in New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, who campaigned on a platform of reforming the NYPD, saying he has failed to turn his rhetoric into significant ...410 comments 494 Recs
- I'm 53 years old and I've watched, over my adult years, as the American News Media industry has changed from a Watchdog for The People into a silent lapdog with no apparent care for the Informed ...193 comments 185 Recs
- We all give crap to people like Chris Matthews and Chuck Todd for journalistic failures on MSNBC, but tonight, some stunning clarity that Democrats of all stripes would be wise to heed.254 comments 492 Recs
- Hello, Kossacks! It's been a while since I've written a diary -- work's been busy and I've been using my remaining hours to sleep. However, this is important enough for me to write up a diary on, ...136 comments 299 Recs
- Democrat Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR) was the 32nd President of the United States from 1933 until his death in 1945, elected as our President four times back when that sort of thing was legal (...55 comments 40 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.